Inline FabricationWidenersLee PrecisionLoad Data
Snyders JerkyRepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2
Titan Reloading
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Medicare ?

Moderator Emeritus

Doughnut hole is the medication copay kick in. I forget the levels but once you hit x amount you pay a LOT more for medications. I am exempt from it due to income levels(aka POOR). Advantage plans vary by state and a friend in TX said don't bother because the coverage was bad. You need to talk to someone in your state to see what is best. Many pharmacies will go over plans with you also.

Boolit Master
    I've been on medicare five years. I also have a medicare supplement policy (Humana) and a drug policy. We pay a little over $100 each per month. This is higher than some, but my wife has had lots of health issues so I went with a premium plan-- more coverage. I do think that its a good idea to go with a good copany-- either directly or through AARP, or NRA, or somebody. With the effort to repeal the ACA I'm inclined to believe the established insurance companies will just keep on going, and be happy to keep their customers.
    Hick: Iron sights!

In Remembrance / Boolit Grand Master Boaz's Avatar
    I thank you for your input and suggestions . Next step is to talk to the insurance folks I guess. Would rather take a beatin than to deal with a car or insurance salesman . You have given me more than I knew .
    No turning back , No turning back !

Boolit Grand Master
    I believe if you plan to travel the F supplemental plan is worth considering

d
    Don Verna

I was on AARP advantage (UHC), very low premiums but changed to a PPO (Aetna) this year. I did OK for major procedures but they moved all my cardio docs out of plan, with NO notice. If you don't carry drug ins., you get penalized in your premiums - all plans. I will NEVER be an AARP member.
    Whatever!

Well, this is the most depressing thread for me today. Mandatory paperwork.
    One more fact of aging I didn't know. <sigh>
    Seriously, though, Thanks for the insight and forewarning.

Boolit Master

Advantages of a younger wife - still on her plan, and no penalties if I sign up later as I'm still on her plan with good insurance(she works at a hospital). I did try to read the stuff that came from literally dozens of companies trying to get you to take their supplement - gobbledegoop to me . If I live until she retires, guess I'll come back here and have y'all 'splain it to me !
    Gotta believe it would be cheaper if it was simpler - lot of people filling out paperwork on payroll.

Perma-Banned

I've been on Medicare since April of 2015. Still haven't figured it out, but I do know this: If you are poor, as MaryB said, you can apply for extra assistance. SSA then pays your premiums for a prescription plan. Your state may also have assistance available.
    OB

[FONT=times new roman][SIZE=3]Je suis Charlie

Safeguard our way of life...Defend the Constitution against ALL Enemies, Foreign and Domestic!!!

Quote Originally Posted by popper View Post
    I was on AARP advantage (UHC), very low premiums but changed to a PPO (Aetna) this year. I did OK for major procedures but they moved all my cardio docs out of plan, with NO notice. If you don't carry drug ins., you get penalized in your premiums - all plans. I will NEVER be an AARP member.
    With that said , which is better ? ... aarp or Amac ?
    understand amac is a more conservative group .
    Turned 65 last august , still working under group plan .. anthem blue cross but the day will come.
    some people say I should sign up for medicare as a secondary ... like most here , "deer in the headlights"
    It is much easier to fool people ,
    than to convince them they have been fooled !

If you can read this , thank a teacher ...
    If you can read this in English , .. thank a Vet !