Inline FabricationWidenersLee PrecisionLoad Data
RotoMetals2Snyders JerkyRepackboxMidSouth Shooters Supply
Titan Reloading

Thread: dealers for swaging dies?

Boolit Master

dealers for swaging dies?

Happy new year!

For this new year I have some news to community.
    Seems to be so that the swaging dies has a certain demand, so that should be filled.
    Unfortunately it is not practical to do the selling by myself, so somobody else needs to do it.
    The USA is covered. I already have dealer willing to keep the dies in store so that in future there is no need for long waiting period.

Other countrys than USA and Finland are a question mark, so if somebody is willing or knows somebody who would be willing to become a dealer, just send me PM.

S

Banned
    I thought it was illegal to export gun stuff???

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by jroc View Post
    Personally I think seppos dies are going to be like a fart in the wind - they won't be around long.
    This forum sure has a habit of attacking new people. More manufacturers is good for the consumer. I completely understand that there have been many failed attempts and many people that have lost money. But attacking new people isn't called for.

Quote Originally Posted by dragon813gt View Post
    This forum sure has a habit of attacking new people. More manufacturers is good for the consumer. I completely understand that there have been many failed attempts and many people that have lost money. But attacking new people isn't called for.
    Agreed!

Boolit Buddy
    Could you tell us about the existing dealers?

Boolit Buddy

Ok will see what happens.
    My Straight Shooters thread:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...raight-Shooter

spstocksandgrips.com

Texan Loadmaster Model T, Lyman All American Turret, Forster Co-Ax,

Boolit Buddy
    Douche

Boolit Buddy

Quote Originally Posted by BlackoutBuilder View Post
    I thought it was illegal to export gun stuff???
    I don't think seppos is actually in the states, therefore wouldn't be vulnerable to the ITAR and the Government EXPORT restrictionsa.
    NRA PATRON LIFE MEMBER

Space for Witty Signature Line FOR RENT...........Cheap

Boolit Buddy

ITAR, as the name suggests, covers import and export of articles to make war. If he wants to only ship to countries other than the US, he will be all set. As I read the regulation, swaging dies are in the gray area and may or may not be covered.
    Zbench

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Zbench View Post
    ITAR, as the name suggests, covers import and export of articles to make war. If he wants to only ship to countries other than the US, he will be all set. As I read the regulation, swaging dies are in the gray area and may or may not be covered.
    Claim package as hand tools. There will be no issues importing them into the US.

Banned
    Good. The right to self defense is a human right, and shouldnt be restricted anyhow.

Master Tool & Die Maker

I looked into exporting swaging tooling into the US............forget it!

ITAR has to many gray areas. And, depending on the Customs official (good day - bad day) inspecting the incoming parcel, they may or may not allow the items into the country.

You can take your chances, but the outcome may not be what your wanting, should the items be refused entry.

RRR
    "I Make the part.............................that makes the parts"

Looking for Bullet Mould Handles, Heavy Duty Replacement Sprue Plates, Adjustable Paper Patch Bullet Moulds? Check here:http://www.kal.castpics.net/

My Feedback!

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...Red-River-Rick

Boolit Buddy
    I understand that there has been some flash in the pan, swaging die, type dealers in the past but I will give anybody a fair go if they are willing to stand by their product. If Seppo can make a quality product and it is proved to work, reliable with repeatable results, more power to him and I will give them a go. I am sure if they are not up to scratch word would get around VERY fast and he will fade away. I think there is a market out there for dies that are made for specific presses, IE, Corbin S press, R Corbin press and a reloading press. I know from personal experience that not all dies will fit my S press and function properly without punch modifications. I am sure he understands that the product must work on the type of press that it is advertised for. I also believe that they will not be as cheap as he thinks as there is a lot of work to make a quality die, but if he is tooled up, or has access to the tooling, good on him. Let's see what falls out of the tree.

Bill
    The bloke out in the field is always right until proven otherwise.

Boolit Buddy
    If the price is competitive, I will definitely give him a try. The more supply, the better the price. Good for consumers, like me