Inline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Lee Precision
RepackboxWidenersSnyders JerkyTitan Reloading
Load Data
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: what's the least i can get by with to swage 38's-357's-.40's-.44's and 45acp & colt?

BT he is probably talking about you anyway.

Vendor Sponsor

That would be very generous of him and I offer my apologies if that was the case.

BT
    BTX Star Crimp Die
    Back in stock with new low price!
    Click link below!
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...Star-Crimp-Die

also check in and say hello on my new face book page!
    https://www.facebook.com/BTSniper-153949954674572/

In Remembrance - Super Moderator & Official Cast Boolits Sketch Artist

Until products are being offered on a vendor scale there is no violation perhaps someone is testing the waters to see if there is a market and it is viable market. I would not get to worked up life is to short.
    Reloading to save money I am sure the saving is going to start soon

Boolit Buddy

Quote Originally Posted by RP View Post
    Until products are being offered on a vendor scale there is no violation perhaps someone is testing the waters to see if there is a market and it is viable market. I would not get to worked up life is to short.
    Agreed, I have not seen anything offered for sale, some of you need to slow down on the bashing.
    Last edited by newcastter; 01-04-2017 at 04:00 PM.

Vendor Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by newcastter View Post
    Agreed, I have not seen anything offered for sale, some of you need to slow down on the bashing.
    You where quick to edit your comment about "how these same individuals get bent out of shape when some one posts negative reviews. Funny how that works." But I saw it. You where doing a bit of bashing there yourself weren't you!

Care to be a bit more specific about who is bashing who and who is getting bent out of shape? Because without being specific and leaving your post vague it leaves anyone that might have ever had a "negative review" feeling like you are talking about them. I find it "funny" how many of your posts can be geared towards anyone yet you never mention who it is exactly you are calling out.

But we can put the negative reviews and funny business aside for now.... what is the problem here is the selling of commercial items on the swage forum without abiding by the rules put forth in the swap and sell forum.

You haven't seen anything for sale because the posts where edited very soon after mention of the rules violation or you simply haven't been looking hard enough.

For example here is a copy of a post that has now been edited by request of the mods. This post was listed here in the swage forum with a price for each set.

As it is christmas, I will run small batch of dies in .224 and .312

That will be a limited run of 10 sets as I already have blanks ready for it. Both will be with 6 ogive.

Ten sets of dies (is that 10 total or 10 sets per caliber even?) for which there is at least 3 dies per set is hardly a "casual sale."

I don't make the rules here I simply choose to abide by them. Anyone is free to promote their potential product and I have no problem with it but every Vendor Sponsor here has the right to be upset when others attempt to promote and sell their "commercial" products without paying their $100 dues required to be a Vendor Sponsor.

Let me say it again so no one will think a long time supporting vendor sponsor of this site (me, aka. BTSniper, Brian Thurner) is not viewed as bias or disrespectful towards others offering products in competition with my own, "I have no problem with anyone offering their own products on this site so long as they comply with the swap and sell rules regarding the selling of commercial goods."

If someone is merely "testing the waters" by all means.... let them be free to do so as long as they don't cross that line of "testing" vs. "commercial selling" For example.... "I have a potential product, here is a picture, what do you guys think?" vs. "I have X number of products available for purchase, this is how much they cost."

Anyone is free to look over these rules as posted in the swap and sell forum also copied below.

Casual Sales:

If you are buying, selling, or making goods to sell here on a regular/reoccurring basis then your sales are outside the "casual sales only" rule. Buying up everything at a yard sale just to turn it around here goes outside the "casual sales only" rule. Buying goods elsewhere just to turn them around here goes outside the "casual sales only" rule. If you look over your own posts and a large percentage are in the S&S section then your sales don't fit the casual sales definition. Selling off stuff that you have around the house but will never use again defines the casual sales aspect, occasional sales of custom made items are ok,but if you are making stuff purely to sell here you need to sign on as a Vendor Sponsor.

Sorry anyone might view my opinions as me being "bent out of shape" and this certainly is not bashing, this is simply an attempt to uphold this site to the rules for which they have set forth. We have a list of vendor sponsors here all offering great products, the list is long at what looks to be nearly 50 sponsors or more. An investment of only $100 is a very small price to pay for the number of great potential customers we have here that frequent this site. Everyone one of these vendors is showing their support to this site and everyone of them has the right to challenge those that offer products on our forums without following the rules or paying their dues.

Without our attempts to uphold these rules, and our attempts to inform new potential vendors of such rules, things can get out of hand very quickly as we have seen in the past.

It is my opinion that it is better to help new potential vendors by informing them of such rules then to let a new product thread potentially get out of hand, upseting already existing vendors.

It is not difficult. I welcome anyone interested in becoming a vendor to contact Robert, he goes by #1 here.

Brian

p.s. sorry to the OP that your thread had to turn into a "Rules enforcement" discussion. With luck we can return it to a discussion about making bullets without the need of starting a new thread altogether regarding Vendor Sponsorship.
    Last edited by BT Sniper; 01-04-2017 at 06:35 PM.
    BTX Star Crimp Die
    Click link below!

Banned

some numbers were thrown out and they did get removed.

Brian is correct in the interpretation of how things work [how the rules are written]
    they are pretty plain and simple.
    thank god because I don't do lawyer speak.

I don't think they are too strenuous or overbearing.

Vendor Sponsor

Not over baring or strenuous at all regarding the rules. This is a large site and a mods job is ...... well I suppose it is long and some what thankless, but we all appreciate the effort put forth.

I don't want your job but I do feel the members here can take part in a bit of "self policing" in bringing the mods attention to such concerns in an attempt to keep ...... the peace?

New products should always be welcome but it would be nice if these new potential vendors followed some sort of logic in presenting their potential products. I don't want to give away the secrets of success but on the swage forum here it isn't difficult to showcase one's potential products while complying with the rules. If one chooses not to comply with the rules then..........well...... they are at risk of upsetting all of us that do.

For example.......

post pics of your product

establish your credit with more then just a few posts

show what your product can do (groups on target for example)

seek advise on how to make it better

inquire if there is any interest, being very carful how you word anything posted outside the "swap and sell" forum regarding price

request contact via PM for more details

seek vendor sponsor status as soon as your product falls outside the guidelines of "casual sales"

It is that easy! and then everyone is happy!

BT
    Last edited by BT Sniper; 01-04-2017 at 06:36 PM.
    BTX Star Crimp Die
    Click link below!

Boolit Buddy

Brian, no my post was not specifically towards you, it was at all of the ones going after this guy.. Yes I edited my post as to not have some take it the wrong way, like you did. Ya you seem to be trolling this guys post. If your concerned about a violation inform the mods like you suggested and let them handle it. Chill out dude you are way to uptight. And no I was not aware of him posting prices or lots of dies for sale so I was mistaken on that Thanks for the correction
    Last edited by newcastter; 01-05-2017 at 06:13 PM.