MidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyRotoMetals2Titan Reloading
Inline FabricationLee PrecisionWidenersLoad Data
Repackbox

Thread: In Apache Junction Phoenix area, any must see gun shops?

In Apache Junction Phoenix area, any must see gun shops?

I am going to be in the Apache Junction area for the next couple of days and wanted to know if any of the local gun shops were just a place that I had to go see while I was here. I am not so much interested in modern handguns and firearms, but rather older handguns and rifles.

Thanks for the local information.

Banned

Artful and Scharfsheutz would be the ones to talk to.

Boolit Master
    Airguns of Arizona is not far, while some may not like the dealer, they do have some impressive airguns. Bruno's is near as well, lots of BR stuff.

In Remembrance
    Do a Google search.....I lived in Phoenix for years and to tell you the truth it's those mom and pop stores that are the best. The BIGGER stores rely on their name to promote business, and it's more or less......pre-made whatever that has been mass produced. The bigger places are for lack of words B-O-R-I-N-G where as those little shops are just chalked full of those obscure little things.

Don't expect to find something "Unique" at a good price, folks in AZ not only know what things are worth, but they'll tack on a few bucks with the expectation of "There's 1 born every second" ideals. There are a few places in AJ (as we call it) but I've never been to any of them since I lived at the extreme northern part of Phoenix when I was there. All I visited was the small mom and pop places, knew them well, did some business with them, and they are very smart....
    Click to see what I'm doing and have available, this takes you to the VS (Vendor Sponsor) section of the site. Currently..25Rem,30Rem, 32Rem, 35Rem, 257Roberts, 358Win, 338Fed, 357 Herrett, 30 Herrett, 401 Winchester, 300Sav, 221 Fireball, 260Rem, 222Rem, 250 Savage, 8mm Mauser (AKA 8x57), 25-20WCF

Annealing Services

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/foru...php?117-Grumpa

Thank you for the quick response.

I have been to several thus far and the only one of interest was AJI.

My Google search was not very good for me. It yielded too many results, of which some were buy only pawn shops.

I may habe to resort to the telephone to separate the wheat from the chaff.

In Remembrance
    Here's the ONLY local site I know of, I've been a member for years there.

http://www.arizonashooting.com/v3/index.php

Most are local.. just look at the adds about half-way down.
    Last edited by GRUMPA; 12-29-2016 at 07:55 PM.
    Click to see what I'm doing and have available, this takes you to the VS (Vendor Sponsor) section of the site. Currently..25Rem,30Rem, 32Rem, 35Rem, 257Roberts, 358Win, 338Fed, 357 Herrett, 30 Herrett, 401 Winchester, 300Sav, 221 Fireball, 260Rem, 222Rem, 250 Savage, 8mm Mauser (AKA 8x57), 25-20WCF

Annealing Services

In Remembrance
    Those older guns part: Are dang hard to come by. Seems when ammo is scarce or expensive (or both) they become mantle hangers and aren't really in the public eye till Grandpa or Grandma passes on and the new owners have no clue what it is and just want to get rid of it.

Annealing Services

When I lived in that part of the world, I dropped a little bit of coin at this place : https://www.google.com/search?q=pist...obile&ie=UTF-8

Boolit Buddy

"An armed society is a polite society" R.A. Heinlein 1907 - 1988

Boolit Grand Master

I second AJI. Jeff is a great guy and can be negotiated with, plus they have many guns out that can be fondled. I have bought several guns from them. The last is an older Ruger Single Six in 32 H&R magnum.