RotoMetals2WidenersSnyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters Supply
Titan ReloadingRepackboxLee PrecisionInline Fabrication
Load Data
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Possible sign of .22's returning

I've seen a lot of rimfire ammo on the shelves in ne ohio for the past couple of years. Some prices are good, others not so good. Great lakes had a pretty good supply with no limit for black friday weekend. A 3 day sale with no limit on cci blazers for $19.99 a brick. A long with the federal auto-match for $15.99 a brick. Bricks of mini-mags were $40 and cci quiets $50 a brick.

http://www.greatlakesoutdoorsupply.com/

Boolit Grand Master

None to be found here at any of the Walmarts. Have to go to Cabelas which has slightly high prices. Or the LGSs which have high prices. I may just buy cases from Cabelas and be done w/ it.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by dragon813gt View Post
    None to be found here at any of the Walmarts. Have to go to Cabelas which has slightly high prices. Or the LGSs which have high prices. I may just buy cases from Cabelas and be done w/ it.
    Or just make a pleasant drive to Clearfield. Between Grices and Bobs they had just about any brand .22 ammo you could want except the high end target stuff.

Boolit Master

KY Gun Company had a special on Blazer 22s for 24.99 a brick. Cheapest I've seen for awhile. Black Friday a pallet full last about 2 hours according to one of the employees. I'm still pretty good. I can reload center fire cheaper than 22.

Bob
    GUNFIRE! The sound of Freedom!

Boolit Grand Master

Back in the woods a piece, just outside Auburn, AL.
    Walmart here finally got in about 15 boxes of 100 ct Winchester 22 shells. $8.37 a box. They had a 3 box limit. It is the first time I have seen 22 shells in this Walmart in a LONG time.
    I picked up 3 boxes, just fer squirrels and such messing with my birdfeeder.
    KE4GWE - - - - - - Colt 1860, it just feels right.

Boolit Grand Master

Back in the woods a piece, just outside Auburn, AL.
    Midway had Federal 22LR, lead round nosers at $5.98/100 today for a while, with a free canholder. (sold out fast) That still worked out to about 7 cents shipped. Not bad at all.
    I didn't get any because I got the Winchesters yesterday at WalMart, but it's good to see more shells cropping up here and there.
    KE4GWE - - - - - - Colt 1860, it just feels right.

Both Walmarts local to me are still selling out of 22lr quickly in the mornings, but, unlike in the past, the counter staff admit it is "Moms and Dads who are buying it, not scalpers."
    GRANDPARENTS AGAINST RETINOBLASTOMA, BECAUSE NO CHILD SHOULD HAVE CANCER

Boolit Master
    I'm of the opinion that the drought on 22 is almost at an end. My favorite round of choice is CCI standard velocity. I've not seen any locally in several years and my stock of them was starting to get lower than I would have liked. In the past three weeks I've been able to buy 1500 rounds off the shelf at a local business. I'll call it officially over when the wal-mart starts having bulk backs back on the shelf regularly.

BTW, the CCI SV was priced comparable to pre-famine prices.

Moderator Emeritus

Last week, Mrs. Treetop came home from shopping and presented me with three 100 rd. boxes of CCI Mini-Mags! The first I have seen in years at our local small town Walmart.
    Our youngest grandson has asked for Ruger 10/22 for Christmas so I guess these will go in the Ruger box along with the rifle. Semper Fi, Treetop
    "Treetop"
    Sgt. USMC
    1968-71

"Accuracy has a suppressive power all by itself."
    Lt. Gen. George Flynn, USMC

“The Second Amendment was not written to protect your right to shoot deer.
    It was written to protect your right to shoot tyrants…”
    Judge Andrew Napolitano

Boolit Buddy

They seem to be in decent supply in MN right now. I have to wonder though how they miracously had a pallet of 22's for black Friday at each of the Mills fleet stores. They must of just got lucky with their shipments!!
    "Yes or no will almost always suffice as the answer"

Yesterday, I scored on 22 magnum at Acacadmy Sports. The 200 count box of CCI "Choot em" was $42.95. Also, Federal 525 bulk pack was available for $22.95.

Boolit Master

My legs in Orangevale had cci so for 3.49 a box of 50, got the limit of 6 per day till sale was over.
    about 5 bricks, should last me and my grandson and grand daughter a couple months

Boolit Master

The wife gave me 5 more little bricks of Federal for Christmas ! She got 'em from Dick's.

Boolit Grand Master
    I was at wal-mart yesterday and bought the last brick of M-22 (1000 rnd) 22 lr ammo. Was on the top shelf at the back, behind alot of other ammo. Good to be tall. First I have seen at our Wal-mart in about 3 years. They also had some 22mag ammo

Perma-Banned
    People are their own worst enemy in these situations, i didnt even bother reading all 7 pages of this, just figured id throw my .02 cents in the pile and move on. I read on another forum awhile back where everyone was ranting and raving about rimfire ammo, there was a known CCI worker on that forum, in that thread, he was being asked 'WHERE IS ALL THE AMMO?' His reply was, "We are working overtime, putting out more product now than we ever have and stil can NOT keep up with demand" People are frantically hoarding this stuff like there's not gonna be a tomorrow, That is the problem folks PLAIN N SIMPLE! But you better jump in line at your Local Walmart when they get their pallet load in, or your neighbor might get a box up on ya!

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by 54bore View Post
    People are their own worst enemy in these situations, i didnt even bother reading all 7 pages of this, just figured id throw my .02 cents in the pile and move on. I read on another forum awhile back where everyone was ranting and raving about rimfire ammo, there was a known CCI worker on that forum, in that thread, he was being asked 'WHERE IS ALL THE AMMO?' His reply was, "We are working overtime, putting out more product now than we ever have and stil can NOT keep up with demand" People are frantically hoarding this stuff like there's not gonna be a tomorrow, That is the problem folks PLAIN N SIMPLE! But you better jump in line at your Local Walmart when they get their pallet load in, or your neighbor might get a box up on ya!
    Even if it does become readily available there, the price isn't going down. Buy what you can afford. It's readily available here in Canada, and has been for some time. Most stores have ample stock of almost all brands of 22lr. Prices have increased by 50% since this time last year. Glad I don't need any more.

Perma-Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by GrayTech View Post
    Even if it does become readily available there, the price isn't going down. Buy what you can afford. It's readily available here in Canada, and has been for some time. Most stores have ample stock of almost all brands of 22lr. Prices have increased by 50% since this time last year. Glad I don't need any more.
    As ridiculously hard, and expensive as it is to get rimfire, I am glad i dont need anymore either. I found a solution that works well for me a little over a year ago, i sold every rimfire i owned and bought an Air rifle. I have owned more .22, .22Mag, rifles and pistols over the years than i can honestly begin to remember, from junkers to A class Scoped Target Rifles, i miss the fun they were to shoot, but it has gotten to the point that it is NOT fun to shoot them anymore in fear of wasting a shell

Perma-Banned
    Not quite as fun as my rimfires were but pretty darn close! I can buy a tin of 500 pellets for 6-8 bucks and shoot all i want. That sand bank is 100 yards with a rangefinder and i can hit a small size Gatoraid bottle every time if i do my part, this is DEFINITELY pushing the envelope on a .177 air rifle, but it can be done! All while having fun and no worries of it breaking the bank. And i dont have to worry about standing in line to get a 'PRIZED' box of .22 Shells

Attachment 185032

Boolit Master

What airgun do you shoot the most?

Perma-Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by sparky45 View Post
    What airgun do you shoot the most?
    I only have this one, it is a Crossman Nitro Venom Dusk. I think a .22 Caliber would be a better way to go than .177, the .22 will carry better with noticeably more energy. At first it was somewhat of a disappointment, i was expecting more out of the gun than it was capable of, when you hear folks say that these high powered air rifles of today are like a 22 rimfire that is a false statement! They do not have that kind of power. They do make airguns that are as powerful and a whole lot more so than a .22, but you will pay big for those. I bought this rifle at my local hometown sport store. I played with the light weight pellets first, they break the sound barrier and actually sound about like a .22 but i found accuracy was horrible at best, i did a bunch of reading and everything pointed to a Dome nosed style HEAVY pellet for longer range, and better accuracy, i have tried several pellets in this gun, my favorite is the Crossman Premier ultra mag 10.5 grain, they hit REALLY hard, and carry out to 100 yards with enough energy to stil get all the way through a Gatorade bottle. At 100 yards with a 177 air rifle would be comparable to me shooting 500 yards with my 6.5 Creedmoor, or 7MM-08. Its cheap fun! This is not for everyone, but for those that are sick and tired of paying unreal figures for .22 ammo, and just want to plink and be able to enjoy it like we use to be able to do with .22s, give an air gun a try.