WidenersLee PrecisionSnyders JerkyRotoMetals2
RepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationLoad Data
Titan Reloading

Thread: My poor man's anealing machine (short video in action)

My poor man's anealing machine (short video in action)

http://tinypic.com/r/25qxag5/9

I have done it with the help of a friend wich is an expert machinist, but the aim was to use scrapyard items. It's not smarth but it whorks
    Pieces needed are:[/FONT][/COLOR]
    1) books library steel holder (backyard sale)
    1) RPM 12 volts controller (7 euros on ebay)
    1) 6 mm threaded bar for brass stopper (1 euro or less)
    1) discarded cellphone, pc, printer charger 12 volts
    1) car windows wiper (possibly french car) electric engine from a dismantled autopart sale (15 euro)

Starting from last: most of the electric car's wipers motors are cammed, so to change wipers direction every half a tourn. But french cars are not (at least not all).Infact some rely on e reversing sistem placed on the whipers bracket and not on the gear: if you find one job easier.
    If not You must remove the cam in the electric engine, grind it flat, and solder the main driving gear. Job dane.

By adding an " L " shaped section bar, slight diagonal let say 30 deg, on the right free space of the holding frame (library) you can seat multiple brass on line on that slide. So each time the can's slot kisses the slide it will drop a brass in the can, gravity will position it on the threaded stopper. To ensure the right anealing time You can revert the tourning direction (just swapp positive and negative poles) so the brass will stay in the can for nearly a full tourn, or/and lower motor rmp, or/and power the torch flame. It will whork but I find easier dropping the brass one after the other by holding them with a screwdriver inserted in the mouth.
    Infact I removed the slide bar becasue often happens that two brasses drops togheder. In this case in order to have them both uniformly anealed You should place the torch not aside but under the can (flame facing up), or place two torches (left and right): but I am not fan on having gasflames fronting each other.

Fitting a sort of brake at the end of the slider bar (see pic), determining right angles of the slider for each caliber, or may be reducing the opening on the can's slot could avoid double dropping. But it takes some other studies. The brass come out with 1/3 of the body slightly silvered and softned. My tempilstick marlìker ,and way more may seat of the pants, both says anealing is right.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	anealing2.jpg 
Views:	157 
Size:	47.6 KB 
ID:	182335

Last edited by Motard; 12-09-2016 at 11:32 AM.

Very nice! This simplicity could easily be adapted parts more available here in my part of the world. Thanks for this post and video.
    "An ignorant person is one who doesn't know what you have just found out." Will Rogers

Nice indeed - one of jobs we all find tedious.
    je suis charlie

It is better to live one day as a LION than a dozen days as a Sheep.

Thomas Jefferson Quotations:
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."

Banned

don't you burn your hand sticking it in front of the flame like that?

That's what I was thinking except the torch wasn't on.

Brilliant!
    a m e r i c a n p r a v d a

Be a Patriot . . . expose their lies!

“In a time of deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.” G. Orwell

No I don't have fire prof finghers. as written I hold bulletts by inserting a screwdriver in the mouse and placing them directli on the bottom of pan, its as rapid as using finghers and you can use the screwdriver to correct any thing is going wrong, ie a case prematurely falling down. as said is a cheap dolution but is way more rapid and less tedius than the handrill sistem. thouhgt I never tried the watherpan multi anealing method so i cant speack about that.

Boolit Master
    Motad the flat metal sheet that everything is mounted to. did you have to angle it more than 90deg so the brass didn't walk forward? The can that you used as the case holder/spinner did you use a #10 steel can. I used an old metal coffee can.

Kstemberg, i usually cant it a litle by slidind under a dowell. my can was from tomato sauce, not shure abiuth thikness, can write here later when at home. but i have cicled som hundred brass in it and still did'nt warped.

I hope the Mouse doesn't complain too much when you insert the screwdriver!...

Looking from the front like that, I'd bend the far end of the wire about 3 degrees to the left so it's pushing that brass at a slight angle...the brass then would be trying to walk back into the can.
    a m e r i c a n p r a v d a

Be a Patriot . . . expose their lies!

“In a time of deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.” G. Orwell

Yes, this is the right way yo conttoll dropping.canting the wire.. sorrry fir the mouse. my english often betried me

Motard, believe it or not, you are doing better with English than a lot of people here in the USA. And you do well enough for us to understand what you are talking about. Some researchers have even found out that if you get the first letter and last letter of each word correct, some will read it correctly and not even realize the word was spelled incorrectly. Please don't take offense if some tease you a little. They don't mean anything by it. The mouse instead of mouth was funny though.

No offense at all. When I realized what I wrote I was laughing myself. And complaining about poor mouse *** bottom

��

Boolit Master
    Hi,
    Fantastic,and all you really need!

Thanks for sharing!!!
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace.
    We ask not your counsels or arms.
    Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you.
    May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” -Samuel Adams
    Janet Reno, killed more children at Waco, with Bill Clinton's permission, than Adam Lanza killed, at Sandy Hook.

Boolit Master
    where will i find all the highly proprietary parts to build this?

nuts, bolts, cans, steel rods!
    and tools!

wrenches, screwdrivers and tin snips!....i'm not made of money!

Boolit Grand Master
    Motard

NEVER be concerned about your English. A picture is worth 1000 words.

Your ingenuity is excellent. Thanks for posting!

Don Verna

Boolit Buddy
    Great work!

Kastemberg, as for Your's question on thickness, can appear to be 0,5 mm ie 0.01 inch. I cannot be more precise cause the part where I can apply the micrometer has some ribbing, and I trashed the rest. But is a very common tomeato sauce can. Once/if it will ever get warped by multiple heating I am ready to replace it with an inox pan stollen from my lady's kitchen, but don'tell here, please.

Banned

the can size isn't important.
    it's how long the case is in the flame.
    you just adjust the motors speed to keep the case in there for 4-6 seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by Motard View Post
    Kastemberg, as for Your's question on thickness, can appear to be 0,5 mm ie 0.01 inch. I cannot be more precise cause the part where I can apply the micrometer has some ribbing, and I trashed the rest. But is a very common tomeato sauce can. Once/if it will ever get warped by multiple heating I am ready to replace it with an inox pan stollen from my lady's kitchen, but don'tell here, please.
    So, what you do is go buy her a new pan so when she starts looking for the missing pan, you have the new one ready to give to her. That way your the hero.