RepackboxSnyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyWideners
RotoMetals2Load DataLee PrecisionInline Fabrication
Titan Reloading

Thread: Lee sizing dies for brass case reducing

Boolit Buddy

Lee sizing dies for brass case reducing

Well my special order Lee sizing dies have arrived. They are indeed "file hard". For my final size die for my for 308 jackets I ordered the die .302. After the initial bell on the mouth of the die, it measures .311, then within a half inch, it reduces down to .302. It appears that the die stays .302 for about another half inch before the die opens up again to relieve the pressure so it can be pushed through the die to remove it. As far as the amount of material in the die to insure durability, I predict these dies will produce very consistent results for years. As a matter of fact, I may need to shorten the .302 diameter section to use it for brass reduction. I will only be able to tell after I use it some. We shall see.

I will probably not have time to anneal some brass and size some brass for a little while, so I will update the thread when actually using the dies. My initial impression is that these will be excellent sizing dies for resizing brass cases and at $38, an even better value.
    Last edited by rolltide; 12-09-2016 at 02:49 PM.

Yes they are. A master die and size rings are less if you have the tools to make them or know someone who does. But only then if you are going to do multiple calibers.
    The only other suggestion I can make is to use an undersized punch that will fit into the case so you can size it base first, that is just my personal preference.
    Ron Reed
    Oklahoma City, OK

Boolit Buddy
    I agree entirely on the punches. I need to find someone who can make 3 for me.

FWIW you can order the 30 cal punches from Titan (A sponsor here) and they work fine for the 9mm case.
    Ron Reed
    Oklahoma City, OK

Boolit Buddy
    good to know.

Thanks

I am tryng to understand this thread but probably I missed a orevious discussion on this. Can anyone adress me. Reducing brass seems interesting but I am not aware of this process

Inviato dal mio F5321 utilizzando Tapatalk

Boolit Master
    It is to reduce the diameter of the existing brass cases as jackets for different calibers. Normally those Lee calibration dies are ment to calibrate the lead bullets, but some have invented that they are propably suitable for this type of work also.

S

Motard,
    Look around here on the site, use the search function and look for cases for swaging or cases for bullets. We use the .40 S&W for .44 cal bullets and .41 cal bullets. The 9mm's can be used for .375, 9mm makarov and all the various 9mm's. BTSniper uses and has posted some rifle cases converted to rifle bullets too.
    Ron Reed
    Oklahoma City, OK