Snyders JerkyTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyWideners
RepackboxInline FabricationLoad DataRotoMetals2
Lee Precision
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Any snow up north?

Boolit Master
    Very little, maybe 4-6" on the ground. It looks like another mild winter, that last two were practically non winters.

I think I jinxed myself for getting a new pair of cross country and downhill skis two winters ago. Haven't been able to use them much since.

Hopefully we'll get enough snow that I can go skiing with the kids a few times during Christmas break.

Quote Originally Posted by Wise Owl View Post
    Western Maine now has around 6 to 8 inches on the ground. Snowing as I type this. Making getting out to do errands nasty in the old Ford........ Hope it lets off soon. Need to get to the PO today or tomorrow....

Main roads "probably" sanded and salted while side roads will get done when this batch of snow stops falling.

The Malamute is happy tho.....She loves this stuff.....
    When I was up north the dogs would pick the last piles of snow to lay on. premo turf.

OOps thats break up time. its coming

Its funny wintering in NM I miss getting dumped on with a sht load of snow. I've seen 2 4 foot snowfalls in a shot and love that.
    Last edited by bearcove; 12-08-2016 at 03:51 PM.
    I'm just the welder, go ask him>

Boolit Buddy

We still have 4-5" left from the 12" we got on the 26th-27th of last month. We have lived here since April of 2000 and I have kept snow records every year, the first 10 we averaged 170". With the drought over the last few years it has dropped to 139", last year we had 112" after years with 77", 56" & 43" Our local Ski Park opened last weekend, was open a little last year but closed completely the 3 years prior. SWMBO worked there 3 years as a Hostess to make ends meet, she actually got rehired the 4th year but it never opened. Sure glad we are passed that financially. BTW, we are leaving today headed to Lake Oswego, OR to house sit for our oldest Daughter, they have a little snow & are forecast for 2-4" more today
    Livin' my dream in a little cabin on a mountain .....
    USN Vet 1972-1980, Retired CA Peace Officer, NRA Lifer
    Plank Owner - USS Jesse L. Brown (DE-1089) 17Feb73 / USS Kinkaid (DD-965) 17Jul76
    RIP Mom & Brother, you will never be forgotten & forever loved

In Remembrance
    MtnFolk, is that the daughter that works up here?

Boolit Buddy
    Here in Revelstoke we should have a foot or more of snow but have less than an inch. Lots on the mountains but high up. Boarders and sledders are happy though, Had three bear cubs in the yard two nights ago (didn't see Goldilocks though). Good chance they won't make it through the winter as they haven't denned up yet.

We had a light snowfall about 2 days ago and most of it is now gone, but it's cold out there tonight and we're supposed to get more of the white stuff overnight. I'll see what it looks like in the morning since the plan is to take an old friend of mine who doesn't drive any longer (83 years old) up to to the range for a bit of handgun shooting ...
    I may have passed my "Best Before" date, but I haven't reached my "Expiry" date!

23 degrees this morning in north Georgia, you can keep the white stuff.

Here in the shadow of the Great Lakes in Central NY, we have already got 40" this season with another 4-8" on the way.

Boolit Master
    Lightly snowing here this morning. Supposed to be about 2cm---we will see.
    R.D.M.