Inline FabricationRepackboxRotoMetals2Lee Precision
WidenersSnyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan Reloading
Load Data
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jacket Swaging - Copper Strip

Quote Originally Posted by Goober View Post
    Apparently because I am in Canada I can not order jackets from the US due to some type of export law.

Got to love our Government!

Boolit Buddy
    I'm not sure In the rules on bullet jackets There is some kind of stipulation
    you may be able to buy jackets and maybe some kind of paper work or tax.
    Maybe you can find a source for jackets there in Canada try contacting your bullet companies.

Thanks, I am looking. I can not recall the name of the law but it is the same one that prohibits the US from exporting certain night vision, etc.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Goober View Post
    Thanks, I am looking. I can not recall the name of the law but it is the same one that prohibits the US from exporting certain night vision, etc.
    ITAR, International Trafficking in Arms Regulations or some such. If an item is high tech or arms related a license is required to import and export.
    Words are weapons sharper than knives - INXS

The pen is mightier than the sword - Edward Bulwer-Lytton

The tongue is mightier than the blade - Euripides

That's the one! Thanks

Boolit Buddy
    You may want to check out dealers that are allowed to import arms and ammo too.
    Yes that,s it ITAR laws written and controlled by our state department
    IT crazy It restrict,s Trade .

Anyone know what amount of waste I would have if I bought the initial stage disc cutter (not sure what it is called) for..338 and the rest for.my 6.5mm. This way I don't have to buy 3 complete sets. Or maybe better to have 6.5mm full set and disc the .338 and .50 bmg together.

Or maybe better to just.get.three sets and no copper waste. Or less anyway. Anyone have a.thought?
    I have very strict gun control policy; if there's a gun around, I want control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

Boolit Buddy
    You Have to do the math to figure that out It will depend on the size and thickness of the blank.
    IT's a bit complicated but not rocket science. The volume of the blank for the caliber and thickness of the jackets to be produced has to be figured out.
    Richard explained a lot to me on this.

Boolit Buddy

Goober,

Easiest thing it to call David and tell him the range of sizes you want to make. He would figure out the largest disk you need to the biggest caliber and then make draw dies to take it down to the smallest. There is a lot of waste if you go from a .510 diameter jacket to .224, but if you want to shoot 338, 9mm and .308, they could all be easily done with the same disk and the appropriate draw sequences. You can reduce each size approximately 20% in one draw.

Call David, he can quote you a price for what's required.
    Zbench

Called or emailed. He said best is three sets but you could start the .338 and 6.5 in the same but with waste.

I will call to get how much waste.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zbench View Post
    Goober,

Easiest thing it to call David and tell him the range of sizes you want to make. He would figure out the largest disk you need to the biggest caliber and then make draw dies to take it down to the smallest. There is a lot of waste if you go from a .510 diameter jacket to .224, but if you want to shoot 338, 9mm and .308, they could all be easily done with the same disk and the appropriate draw sequences. You can reduce each size approximately 20% in one draw.

Call David, he can quote you a price for what's required.
    I have very strict gun control policy; if there's a gun around, I want control of it.
    Clint Eastwood