RotoMetals2Titan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders Jerky
RepackboxInline FabricationLee PrecisionLoad Data
Wideners
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Noe Molds

Boolit Master

Noe Molds

I am interested in buying my first NOE mold. The mold I want is not "in stock" on their web site. Will NOE make a mold to order or must there be a group buy?

Boolit Grand Master

Back in the woods a piece, just outside Auburn, AL.
    They often restock molds, and sometimes have Inventory Runs that will get you a Group Buy discount. But usually they just restock them from time to time. They don't build just one though.
    Put an ad in WTB section of Swappin an Sellin and see who might have one? Usually one of us will have the one you want.
    KE4GWE - - - - - - Colt 1860, it just feels right.

120 miles North of Texarkana 9 miles from OK in the green hell
    If you get on the NOE site forum you can get group buy discount with 10 buyers or find out where it is in the restock que ,or like me in your drooling hast look right over what you were looking for because it didn't look like what it was ....... Too many 35/38s .
    In the time of darkest defeat,our victory may be nearest. Wm. McKinley.

I was young and stupid then I'm older now. Me 1992 .

Richard Lee Hart 6/29/39-7/25/18

Without trial we cannot learn and grow . It is through our stuggles that we become stronger .
    Brother I'm going to be Pythagerus , DiVinci , and Atlas all rolled into one soon .

If you want the mould quick, cross reference the design to those at Accurate Moulds.

Jeff

Boolit Buddy
    I did just that. I wanted a mold that that was on group buy at NOE beginning in June 2014. It still has not been run so I went to Accurate's web store and picked the same mold from their catalog and had it in 5 days. I have always done business with NOE and they are an excellent mold but I needed this mold now and not when they got around to it.

You may also want to look at Arsenal Molds' website as well.

Boolit Grand Master

Join and register at the NOE forum site.

In the General section , under OUR NEW WISH LIST , post what you wish they would run.

Under Group Buys , see if one has been started for your mould. If not , start a group buy.
    As people see it they will sign on and when enough sign on it will be made.

Under the INVENTORY RUNS section , post what you would like to see ran. Be persistent, keep posting what you want to see run.
    Keep looking at the STORE site , they will make a run and the mold will appear as in stock one day.
    Even though the mould is not in stock , place an order for it and ask to be notified when it is available.
    If you make enough noise , keep posting , someone will hear you.
    I wanted a 9mm 124 TC design with a gas check....nobody but nobody but myself wanted one, but Al heard my lonely pleas for one and made a short run of 6 . That was nearly one year ago and two are still in stock . If you need a design with any demand , getting one won't be a problem. Sending Al a personal email will help if you are having trouble will help, he's a great guy.
    Gary

Boolit Buddy
    NOE has always been fast shipping molds until they got bigger, I have bought over 10 molds and they always been delivered in 2-3 days, I just ordered a new mold in stock monday and just got shipment notification today, that 4 days just to get it shipped. I usually have it in delivered by now. that is one of the things I always liked about NOE was if it was in stock they were fast shipping it, I guess that has changed.

Quote Originally Posted by hanleyfan View Post
    NOE has always been fast shipping molds until they got bigger, I have bought over 10 molds and they always been delivered in 2-3 days, I just ordered a new mold in stock monday and just got shipment notification today, that 4 days just to get it shipped. I usually have it in delivered by now. that is one of the things I always liked about NOE was if it was in stock they were fast shipping it, I guess that has changed.
    That's a really unfair assumption!
    A deplorable that votes!

Boolit Grand Master

My recent purchase was ordered to arrived in 4 days. Can't beat that. Really 3 cause I ordered it around 10pm on day 1.

Boolit Grand Master

If I order over the weekend or on Monday it's at my house by Friday at the latest. I consider this to be more than fast enough considering they use the USPS and are clear across the country from me.

The last order was a little slower than normal , I suspect that the boys have been off hunting so there's probably not a lot of picking ,packing and shipping on Monday and Friday.
    Utah used to close everything opening week of hunting season because everyone was gone hunting .

I usually get 3-4 day service . Day 1 I order , usually after 6 pm Pacific time , D2 it's picked and packed and placed in shipping , D3 it passes through the PO hub or hits my PO ,D4 delivery.
    I have had moulds delivered in less than 72 hrs but there was cosmic alignment happening .

Even if it takes a week it's better than getting in a group buy 12 months in and a yr later getting a very similar mould in a different group buy that was initiated , closed and run in 5 weeks .

I just got a full custom probably 1 off mould in 12 days . I remember a time when it took that long to get the order and check to the supplier or provider.
    Frankly we've never had it so good . You lean back in your overstuffed desk chair with Sirius XM jamming Margaritaville sipping 1 of about 150 varieties of bourbon or 250 flavors of beer , checking out the weekly offers from 15-20 vendors , on the Bluetooth phone conference call with 6 buddies in 5 states planning the next trip and poking the buy it now button for the 41 Colts loading set ,2 new moulds and 250 brass for the brand new SAA that should be delivered any minute. That friends is why somebody is in a snit over 6 days delivery time .
    Slow up breathe a little , I'm going on 3 weeks to get a 6-48 bottom tap, but I'm on the 3rd vendor so whatever. I waited 16 days for a red lable FedEx box that according to tracking crossed Rt 66 and I40 at least 4 times before it turned right on I 10 and then right again after a 4 business day lay over in Phoenix. From Phoenix ,when it moved again , had 4 stops and averaged 72 mph by the clock in out including the clock running during stops. Makes no sense but it's the way we do stuff.

Without trial we cannot learn and grow . It is through our stuggles that we become stronger .
    Brother I'm going to be Pythagerus , DiVinci , and Atlas all rolled into one soon .

Boolit Buddy
    I was just a little disappointed that it won't make it here by the weekend, I ordered it Monday and thought for sure from pass experience it would be here by Sat. so I could cast over the weekend, but now it wasn't shipped until Thursday and it won't get here until Monday or Tuesday of next week. This coming weekend is thanksgiving weekend and I won't have time until the weekend after that to cast.

Boolit Buddy
    Well, I have to give NOE their due, I got a phone call Sat. from them apologizing for the late shipment, How many business do that? He is a nice guy and will continue to get my business, sometimes when our plans get interrupted we get upset and shoot our mouths off.

Always had good luck ordering from NOE. Only thing I hate about his website is going to that one mold you didn't know you needed and seeing a bunch of zero's in the quantity column

....going to that one mold you didn't know you needed and seeing a bunch of zero's in the quantity column
    +1

I have felt your pain.

Quote Originally Posted by hanleyfan View Post
    Well, I have to give NOE their due, I got a phone call Sat. from them apologizing for the late shipment, How many business do that? He is a nice guy and will continue to get my business, sometimes when our plans get interrupted we get upset and shoot our mouths off.
    Yep Al goes far above and beyond often .
    On another site he bought back 2 unused moulds from a gentleman who's health would no longer let him cast . Seaco or RCBS wouldn't do that .

My latest order was actually faster than it has been for more than a year now so they may be catching up
    In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.
    In the land of the disarmed, the one armed man is king.

Boolit Grand Master

My last NOE order was placed on a Tuesday morning , it arrived at my house Saturday Morning !
    No complaints from me at all....that's darn fast compared to how we used to order things , pre computer...find what you want in the Herter's catalog, remove an order form from the back , fill it out, write a check to Herter's , put both in an envelope , find a stamp, the mailman picks it up an off it goes to Herter's. When your check clears the bank , Herter's will pack and ship it , then it makes it's way to your house. Seems like it took two weeks to get a order ....but the world moved slower and patience was a virtue instilled in us by our mother's....the good old days may just be right now !
    Gary
    Last edited by gwpercle; 11-22-2016 at 09:32 PM.

I wanted an NOE mold, and was looking at the zero's in the quantity column for a very long time on his online store. I have sent him an e-mail, to no avail. I have sent him a PM here on the forum, no answer.
    So I got an MP mold from MiHec instead......sorry but NOE doe not cut it for me no more, there are may other good mold makers out there that does respond when you want to do business.