Load DataRepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee Precision
RotoMetals2Inline FabricationSnyders JerkyTitan Reloading
Wideners Reloading Everything

Thread: Hardcast reloading questions.

Boolit Mold

Hardcast reloading questions.

Hi everyone, I'm new to this site, just joined up today and I am looking for some information.

I'm wanting to start loading Hardcast bullets in 10mm. Problem is I've only reloaded using jacketed bullets. So I have a few questions, first do I need to use a gas check. If the bullet is recessed for a gas check do I need to put one on and if so how do I put it on. Next is am I limited to the amount of powder I can use or can I load to Maximum. Next, are my powder choices limited. Next, are cast bullets already lubed or is that something I would have to do.
    Next, who makes a quality hardcast, and what is a good weight and bullet type. I want to use a 200gr flat point with either a round shoulder or truncated. Next what is good recipe using a 200gr
    Last but not least, I've heard of and from many people stating it's totally safe shooting Hardcast bullets there a Glock Polygonal barrel so long as barrel is scrubbed after each outing. At this moment I cannot afford an aftermarket barrel, so that's out of the question.
    Any and all information regarding this topic is appreciated.
    Why is it that when a shooting happens the government goes after the people who had nothing to do with it.

My advice would be for you to get the Lyman cast bullet loading manuel.The latest one should have 10mm in it.It will also answer many of your queations,besides you need the load data anyway.NEVER use anybodies suggested loads without without checking against published data.At least untill you are faaar more advanced.Read as much as you can here.They are good folks and between everybody they have hundreds of years experience.Welcome to the forum and the addiction.

Boolit Mold
    Awesome thanks, also anyone load hardcast for the Glock 20
    Which is best a 220 gr or 200 gr
    Why is it that when a shooting happens the government goes after the people who had nothing to do with it.

Banned

if the boolit has a gas check shank on it I would recommend one for the 10mm.
    I know you don't want to really hear this but shooting cast in a glock is doable but you have to be quite careful doing so.
    it's also something an experienced loader and caster should be doing.
    the poly barrels need a larger diameter and a slightly harder alloy to make things not only work properly but also to do it safely.
    there is a reason the stories about broken/blown up glocks abound out there.

your gonna get around to it anyway so you might as well get some 800-x and work with that from the beginning.

Boolit Master

I believe that there is still a sticky in the handgun section on loading for Glocks. It would probably answer a few questions about the Glock and the successful technique to load for it.
    Keep your powder dry,

Scharf