Load Data Wideners
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Starline Offering 308 Winchester Come August 15th

Starline Offering 308 Winchester Come August 15th

250 for $116
    500 for $199
    1,000 for $376

https://www.starlinebrass.com/brass-cases/308-Win/
    "...journalism may be the greatest plague we face today - as the world becomes more and more complicated and our minds are trained for more and more simplification"
    Nassim Taleb
    'Fooled by Randomness'

Boolit Master

They must of got some annealing furnaces. Maybe this will be the last road block for them to produce bottle necked cartridge cases.
    “Let us endeavor so to live that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry.”
    ― Mark Twain
    W8SOB

Boolit Grand Master

I am more interested in 300BO which is another cartridge they are going to produce. I still don't understand why 308 when cheap plentiful LC brass is available. There are lots of bottleneck cartridges that people want but can't get.

Banned

I sent them email begging them to do 30-30. This is a step in the right direction, but there is no shortage of .308 or .223 brass for that matter.

In Remembrance
    I would imagine as a company they're going for bottle neck cases that are in extremely high demand to make the venture pay off.
    Click to see what I'm doing and have available, this takes you to the VS (Vendor Sponsor) section of the site. Currently..25Rem,30Rem, 32Rem, 35Rem, 257Roberts, 358Win, 338Fed, 357 Herrett, 30 Herrett, 401 Winchester, 300Sav, 221 Fireball, 260Rem, 222Rem, 250 Savage, 8mm Mauser (AKA 8x57), 25-20WCF

Annealing Services

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/foru...php?117-Grumpa

Boolit Grand Master

I understand wanting to sell quantity. But I personally can't see paying that price when LC is cheap and available. Either way it's a move in the right direction.

Boolit Master

Oh please please expand to a full line of bottlenecks......

Banned

y'all need to remember that Star-line is still a small family run operation.
    they are still small enough that an investment like this is big enough to ruin them as a company if it doesn't pay for itself fairly quickly.

I probably don't 'need' any 308 cases.
    but if I can put the money together I can see myself getting 500 pieces of their brass and assigning it to one of my better rifles.

Banned

The .308 brass as described, seems like it will be an excellent choice for cast bullets. If they are doing this, I can't wait for the .30-30.

"Our .308 case is slightly thicker than most other brands towards the base, giving it slightly less case capacity. This feature will allow the reloader to reduce their load slightly and still achieve the same velocity as other brands."

Boolit Master
    I agree with most everyone else that it's a step in the right direction and I'll support them with a purchase and segregate it for my Rem 700 LTR
    See Some of My Holster Work Here:
    www.whitetigerleatherworks.com

Boolit Buddy

+1 on wanting them to do 300 BO! Love Starline brass. I wouldn't complain about them doing some 6.5 Grendel either!

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by dragon813gt View Post
    I am more interested in 300BO which is another cartridge they are going to produce. I still don't understand why 308 when cheap plentiful LC brass is available. There are lots of bottleneck cartridges that people want but can't get.
    Dragon, I wasn't able to find any info on them producing the 300BO on the net. Not doubting you, just wondering the source of the information? It seems a natural fit given the other small bottleneck cartridges they already produce.

The .308 sounds nice. Just load and go with my x-die and no trimming required.
    "Is all this REALLY necessary?"

Boolit Master

I'd buy their 308 Brass over Lapua or Norma if their quality control is as good as those other two companies and on par with their pistol brass.
    I know that Hornady Brass is ****! I've bought 6.5 Creedmoor and 6.5 Swedish brass from Hornady this year and quality control and case life is horrible. If Starline puts out 308 Win brass, I 'll be able to trim them down for my 6.5 Creedmoor rifle and have a dedicated set for that rifle.

And for everyone talking about Lake City being plentiful, they may be forgetting that the majority of the surplus LC brass you can purchase has been shot in machineguns so that leaves them open for interpretation about case stretching from being fired in a full-auto leading to shorter case life.
    I Cast my Boolits, Therefore I am Happy.
    Bona Fide member of the Jeff Brown Hunt Club

Boolit Grand Master

Starline Offering 308 Winchester Come August 15th

Quote Originally Posted by Fishman View Post
    Dragon, I wasn't able to find any info on them producing the 300BO on the net. Not doubting you, just wondering the source of the information? It seems a natural fit given the other small bottleneck cartridges they already produce.

The .308 sounds nice. Just load and go with my x-die and no trimming required.
    I honestly forget where I saw it. 308 and 300BO were going to be the first two produced from what I read. I did not call Starline to ask about this. So I may be spreading unsubstantiated rumors

Boolit Master
    This may be a business move and the hand loaders get any over runs? They are but a hop skip and jump from lake city. If the make 308 and 223 they could be chasing a military contract of some sort. None the less I too support them along with Sierra,Hodgdon,bushnell and some others are a home town team for me so to speak.
    To compete with lapua the better have their ducks in a row. And if any company can do it I would say it is them.

Boolit Master
    I'd REALLY like to see them offer 7.62X54R brass, personally.
    Service members, veterans and those concerned about their mental health can call the Veterans Crisis Line to speak to trained professionals. To talk to someone, call 1-800-273-8255 and Press 1, send a text message to 838255 or chat at VeteransCrisisLine.net/Chat.

If you or someone you know might be at risk of suicide, there is help. Call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-8255, text a crisis counselor at 741741 or visit suicidepreventionlifeline.org.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by nicholst55 View Post
    I'd REALLY like to see them offer 7.62X54R brass, personally.
    that's good for me as well!
    I Cast my Boolits, Therefore I am Happy.
    Bona Fide member of the Jeff Brown Hunt Club

Boolit Master

40 cents per Starline .308 case, which sounds like it might be a NATO-spec case, is a good deal. I have hundreds of dollars invested in tools to beat LC brass into submission for use in my M1A, and I suspect I might have been better off to have spent the money on Starline brass, if it had been available at the time. Here's hoping they soon give us the full range of '06 based cases, from 22-250 to 35 Whelen.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by runfiverun View Post
    y'all need to remember that Star-line is still a small family run operation.
    they are still small enough that an investment like this is big enough to ruin them as a company if it doesn't pay for itself fairly quickly.

I probably don't 'need' any 308 cases.
    but if I can put the money together I can see myself getting 500 pieces of their brass and assigning it to one of my better rifles.
    308 cases in that scenario would be the last they should start with IMHO.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by dragon813gt View Post
    I honestly forget where I saw it. 308 and 300BO were going to be the first two produced from what I read. I did not call Starline to ask about this. So I may be spreading unsubstantiated rumors
    Well here's hoping. More choices are always better.
    "Is all this REALLY necessary?"