WidenersInline FabricationReloading EverythingRotoMetals2
RepackboxSnyders JerkyLoad DataMidSouth Shooters Supply
Lee Precision Titan Reloading
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: joining the 300blk club.

Boolit Mold
    Ouachita Mts. Ark. on cattle ranch with pistol and 400 yd rifle range 10 steps from reloading room
    My CMMG complete rifle 300 BO is about .3085 the way I measure slug from bore. My best load is Lee 312 155 gr. sized to .310. Amazing from good rifle stand it shoots less than MOA on days my eyes are good. Used all the powders recommended but settled on H110 ?? never quote loads off top of my head. Load everyday I have time and shoot most every day if I can get outside. I am lazy and have not chronographed this load but book says its about 1850. Me thinks.
    ancientriflesmith
    Jack of all trades, now down to only a few.

Boolit Master
    Your eyes look kinda spooky in the picture.

Boolit Bub

Love the 300!
    This SBR is fun as heck, and surprisingly accurate.

Boolit Buddy
    I guess you really must have the 300 Blackout bug. Strange, I must be immune. (I do, however, have other viruses).
    "Faster than a speeding insult, more powerful than an ulterior motive, able to leap to conclusions in a single bound... it's Captain Obvious!
    "Living well is the best revenge" - George Herbert.
    "Fast is fine, but accuracy is final". - Wyatt Earp

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by MT Chambers View Post
    Your eyes look kinda spooky in the picture.
    It's them crazy eyes what lets im shoot so dadblamed good wit no arms. Good lookin SOB too!
    What is best in life?
    1. Crush your enemies
    2. See them driven before you
    3. Hear the lamentations of their women

Quote Originally Posted by popper View Post
    Wedgie, how does that short one shoot? Thinking of a pistol build (don't want to pay the tax) but wondering how bad/much recoil, ~170gr low fps super?
    It shoots real soft. Runs an adjustable gas block. Recoil is not an issue. My first 300 was a 9" pistol and it is a good shooter as well but it has only run jwords. This SBR has widened feed ramps and was built specifically to run CastBoolits.

Sorry it took so long to reply.
    My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.

Boolit Master

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	300pistol.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	24.1 KB 
ID:	169098

My newest 300 AAC Blackout 7.5" full bull from MGM with supressor, to go with my 16" upper.

Boolit Buddy
    Me too ordered my 300 today

CC

Boolit Master
    That bite goes deep. Carefull, next thing you know you have 3-4 blackout rifles, file paperwork for SBRs and silencers, scour the countryside for 1680, and go through over 100 pounds of lead a year feeding the 300BO children.

Boolit Buddy
    My second AR but in 300blk. Also my favorite rifle I have right now.

Quote Originally Posted by xacex View Post
    That bite goes deep. Carefull, next thing you know you have 3-4 blackout rifles, file paperwork for SBRs and silencers, scour the countryside for 1680, and go through over 100 pounds of lead a year feeding the 300BO children.

You been stalking me trying to get some of my 1680?
    On every question of construction let us carry ourselves back to the time when the Constitution was adopted, recollect the spirit manifested in the debates, and instead of trying what meaning may be squeezed out of the text or invented against it, conform to the probable one in which it was passed.

Thomas Jefferson, letter to William Johnson, June 12, 1823

I don't think they realize how popular the 300BO really is. A guy at the local range said he is bored with his. I asked why, he said it just works too well, nothing to do but but punch tight groups. I suggested he try cast but no go. I'm even finding tossed BO brass!
    Whatever!

Boolit Buddy
    I've yet to find toss out blackout brass, but hope to find some soon!! Getting tired of forming my own.

I pick up the BO HS (usually H or UMC/Rem) stuff but watch the converted ones. Never know how many reloads they have on them. Also check for brass coated steel cases in 223.
    Whatever!

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by popper View Post
    I pick up the BO HS (usually H or UMC/Rem) stuff but watch the converted ones. Never know how many reloads they have on them. Also check for brass coated steel cases in 223.
    Good advice. I'm mostly converting 5.56 brass and am measuring the wall thickness to make sure they are not too thick. So far I've found about a 100 or so that are too thick out of the couple thousand 5.56 I am converting. It's a cool process but time consuming.

I switched to only using Lake City brass and all of them have been the proper thickness.
    On every question of construction let us carry ourselves back to the time when the Constitution was adopted, recollect the spirit manifested in the debates, and instead of trying what meaning may be squeezed out of the text or invented against it, conform to the probable one in which it was passed.

Thomas Jefferson, letter to William Johnson, June 12, 1823

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Boolit_Head View Post
    You been stalking me trying to get some of my 1680?
    Shhh....go to sleep. Leave the case unlocked so the 1680 can breath.