MidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxInline FabricationLoad Data
Titan ReloadingWidenersRotoMetals2Reloading Everything
Snyders Jerky Lee Precision

Thread: Easton R&T CO. 257 Roberts dies

Easton R&T CO. 257 Roberts dies

Picked these up a couple weeks ago. Look unused, 257 Roberts dies. Check out the postmark date AUG 17 59. I was not able to find much information on the manufacture but plenty on the caliber.

The dies have me curious about the 257 Roberts and I figured I would share a picture.

Boolit Man
    Those are nice looking dies.
    I've wanted a Bob fro some time; there's just something classy about it.
    Seeing as your OP was your 257th post, I'd say it was a sign

Boolit Master
    You might check on the Antique Reloading Tool site; there's a lot of info there on Easton reloading equipment. If Pressman notices this thread he should have background, too. Easton made reloading presses with names like "Big Giant" and "Little Giant."

Wow, unused dies in their original shipping box for all this time! Amazing!

Banned
    Those dies have me drooling on the keyboard. That is a nice find. It is rare to find any reloading tools that nice, box included. 1959 puts them towards the end of Easton. the big Giant was long gone then, replaced by the effective, but much cruder Super. There were a lot of address changes during that time also. Something I need to spend some time researching more.

Great catch, I have a Mauser short action in the cabinet chambered for 257 Roberts. Another partly finished project, it needs a lot of bolt shaping, re-finishing and polishing and stock fitting. Someday.

Ken

Boolit Master
    You can tell some old timers are dying off.
    I have seen other Easton dies in auctions in the last few years. Before that I had not even heard of the brand and I have been doing this 45 years.
    EDG

A interesting caliber for sure, not in the market for another at the moment but who knows. Pressman, thanks for the information once again.

Boolit Master
    The last Gasp For AA Easton. was around 1959-60. DBA Easton Rifle and Tool. At that time the Eason Co. and PO Ackley went into The Custom Rifle business. . Ackley would produce the barrels and action. while easton would do the stocks. guns were marked Easton Rifle and Tool. but Ackley Makers marked was placed On the Barrel.. .
    NRA Endowment Member
    International Ammunition Association
    New York, the Empire State Where Empires were Won and Lost

Quote Originally Posted by salpal48 View Post
    The last Gasp For AA Easton. was around 1959-60. DBA Easton Rifle and Tool. At that time the Eason Co. and PO Ackley went into The Custom Rifle business. . Ackley would produce the barrels and action. while easton would do the stocks. guns were marked Easton Rifle and Tool. but Ackley Makers marked was placed On the Barrel.. .
    Good information. That was before my time but I'm always curious what happens to companies or who used to make what.

Thanks