MidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2WidenersLoad Data
RepackboxInline FabricationSnyders JerkyLee Precision
Titan Reloading
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Your favorite summer meal?

Boolit Buddy
    A good ole fashion Matter sandwich. Wheat toast, olive oil mayo, and FRESH big boy maters.
    You know, there's an old saying, Miss Sally. There's no law west of the Dodge and no God west of the Pecos. Right, Mr. Chism? James Pepper

Wrong, Mr. Pepper. Because no matter where people go, sooner or later there's the law. And sooner or later they find God's already been there. John Simpson Chism

Boolit Master

I love steamers, lobsters and COLD COLD beer.

Moderator Emeritus

Claude! How COULD you!!! Roast a watermelon???? Tell me more. We chill them here, but then, we're on the coastal plain and ANYTHING cold tastes better in our summers here. In Oregon you well may have a different view, but I still wanna' know more. Thanks for any info on this. Doubt I'll stop chilling mine here, but I like to know these things anyway. How does the heat affect the taste? Does it intensivy it like cooking usually does? You've really got me curious now!

I like a BLT, but I add an Am. cheese slice, a slice of onion, an egg fried over easy, and as much thinly sliced avocado as I can cram in. Heaven!

Somebody mentioned Fireman's chicken - we used to live in Pennellville, NY, near Phoenix north of Syracuse, and seems like every VFD in the area cooked chickens nearly every weekend and man they were good! Cheap too, like $5 apiece. I miss those.

Boolit Buddy
    Big Ribeyes on the grill, cooked medium rare, along with morel mushrooms, corn on the cob desilked but with husks back on set right on the coals, along with a simmering pot of beans mixed with pulled pork from the smoker on the grills' side burner, and top it off with homemade strawberry shortcake with whipping cream. Life is good.