Titan ReloadingLee PrecisionInline FabricationWideners
MidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataSnyders JerkyRepackbox
RotoMetals2

Thread: garand parts

Boolit Master

garand parts

does anyone have parts or a source i need the complete gas port and front sight i shot mine off some how rick

Boolit Buddy
    Sarco has the five parts you need; gas cylinder, cylinder lock, cylinder lock screw, front sight, front sight screw.

http://www.sarcoinc.com/m1g.html

That is an expensive fix, but not prohibative.

What hapened? Did your gas cylinder screw work loose? The cylinder lock would still have to have rotated several times.

Hope that it doesn't happen to you again. Hope your barrel threads are not stripped. Better check them before screwing on the new parts and firing away.

Might as well order them though. You will need them eventually. If the threads are stripped, I don't know any way to fix them, short of replacing the barrel.

Good luck.

Sean

Boolit Master
    Check on the CSP Classified Forums at www.jouster.com. You'll probably get a better deal than going through Sarco.
    Service members, veterans and those concerned about their mental health can call the Veterans Crisis Line to speak to trained professionals. To talk to someone, call 1-800-273-8255 and Press 1, send a text message to 838255 or chat at VeteransCrisisLine.net/Chat.

If you or someone you know might be at risk of suicide, there is help. Call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-8255, text a crisis counselor at 741741 or visit suicidepreventionlifeline.org.

Boolit Master

...or Orion 7 Enterprises, if Tony is still in business. I always got the best quality from them. Super service too.

Doug

Boolit Master

junkbug you are right the threads are shot--this is a honor guard gun that has fired many blanks i belive the blank adapter may have been loose--anyway the rifle was having the bolt and op rod to seperate i took it apart and the spring had been cut[i think] was 3in shorter than a new one--i put a new spring in and fired one blank the end went about 50yds into a over growen valley ---so it will need a barrel too--this may be a gun for parts now thanks for info shotman/rick

Boolit Mold
    www.mbcompany.org Debbie Mann is the owner of most likely the largest GI parts supplier in the U.S. She is located in Sturgis South Dakota. She will be able to fix you up with whatever you need. She can build you a rifle for what ever your bank account can handle. Debbie is the best as far as I am concerned. Send her your parts and she will swap to build and in spec. rifle for you that will shoot. Her Telephone # is (605)-347-0045 Tell her the farmer from Iowa sent you. I recieve nothing. Just do business with her. She built my rifle and I couldn't be happier with it. Just my opinion. Good luck if you choose her or someone else. She will work with you.