MidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxRotoMetals2Snyders Jerky
Inline FabricationTitan ReloadingWidenersLee Precision
Load Data
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: .45 cal Boolit length for 50 cal sabot

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by plinky56 View Post
    Thanks mooman76, not frustrated, just trying to get a boolit around .600 in length. If you find your flat point @ .602, let me know which one it is, and thanks for posting. I'm going to get this TC to shoot well and you guys are helping. Appreciate the info.
    My mistake. Turns out the round flat point is a 44 but Lee does make a 200gr RF 452 diameter and since it is 45 instead of 44 that make it slightly shorter than the .600 452-200-RF.
    Aim small, miss small!

Boolit Bub
    I'm sure your guns shoot Maxi balls well, mine do not. Thanks to all who helped out. I compiled a list of various moulds to include bullet diameter/lengths and believe i'll go with either a lee 200gr rf or a lee 255gr rf, as this puts me in the correct stabilization rate per twist of barrel for the velocities they'll shoot. Thanks again to all for your willingness to help out and the knowledge you have given me and this post. I'll post back after I've tested a decent combo and learn just how to post pics of targets.