WidenersRepackboxLee PrecisionSnyders Jerky
Titan ReloadingRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad Data
Inline Fabrication
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Poodle Lube

Boolit Mold

Talking Poodle Lube

Dont want to start nothin, but is there anyone here that remembers the recipe for poodle lube?

Can't remember the recipe (never knew it). So, what bore are yuh gonna shoot them poodles out of? I never liked them neither! Crisco ought to work OK though. Usin' B.P?

Moderator Emeritus
    Welcome to Cast Boolits many ponies.

Poodle lube? better be careful the RSPCA doesn't see that, they may be onto you for unnatural practices mate.

For fine firearms and shooting requisites visit my Web Site by clicking the link below:

Pukka Bundhooks

Smile

Tried KY?
    "A cheerful heart is good medicine."

Boolit Master in Heaven's Range
    Welcome, Many Ponies.

Wow! You're going to think we're a bunch of smart @$$e$ here. I just ran a search on the site and couldn't find anything. I also ran a Yahoo and a Google search. The only thing that turned up was this thread.

Sorry.

Stew
    Sig file change:
    "Obi Wan Baloney"
    VOTE 2012! Throw them out! Every last one of them! (Feel free to add this to your sig. Spread the word!)

"...Get a rope." Pace Picante Sauce commercial, ca. 1984

"I (did, on several occasions) swear to support and defend the Constitution of the United States, against ALL enemies, foreign AND domestic, and to bear true faith and allegiance to the same." And when I left, they never asked me to recant.

Boolit Mold
    Actually it was sort of a humurous sort of thing, looong time ago on one of the boards, not sure which one, might have been the old bcpr forum, some one told the story of how his wifes pet poodle was scooting his rear end across the carpet, and his daughter (that knew about these things) decided that the glands under his tail needed drained, got a rubber glove on and drained em.
    whoever it was, might have been a guy that posted under the handle "grandpa xx" hated to see the oily substance go to waste, so he put it in a batch of felix lube he was cooking up.
    It seems this batch of lube was the best lube ever made in the whole world, but was never duplicated due to the fact that the oily substance had not been measured correctly.
    Any way that was back in the "day" and in the meantime i sort of got away from shooting for a few years, but have got out the boolet molds cleaned my pot and rifles, and planning to start again.
    many thanks for answering the thread

MP

Boolit Grand Master
    Ahhh....so this was a test of sorts?
    You cannot discover new oceans unless you have the courage to lose sight of the shore

Boolit Mold
    To answer the question about what i shoot,
    Yes I shoot black in a 45/70 sharps 74, that is a custom made rifle and a 50/90 rolling block antique that someone converted to a underlever type rifle,
    I also shoot a lot of surplus powder of various kinds in a high wall.

MP

Boolit Mold
    Quote Originally Posted by 454PB View Post
    Ahhh....so this was a test of sorts?
    Sort of, i wanted to find out if my poster was up and running,

MP

Smile

Might be easier to make some "skunk lube." It'd help to clear out the smartalecky black rifle shooters (shooters of black rifles, I'm not making any racial comments here) on the benches downwind...
    "A cheerful heart is good medicine."

One of my little brother’s pit bulls had that same glandular problem a few years ago. When the vet expressed his glands, that dog made some of the most unusual noises that I have ever heard come from an animal.

I know when my leg is being pulled.
    I posted the same thing about ear wax one time. Had to do with the occasional unlubed bullet you find when loading, and if sticking it in your ear and spinning it a time or two, would add enough wax prevent leading.
    Morgan

I think that "lube" you get from your dog rubbin' its a$$ across the rug is more the stinky brown "lube"?
    We need somebody/something to keep the government (cops and bureaucrats too) HONEST (by non government oversight).

Every "freedom" (latitude) given to government is a loophole in the rule of law. Every loophole in the rule of law is another hole in our freedom. When they even obey the law that is. Too often government seems to feel itself above the law.

We forgot to take out the trash in 2012, but 2016 was a charm! YESSS!

Boolit Master

Skunk Lube

Hi,
    Skinned A Skunk Once.
    Prob. Will Not Do That Again!
    Did Not Pop The Glands, And It Was Still So Bad. I Decided Not To Cook & Eat The Skunk.
    By The Way Skunk Oil From The Glands Is Used (modified ) In Some Very Expensive Perfumes. Back In The 60's It Could Be Sold For $100/oz.
    Heard Of Cat Lube, Some Here Have Even Used It As A Flux.
    Neighbors Complain About The Yellowing When You Drop Them In The Pot :-d Though.

Boolit Master

Smile Skunk Lube

Hi,
    Skinned A Skunk Once.
    Prob. Will Not Do That Again!
    Did Not Pop The Glands, And It Was Still So Bad. I Decided Not To Cook & Eat The Skunk.
    By The Way Skunk Oil From The Glands Is Used (modified ) In Some Very Expensive Perfumes. Back In The 60's It Could Be Sold For $100/oz.
    Heard Of Cat Lube, Some Here Have Even Used It As A Flux.
    Neighbors Complain About The Yellowing When You Drop Them In The Pot Though.

Boolit Master
    Boom Boom, ROTFLMAO at the last one of yours. Bet you have to really be careful of them kicking hot lead around. I have a bunch of the darned things around here and would like to find a good use for them. However my 9 year old daughter thinks otherwise....Wes

Boolit Master

Whats wrong with ear wax. It just takes longer to wax a lot of bullets. I think Poodle lube is made from the nether region of Canin type (dog).. It saves going to the Vet and having them squeeze those glands empty. I give my dogs a couple peices of bread once or twice a week and they squeeze them when they....well you know

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Morgan Astorbilt View Post
    I know when my leg is being pulled.
    I posted the same thing about ear wax one time. Had to do with the occasional unlubed bullet you find when loading, and if sticking it in your ear and spinning it a time or two, would add enough wax prevent leading.
    Morgan
    Morgan,

I heard, somewhere, that the toughest of the old buffalo hunters could lube and size the bullets by pushing them in flush.

Jack

Boolit Buddy
    There used to be a website called People Against Poodles. It was really funny because folks would write in about why they hated them. I was hoping this thread would illuminate the need for ground poodle, but alas, it does not.

Paul

Boolit Master

I don't know how many times the large poodle has won the world championship in hunting. They are good.