MidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2Inline Fabrication
Lee PrecisionRepackboxSnyders JerkyLoad Data
Wideners
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: scope choice

I've owned a bunch of different scopes over the years, different price points along with different applications. For the last decade I've been thinning the herd but I'll probably go to my grave with my favorite setups like the 3x post weaver on my anschutz full stock squirrel rifle or the lyman all-american 20x on my hogs backed cz lux for silhouettes.

I started using sightron scopes 10 years ago and have never looked back. I use 2 different 36x for br/paper, a 24x as a floater, 2 different 6-24x's for a anschutz 54 sporter and a win 52b sporter and a 6-18x on a 581-s sporter. One of the 36x is currently on a 308 and the 24x is currently on a 223. I've shot allot of silhouettes over the last decade using several rifle/ different sightron scope combo's. They all track as they should and hold repeatable zero's.

There's allot of good scopes out there, I just happen to put my $$$$ on sightrons.

Boolit Buddy
    Thank fellows,i will chose ŕ sightronCheers
    André

Quote Originally Posted by Artful View Post
    Lead Fred - that's the same company I posted (I just put their inexpensive demo item list)
    but I (and evidently you) was not aware of their export policy
    Punks!

Our French friends are in need of help. I got no problem buying one and sending it to him.
    Neither should anyone else.

Ten Bears: It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues.

No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men.
    I have sworn on the altar of GOD eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.
    Thomas Jefferson

" Any law that is NOT constitutional is not a law" James Madison

I've had good luck with Sightron
    You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend: Those with loaded guns and those who dig. You dig.

Boolit Master

Two moderately priced scopes I own and am happy with are the Redfield 4-12x40 Accu-Range and the Bushnell Elite 3200 fixed 10x. It's also available as the Elite 3500 variable power series. The 3200 is a mil dot with great contrast, solid adjustment clicks and solid tracking in my experience.

The Redfield, sighted per the instructions is on at 100, 200, 300, 400 and 500 yards on steel targets 8" and smaller with my 6.5x55.

Nikons are a good value as well. I have severall.

I'm not adverse to more expensive scopes, though. An inexpensive scope can be every bit as accurate as expensive ones. The higher end scopes usually have better contrast and more accurate tracking.

David
    Sometimes life taps you on the shoulder and reminds you it's a one way street. Jim Morris