Snyders JerkyWidenersLee PrecisionRepackbox
Inline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingLoad Data
RotoMetals2
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Odd thing today.

Boolit Bub

Odd thing today.

I got up from my loading bench today and as I walked though shop I could hear my black labs nails clicking on the floor behind me. Nothing unusual about that except he passed away 8 years ago.

Gus

Boolit Master

Gus
    You are blessed !!
    Awesome
    Mike
    NRA Benefactor 2004 USAF RET 1971-95

Boolit Master

He's still keeping an eye on you.
    Pro Patria-Ne Desit Virtus

Boolit Master
    Nothing odd about that at all. My setter has a personality complex. I call her several of my late dog's names on a regular basis depending on which one comes closest to her current actions. She just looks a me like she's saying it'll be ok pop, it'll be ok.

Our house cat was put down a month ago. I have seen him a few times in the house.
    Collector and shooter of guns and other items that require a tax stamp, Lead and brass scrounger. Never too much brass, lead or components in inventory! Always looking to win beauty contests with my reloads.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by FISH4BUGS View Post
    Our house cat was put down a month ago. I have seen him a few times in the house.
    Ain't that the truth. We had a big, loveable one who got outside and got killed a few years ago, the house was like a tomb for a long time. He used to always sit on my wife's upright piano which was positioned close to a doorway we all had to walk right past frequently. I'd swear I saw him sitting there for a few years after he was gone sometimes.

Pets really do get under your skin, don't they?

My big male pyriness died about 1 1/2 yrs. ago and I can still hear him bark at ciyotes at night in the field. Gives you the willes and then a good feeling comes over you for thinking about them.
    CD
    When you find you are in deep trouble, look straight ahead,keep your mouth shut, and say nothing.

A man who is good enough to shed his blood for the country is good enough to be given a square deal afterwards

Theodore Roosevelt

The human brain is an amazing, amazing piece of equipment. Just goes to show how much a part of you he was.

Even the worst dog will manage to steal your heart.
    __

Brings tears to me missing my best friend of 14 years ..I would trade her for more then 3/4 of the people I know ..
    Dave Biesenbach
    port charlotte fl

In Remembrance

I have lost many in my life and the only way to get on with it is to get another. I'll always miss the ones that have gone on but I'll survive because the one I have now is my "Good Girl". They are a part of us and always will be.
    Tennessee Hunter Education Instructor

“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to
    restrain the people; it is an instrument for the
    people to restrain the government-lest it come to
    dominate our lives and interests"
    Patrick Henry

Moderator Emeritus

My black lab Misty died from cancer 20 years ago. I can still hear her barking in the backyard some days... look out and not a dog in sight...

Boolit Master
    We lost our cairn terrier some years back. Had her for I don't know how many years. Kept feeling like something was walking across the bed at night while I slept. Over that time I've caught a couple of flashes of her. We've had dogs for years and sometimes one of them will get up and look st something, when we look we see nothing. Frank

Boolit Master
    One thing that springs to mind when reading this thread is the compassion you all express for your Pets that have gone on.They want little from us,just love,good Food,play and walks,in return their loyalty is unconditional.I have lost some over the years but they remain in my thoughts.
    Lulu my present boss who is still very much with us.

I would give all I have to catch a glimpse of my dog patch gone 22 years now I think of her every day or any of my dogs i've lost over the years. You will find no greater love.
    "The good sense of the people will always be found to be the best army.They may be led astray for a moment,but will soon correct themselves" - Thomas Jefferson

I wasn't Born in the south but I got there as soon as I could.
    I like this site. MOSTLY good people. good ideas.

Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't!!
    "Either this man is dead or my watch has stopped." — Groucho Marx

"We are born naked, wet, and hungry. Then things get worse"

Boolit Master

When I hear sounds like that, it's just my bones and joints creaking as I move.

Boolit Mold
    I can't say I've seen/heard any of my passed on dogs. I do sometimes catch myself telling them good night when I come into the house for the last time in the evening. I have a habit, after their last walk, of putting them in the pen, feeding them and giving them a dog biscuit. Then, as I open the back door I turn and call out there names and tell them good night. We had the boys for 15 years. I guess it's just a habit.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by aspangler View Post
    I have lost many in my life and the only way to get on with it is to get another. I'll always miss the ones that have gone on but I'll survive because the one I have now is my "Good Girl". They are a part of us and always will be.
    I have found that to be the only way too. As hard as the loss is, you have to fill that void empty place in your life.

I always remember what Billy Graham said years ago about dogs in heaven.

Attachment 161174
    Last edited by Hickok; 02-17-2016 at 08:21 AM.
    Maker of Silver Boolits for Werewolf hunting

Boolit Master

I have had several dogs that I loved but the one that always stick in my mind was named Rastus and he died when I was about 4 years.He was a guardian and companion.Mother said two times when I was younger that he saved me from harm one was when kept me from getting snake bite and the other was when the water was high that he dog came home with me and both of us was wet he was either in the back water with me or pulled pulled me from the water I don't know which.He was always protective of me and my brother when strangers was around he always stayed between us and the strangers and let them know not to fool with us.I have never had another dog like that.I have now a Yellow BlackMouth Cur dog that is getting to be very protective of me he will let any one know that he doesn't like them being around me and other family members.
    o

Are my kids/grandkids more important than "o"'s kids, to me they are,darn tooting they are!!! They deserve the same armed protection afforded "o"'s kids.
    I have been hoodwinked but not by"o"
    In God we trust,in "o" never trust
    Support those that support the Constitution and the 2nd Amendant

Like most of you, I have had more than one faithful pet in the past. I have been the one that took them on their last car ride when their suffering was great. I miss each one but it gave me a chance to explain the designed cycle of life to the kids.
    The sooner I fall behind...the more time I have to catch up with

Love all my pets. And they love me back. Well my daughters cat is a bit prissy.