Load DataRotoMetals2Inline FabricationLee Precision
Titan ReloadingWidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders Jerky
Repackbox

Thread: Glock replacement barrels

Boolit Buddy

Glock replacement barrels

Yes, I have checked the archives on the subject and the posts are 3 to 4 years old. With that in mind, I am considering a replacement barrel for my Glock22 in a .40. I want to reload all my ammo for it and improve accuracy. For those that did change their barrels, what did you get? I am sure I will shoot some with the original barrel.

Jim

Boolit Master
    KKM. Call them on the phone tell they what size to throat it to. You can even mail them your favorite bullet loaded as a dud and they will cut the chamber to fit. For some reason its not right mail it back and they will fix it for you. I had them open up all my barrels from them. I like to shoot larger bullets.

Boolit Master
    I got both the .40 SW and 9MM Lone Wolf barrels for my G22. Both shoot to the same (factory sight) POI. IMHO 40 SW accuracy is better with the LW barrel. I do like the Lyman 401043 (170) and 401654 (150) better than the Lee offerings. Many are unhappy with the LW chamber dimension but the COAL's listed in the Layman HB 4th Ed. work fine for me.

Vendor Sponsor

Ask them for a .4025" throat with .150" to .200" worth of freebore before the lead in to the rifling begins. That is *exactly* how I throat the .40 barrels and they shoot lights out!

Size to .402" and use whatever COA you want to.
    Got a .22 .30 .32 .357 .38 .40 .41 .44 .45 .480 or .500 S&W cylinder that needs throats honed? 9mm, 10mm/40S&W, 45 ACP pistol barrel that won't "plunk" your handloads? 480 Ruger or 475 Linebaugh cylinder that needs the "step" reamed to 6° 30min chamfer? Click here to send me a PM You can also find me on Facebook Click Here.

Boolit Grand Master FergusonTO35's Avatar
    Storm Lake. They are happy to open them up for you free of charge and get it turned around quickly.
    Currently casting and loading: .32 Auto, .380 Auto, .38 Special, 9X19, .357 Magnum, .257 Roberts, 6.5 Creedmoor, .30 WCF, .308 WCF, .45-70.

Boolit Master
    I've got a KKM standard length in a GLOCK 17; a KKM with compensator in one GLOCK 34 and a standard STORM LAKE in the other. I bought a KKM for my GLOCK 41.

Boolit Master

I picked up a KKM for a G20. Looking at a second KKM for a G19.

Boolit Master
    To bad your not looking for a G30sf barrel. I have a like new kkm sitting around. Wife wanted a G30sf and changed her mind about a month later. Lucky if we have 100 shots in the KKM barrel.

Vendor Sponsor

Or you could just shoot the stock barrel and spend the money on something else.

Randy
    "It's not how well you do what you know how to do,,,It's how well you do what you DON'T know how to do!"
    www.buchananprecisionmachine.com

Boolit Master
    I shoot lots of lead bullets out of my G29. 10mm and full power loads. I hope I just didnt jynx myself but no issues yet.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Outer Rondacker View Post
    I shoot lots of lead bullets out of my G29. 10mm and full power loads.
    Agreed... Lead works in the G20 and G29 barrels... So does powder coating...

Lone wolf

Boolit Master

Out of all my Glocks/aftermarket barrels the most accurate so far has been a old gen 2 19. With the barrel it came with I shot an inch and a quarter group at 25 yards. (No, I can't do it on demand.) Next closest was a Lone Wolf at about two and an eighth. But usually the Glock barrels are more accurate than aftermarket.

Are you sure you can shoot up to your 22's barrel? If so, go for it. I would try a Bar-Sto, one that has to be fitted. Drop in won't cut it.

Cat
    Cogito, ergo armatum sum.

(I think, therefore I'm armed.)

I use a lone wolf in my Glock 22. Does very well with cast 9mm boolits.