Snyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxInline Fabrication
Lee PrecisionWidenersLoad DataRotoMetals2
Titan Reloading Reloading Everything
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Finished at last, My Classic Pro-1000

Boolit Master
    TuxAir,

If you go to the Lee Reloading FB page and under "Photo's" Tab select "Albums" you will find a file titled Dec 12, 2015 that is the pictorial instruction guide for the DCCF MKII.

Under the files tab you can also find a parts list titled DCCF MKII.
    My hero's have always been Cowboys!

Boolit Mold

Thanks 44Vaquero.

Hurry up and get it mounted so you can do an action video. Looks fantastic so far. Thanks for sharing.
    ,,, stupidity comes to some people very easily. 8/22/2017 Pat Lengyel (my wife) in a discussion about Liberals.

Boolit Bub
    Okay, I purchased everything to complete this modification. Currently I am waiting until I can anneal the 50 BMG shell holder and have it turned down to finish.

I noticed that the 50 shell holder is considerably shorter that the stock ram insert and it got me to thinking. What will stop the travel of the ram on the down stroke? Normally the sleeve that the handle is attached to hits the linkage and stops the ram but wouldn't the shell plate carrier make contact with the base of the press first now? It might not be an issue, the only thing I think could happen is the shell plate carrier would be pushed off the ram if you really got carried away.

Boolit Mold

Quote Originally Posted by flashhole View Post
    Hurry up and get it mounted so you can do an action video. Looks fantastic so far. Thanks for sharing.
    I'm in the middle of a kitchen remodel. Priorities you know. at least she's all put together. Only needs the dies adjusted. Seems to operate just fine.

Boolit Mold

Quote Originally Posted by timotab View Post
    Okay, I purchased everything to complete this modification. Currently I am waiting until I can anneal the 50 BMG shell holder and have it turned down to finish.

I noticed that the 50 shell holder is considerably shorter that the stock ram insert and it got me to thinking. What will stop the travel of the ram on the down stroke? Normally the sleeve that the handle is attached to hits the linkage and stops the ram but wouldn't the shell plate carrier make contact with the base of the press first now? It might not be an issue, the only thing I think could happen is the shell plate carrier would be pushed off the ram if you really got carried away.
    I didn't notice anything abnormal. I seem to remember it hitting stops on the linkage. I'll take note to look at it when I get a chance and post a reply either way.

Boolit Master
    Timotab,

You worry to much! The carrier stops the rams travel at the bottom of the stroke and the ram has very little leverage in this position.

Additionally the shell plate carriers priming pin contacts the base plate 1st to work the priming system.
    My hero's have always been Cowboys!

Boolit Bub
    44Vaquero,

Thanks! I do worry too much.....keeps me out of trouble sometimes

Boolit Master
    Vaquero you've outdid yourself!

take care

r1kk1