Inline FabricationRepackboxWidenersLee Precision
Titan ReloadingRotoMetals2Load DataMidSouth Shooters Supply
Snyders Jerky

Thread: A quick source for a few leftover powders... Get them before they are gone.

A quick source for a few leftover powders... Get them before they are gone.

There is a seller right now selling POWDERCOAT powders for pretty cheap.

He is on Ebay:

http://stores.ebay.com/Powder-Coatin...p2047675.l2563

He has leftover powders that I guess they do not need anymore.

The NICE thing is that they are Tiger Drylac and Prismatic powders.

I would BET on Tiger Drylac being good stuff. Every Tiger color I have purchased so far has been decent (blue, fluorescent green) and for the most part it seems to work well for DT methods. Gren maybe two coats, but I heard someone else say it was all good.

I have purchased several prismatic colors as well and those have all been decent in one way or another.

So now is your chance to get a NEON green or NEON YELLOW for about $5.00/LB.

RED for 8.88/LB. Combine the shipping on all orders, go there, put what you want in the cart and request a total from the seller. He will give you shipping prices for either 6 or less, 12 or less or something else.

I know nothing about the powder but I am betting it is decent based on my previous experience with the brand.

There is also another seller that might not be too bad either, he is:
    http://stores.ebay.com/mitpowdercoat...p2047675.l2563

Not as cheap, but if you are looking for a WHITE or basic colors you can haggle a little bit. I just got their white in but I have not used it yet. I was going to make my hollowpoints white with a red rim.

Anyways the first seller is selling powder leftover from various jobs. The second seller just seems to have a lot of neons.

Boolit Master
    I purchased a medium flat rate box last week. Good stuff. It's ridiculously cheap for decent powder.

Boolit Master
    Thanks, for the heads up on powder. I placed an order and hope the powder is still good, but at $5 a pound it's worth a try.

Boolit Master
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20160116_203829157.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	57.1 KB 
ID:	158772Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20160116_142709758.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	58.0 KB 
ID:	158773
    Here are some I did with old alox lubed bullets from the seller

Thanks again for the tip ... I bought 12 pounds from him in 4 different colours at $5 per pound. It'll be a lifetime supply for myself and a friend that also PC's! Even with the exchange these days and the large flat rate box cost it will still land at a very reasonable cost.
    (I guess I should start PC'ing some of the suspension parts for my 2 vintage Mustangs ... I'll have more than enough powder to work with!)
    Last edited by Reverend Al; 01-25-2016 at 04:34 AM.
    I may have passed my "Best Before" date, but I haven't reached my "Expiry" date!

I got mine in today. I am looking forward to making some porcelain white .45 HP with some red rims...

Boolit Master
    I ordered two $5 a pound colors; Orange & Light Blue, which came in yesterday. Attached is a photo of the Orange I tumble coated yesterday, as you can see the progression one coat, two coats, three coats. When tumbled it appeared there was adequate and even coverage, but here are the results. Maybe preheating can get it down to two coats and maybe spraying might work. The orange color is fine, but I just don't use any powder that won't single coat and I have a number of Prismatic Powders that will do that, maybe the Blue or will do better. I can always use it to spray other things like storage cans.
    Attachment 159230

Boolit Master
    OK, got around to using the Light Blue Powder today and it is as good as the orange is bad. Solid pearl blue color with metalic highlights, the photos really don't do the color justice. Got back into the packing box and found the MSDS for the blue powder and I should have guessed it is from Prismatic. The Orange is from Tiger. The blue powder made the purchase worthwhile.
    Attachment 159270Attachment 159271

Boolit Master
    Was that the international orange?

Boolit Master

Name:	IMG_20160115_204005551.jpg 
Size:	63.7 KB 
ID:	159294
    This was how one coat of orange turned out for me. Not perfect but a bit more color. These were a few years old 45 that sat in alox outside all those years

Quote Originally Posted by khmer6 View Post

Name:	IMG_20160115_204005551.jpg 
Size:	63.7 KB 
ID:	159294
    This was how one coat of orange turned out for me. Not perfect but a bit more color. These were a few years old 45 that sat in alox outside all those years
    Of topic some but what did you use to get the mule snot off the boolits?
    I've got maybe 20~25lbs of .359 157gr GC SWC's that I want to coat that has alox on them.

I also ordered from this guy only got 4lbs but should be fun.

Yellow-Green - Tiger
    Orange - Tiger
    Blue - Drylac
    Ultra Black Chrome - Prismatic

So everyone is using shake and bake correct?
    "Life isn't like a box of chocolates...It's more like
    a jar of jalapenos. What you do today, might burn
    your ass tomorrow."

Boolit Master
    My Orange was the RAL 2008 Tiger Orange & the blue was Dormant Light Blue by Prismatic, both $5 per pound. The blue is great. If my orange had turned out like the above photo I would be happy. I even tried preheating, which has always worked, but not with this powder. Another thing is my color is all over the place, even in the same batch, something I have not encountered before. I may try to spray the orange to see if it will do any better, if not I will just toss it, which would end up making blue not the greatest deal.

When I have cleaned lube off bullets in the past I just used a short soak and rinse in gasoline. Then a final rinse in acetone to remove any residual oil. I know some will frown on this but it works well and is cheap. Yes, other thinners will work but at $15-20 a gallon.

Boolit Master
    Soaked in mineral spirits cuz I had it laying around. Shake and bake with black bbs

I got mine today too, pink for the wife, blue, orange, and yellow/green. Looks like I have to fire up the pot this weekend
    "You believe these people exist to provide you with position, I believe your position exists to provide these people with FREEDOM"

FREEEEEEEEDOMM-William Wallace

Got my powder yesterday.

Name:	PCing.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	48.6 KB 
ID:	159414
    "Life isn't like a box of chocolates...It's more like
    a jar of jalapenos. What you do today, might burn
    your ass tomorrow."

Boolit Master
    Thanks for the heads up. I ordered 6 pounds. Got a few colors for the girls. Neon yellow, lolly pop berry, and pumpkin orange. Picked up clear for myself, and some chrome, and bronze for other projects. I am more of a black powder coat guy, and use that almost exclusively so I am getting out of my comfort zone again. Unfortunately, I forgot to change my address in paypal, and sent the package to my old house. Sent the seller a email, but it looks like they shipped it to the other place. Hopefully the change of address stuff I filled out at USPS will kick it over here since it was shipped flat rate box. Bonehead moment.