Lee PrecisionRotoMetals2Snyders JerkyInline Fabrication
Reloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataRepackbox
Wideners Titan Reloading

Thread: Glock 29 jamming

Boolit Bub

Glock 29 jamming

I'm shooting a kmm barrel wolf guide rod and tried both 17 and 22 lb wolf recoil spring. Works pretty well with various jacketed ammo but when I shoot the mihec wfn through it with anything from 8.0-8.5 grains longshot powder it jams. I'm seating them to 1.250". They cycle by hand smoothly and flawlessly. Here is a picture of the kind of jam. Thanks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpg   image.jpg  

Boolit Grand Master
    Since Glock magazines do not vary, the only thing you can change is OAL. The meplat is grabbing the chamber hood. At this overall length the meplat is too large. Solution if seating depth does not resolve the problem is to go to a smaller meplat bullet.

Boolit Master

Shooting single rounds out of a mag will it lock open with both recoil springs?

Alot of use on those mag springs. I didn't stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night but those are the Mihec heavies right, 200, 220? Rounds might be ghost feeding partial in under recoil then when the slide hits the rear of the cartridge at speed, it bounce of the feedway and into the hood. Check with some standard factory fodder. The OAL is good, it just might be the heavy pills you have to tune for. Hope it gives ya some ideas/avenues to explore.

Boolit Grand Master
    And I'll repeat.....overall length is the only thing that can be changed about the cartridge. We don't know that OAL is "good" (there is reason to suspect it is not if it is jamming) without changing it and seeing if that makes feeding better.

So change it and see.

Boolit Bub
    Yes I am shooting the 200 and 220 mihecs. I will try a 1.260" and see if that fixes things. What do you mean "tune" for heavy bullets? When I cycle by hand it feeds just fine every time. Defiantly has something to do with the recoil being added to the operation that's causing the jams. I'm not limp wristing, I made sure to grip it extra stiff while testing and still jammed. Thanks for all the help guys.

Boolit Grand Master
    If you've never fed this bullet profile before, best bet is it's the bullet. Feeding at high speed certainly does differ from slowish hand cycling. I would also try noticeably shorter as that's a rather wide meplat to have that far forward.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by 35remington View Post
    If you've never fed this bullet profile before, best bet is it's the bullet. Feeding at high speed certainly does differ from slowish hand cycling. I would also try noticeably shorter as that's a rather wide meplat to have that far forward.
    Ding ding. I had this issue in my 29. I switched to a different bullet profile and have not had one issue since.

Boolit Bub
    My Glock 20 also does the same thing. I know there are many people out there shooting this bullet in their glocks without any trouble. I understand every gun is different but we're talking glocks that just all snap together with interchangeable parts. How does it work in most glocks, including my 23 and 27 but not in my 20 and 29?

Banned

yup my 20 needs cast bullet seated so deep they almost look funny to run right. A lot deeper then I need to seat them in my 23.
    Quote Originally Posted by 35remington View Post
    Since Glock magazines do not vary, the only thing you can change is OAL. The meplat is grabbing the chamber hood. At this overall length the meplat is too large. Solution if seating depth does not resolve the problem is to go to a smaller meplat bullet.

Boolit Grand Master

Now I'm worried. I just received this mold and high hopes for it. Hopefully you get it worked out.

Boolit Master

This is the first I'm hearing of this as well. I received my mold yesterday and cast up 300 or so. Sure would hate to have them not work in my 40 10mm at a normal OAL

Brad