MidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2WidenersInline Fabrication
Reloading EverythingLee PrecisionLoad DataTitan Reloading
Snyders Jerky Repackbox

Thread: Pacific dl-336

Boolit Mold

Pacific dl-336

I have an opportunity to buy a hornady/pacific dl-366 12gauge reloading press. It is supposed to be in good working order but I have not seen it. I don't want to pay more than it's worth but would like to make a fair offer.

What do you all think it might be worth?

p.s.
    There is supposed to be some hulls, wads, primers, powder and some shot to go with it. I'm not sure how much.

Boolit Master
    Hi,
    Bob Dietmeyer, was the inventor of the DL (Dietmeyer Loader) brand of loaders and also the Pacific and Hornady 366.

Don't ask me how all this came about as it gives me a headache.

Harley Bair was also involved in the manufacturing!

Your Pacific 366 will not be an auto advance as that was started when Hornady took them over.

I have 2 DL-300's as they are built like tanks and were the first progressive shell loaders that B.Deitmeyer invented!

The man below is Harley Bair!

I can not find a pic of Bob!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwRDYFOVnZI
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 222.jpg   4d997ae1d7164.preview-300.jpg  
    Last edited by seagiant; 01-09-2016 at 12:44 AM.
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace.
    We ask not your counsels or arms.
    Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you.
    May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” -Samuel Adams
    Janet Reno, killed more children at Waco, with Bill Clinton's permission, than Adam Lanza killed, at Sandy Hook.

Boolit Buddy
    An advanced search on eBay will give you a good idea of what they sold for there. I think a minimum value would be around $250 for the press alone but selling prices can vary widely. The Hornady/Pacific 366 is still a relevant machine today and parts are still available from Hornady. It should be interesting if or when Hornady will put the machine back into production and what changes if any will be made to the machine.

I have a Pacific DL 266 that I have loaded a few thousand 12 and 20 gauge shotshells on. Haven't used it in years, but it is still in good shape. I value it at about $200.00, but it's not for sale.

Boolit Mold
    Hey, thanks for the input, I looked on ebay for a price and saw them listed from around $150-$600. Seemed like a big spread.

I don't really need it, I currently don't shoot shotguns very much, but when did "need" have anything to do with it?

Guess i'll try to get it then maybe I'll shoot more shotguns.

Thanks again for the input.

Vendor Sponsor

Greg: My Pacific DL366 is auto advance. It was made well before Hornady took the design over.

Randy
    "It's not how well you do what you know how to do,,,It's how well you do what you DON'T know how to do!"
    www.buchananprecisionmachine.com

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by W.R.Buchanan View Post
    Greg: My Pacific DL366 is auto advance. It was made well before Hornady took the design over.

Randy
    Hi Randy,
    Thanks, I always thought that (auto advance) was a Hornady thing?

Of course if yours is red colored but says Pacific, it was made by Hornady!

These guys affirm what you say!

My old DL-300 is manual primer feed and manual shell advance and I still love it more than a ALL Auto Hornady 366!

Go figure!

http://www.shotgunworld.com/bbs/view...p?f=13&t=45727
    Last edited by seagiant; 01-11-2016 at 12:51 AM.
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace.
    We ask not your counsels or arms.
    Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you.
    May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” -Samuel Adams
    Janet Reno, killed more children at Waco, with Bill Clinton's permission, than Adam Lanza killed, at Sandy Hook.

Boolit Grand Master

Seagiant,
    Thanks for posting the photo of Harley Bair. I have a Bair case trimmer, auto primer feed and a plastic gizmo for filling the primer tube. I thought I had a Bair press but turns out it is a Pacific . The trimmer and press are the exact same shade of blue as is the primer tube filler. Nice to put a face to the name.
    If you ever put together a book, I want one !
    Gary