WidenersSnyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline Fabrication
Titan ReloadingRotoMetals2Load DataLee Precision
Repackbox
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Powder Measures

Thanks for all the responses. Going to look into the RCBS Ltl Dandy. Anyone know if bushing #14 will really throw 7g Unique for lite 41mag and #3 is really good for 3.3 of W231 for 38Spl? Best to all for Merry Christmas.

Sam, Regardless of the brand of powder measure, cavity (Lee), or rotor (Lyman, RCBS), you're still going to have to determine what your rotor(s) throw. That means no less than 10 drops x 4 per powder and per rotor. (You then average the results, of course.) Although somewhat tedious and time consuming, it gives very consistent results.

Boolit Grand Master
    If you can find one, a AMT or Lyman Auto Scale will give you near constant loads every time.
    It's not a powder drop, and will take a little longer to load with, but it's very consistent.
    I've used all types of powders in it, even though it says to not use flake powder.
    All my powder measures, except the one on the Lee 1000, just collect dust now.

Quote Originally Posted by vzerone View Post
    The Belding & Mull will, with proper use, throw zero charges of stick powder too.
    I agree, nothing beats a B & M . The trick is as has been stated here several times is to be consistent when using it.
    "If we wern't all crazy we would be insane"
    Jimmy Buffett

Just took delivery of my new RCBS Lil Dandy from Midway (now on sale). Think I will like it. Bought 13,14, 15 &16 rotors and found 14 seems to throw the consistent 7 gr of Unique I was looking for. You do have to take a little time to throughly clean rotors and powder cavities so powder will not stick and throw irregular charges.