Load DataLee PrecisionWidenersRotoMetals2
Snyders JerkyInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan Reloading
Repackbox
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thoughts on California Shooting

Boolit Master

Thoughts on California Shooting

I did not see any news group report on this and I did know the law in California til I spent some time looking at it.
    - Unless the male killer bought the high capacity magazines before he was 13 years old, the stash of high capacity magazines the killers used were illegal. The only legal high capacity magazines in California are those owned before the year 2000. HCM can not be sold,transferred or given to anyone else but only the original owners that had them prior to 2000.
    - The two rifles were not bought by the male killer. They were bought from his neighbor. To be legal the rifles needed to be transferred through a California state firearms dealer.( not FFL) Authorities can not find the neighbor or the records where the rifles were transferred. I bet they are not legal.
    It seems mass murders do not obey gun laws. Go figure why politicians can not understand this.

Because that doesn't help their power grab agenda.

Boolit Master
    Plain facts, which are inconvenient, are ignored by the ruling class in their unending quest to protect us simpletons.

(can't find the sarcasm font)
    “You don’t practice until you get it right. You practice until you can’t get it wrong.” Jason Elam, All-Pro kicker, Denver Broncos

Boolit Master
    The forward hand grip would also be illegal. I think the guns were bought in Idaho by the friend. And when brought into the state than became illegal.
    jim

In Remembrance
    The thing that bugs me is the reluctance to call it what it is, as in islamist terrorist attack.
    The FBI is hung up on the fact that they want to know who ordered them to do this. ISIS as far as I know has standing orders out for their followers to commit acts of terror on, not just our people but those all over the free world, so why do they need for someone to have planned and ordered it.
    Another thing is they need to determine if they were trained by a larger terrorist group to pull this off, and call them what they are.
    Just how much training do they think it takes for a couple to walk into a room full of unarmed, unsuspecting, basically helpless folks and kill 14 people with ar's or for that matter little rascal 22 single shots??
    The guns and mags being illegal, just shows the ignorance of antis and Cali laws.

Boolit Buddy
    Where to find lead in California?

Should be at least a couple of pounds in Farook's hide, with 380 law enforcement rounds reported fired. But no real pictures of the running gun battle in suburban San Bernardino. Everything covered up, nothing happened, folks.

The AR-15s were also illegal in that they did not have a "bullet button" in order to change magazines. Also there was an attempt to modify them to be full auto, but they did not get that right. Those rifles violated about 4-5 CA. laws. I guess gun laws are laughed at by terrorists and criminals while honest law abiding citizens try to obey stupid laws.
    I saw several close up photos of the SUV that the two terrorists were in. It reminded me of the car Bonnie & Clyde was in when they got shot up by Frank Hamer and posse. Vehicle was riddled with bullet holes.

They had removed the bullet buttons & the magazine pins, making them "more lethal"
    According to the media.
    Both rifles where bought at a police auction 4 years ago, by a different person than those two that used them.
    That would be called a straw purchase, which is illegal under federal law.
    yet according to the media, they were purchased legally.
    They seem to have left off the point that someone else bought them.

But have no fear, your gobermint isnt trying to find the other 6 middle eastern men that were seen at the bomb making house.
    They are busy hunting down folks on the internet who are bad mouthing muslims
    I have sworn on the altar of GOD eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.
    Thomas Jefferson

" Any law that is NOT constitutional is not a law" James Madison

Boolit Master

Was these guns stolen or were they gave to the shooter?
    Are my kids/grandkids more important than "o"'s kids, to me they are,darn tooting they are!!! They deserve the same armed protection afforded "o"'s kids.
    I have been hoodwinked but not by"o"
    In God we trust,in "o" never trust
    Support those that support the Constitution and the 2nd Amendant

Boolit Master

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpeg 
Views:	45 
Size:	98.2 KB 
ID:	155097
    i think this is the ultimate counter argument to the lefts gun control argument.

Best wishes,
    Joe
    WWG1WGA

Tyrants use the force of the people to chain and subjugate-that is, enyoke the people. They then plough with them as men do with oxen yoked. Thus the spirit of liberty and innovation is reduced by bayonets, and principles are struck dumb by cannon shot: Albert Pike, Morals and Dogma

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Lead Fred View Post
    They had removed the bullet buttons & the magazine pins, making them "more lethal"
    According to the media.
    Both rifles where bought at a police auction 4 years ago, by a different person than those two that used them.
    That would be called a straw purchase, which is illegal under federal law.
    yet according to the media, they were purchased legally.
    They seem to have left off the point that someone else bought them.

But have no fear, your gobermint isnt trying to find the other 6 middle eastern men that were seen at the bomb making house.
    They are busy hunting down folks on the internet who are bad mouthing muslims
    It would be a straw purchase if the person who bought them bought them for the two without intention of owning them himself. If he bought them and then sold them at a later date to the two killers (4 years since he purchased them at the police auction) then its not considered a straw sale but a sale between two private individuals which is still considered illegal in Commiefornia. All sales have to be done through a gun dealer in that state to ensure that the purchasers can pass a BATF background check. The fellow who sold them the rifles did sell them illegally. Just not a straw purchase. Personally, I don't have a problem doing a 4473 background check on purchasers even in a private sale as it prevents felons or those with domestic assault histories from attaining firearms illegally.
    AND YES, we do need to keep up the sweep for all associates of those two murderers as they probably had accomplices who are still out there planning their next attack.
    Last edited by bruce drake; 12-08-2015 at 08:58 AM.
    I Cast my Boolits, Therefore I am Happy.
    Bona Fide member of the Jeff Brown Hunt Club

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Boerrancher View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpeg 
Views:	45 
Size:	98.2 KB 
ID:	155097
    i think this is the ultimate counter argument to the lefts gun control argument.

Best wishes,
    Joe
    Damn right Joe!
    I Cast my Boolits, Therefore I am Happy.
    Bona Fide member of the Jeff Brown Hunt Club

In Remembrance
    When did the law that long guns had to go through a check when sold in Cali go into affect. I was under the impression that it was just recently, and only hand guns were affected until a year or so ago??
    Background checks for private sales, sure hope that never comes to pass in the supposedly free world.

Boolit Master

Background checks for private sales, sure hope that never comes to pass in the supposedly free world.
    Already here in NY under the NY Safe Act!
    "Masculine republics give way to feminine democracies, and feminine democracies give way to tyrannies.” Aristotle

Boolit Bub
    Ever wonder how many times this has to happen before we go under some kind of martial law b.s. and we get to keep all these wonderful people running our goooverment, in the name of protecting us.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by fecmech View Post
    Already here in NY under the NY Safe Act!
    Wa. state as well.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by starmac View Post
    We have it halfway here. Long guns are fine to sell FTF. Handguns are supposed to be transferred through a FFL. Wether people actually do it is up to them. Can't exactly transfer it if the owner is deceased. The law makes zero sense. On the two that I sold to friends I went through a FFL. Only to remove me from ownership in case they are ever used in a crime. Unfortunately we have an illegal handgun registry here that no one wants to challenge in court.

Boolit Master

It is remarkable that the President did not offer condolences to the families of the victims before going into his gun control speech.
    Go now and pour yourself a hot one...

Boolit Master
    California's long gun registry went into effect in Feb 2014 I believe. Prior to that all long gun transfers had to go through a FFL. The state DOJ just didn't keep a make model and serial number list of the guns transferred until 2014. Guns bought 4 years ago could have been legally transferred. DOJ woud just(maybe) have a record that some at a given address had purchased a long gun. If they moved they did not have to notify DOJ of their new address. Thus our AG says we do not register guns.

Grouchy Old Curmudgeon

And the press said they were "modified to make them more powerful".....converted to 600 nitro???????????