Snyders JerkyReloading EverythingRotoMetals2Repackbox
Titan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataLee Precision
Wideners Inline Fabrication
Page 80 of 609 FirstFirst ... 30707172737475767778798081828384858687888990130180580 ... LastLast
Results 1,581 to 1,600 of 12168

Thread: What did you do in the reloading room today?

Boolit Grand Master bedbugbilly's Avatar
    Loaded up a couple hundred 358-432 160 gr. WC in 38 Spl. over 3.5 gr. of Bulls Eye. I seat these out further and crimp in a lube groove. These have proven to be quite accurate out of my S & W Combat Masterpiece. Still experimenting though. Have about one more day to shoot and then will stop - deer season starts here on Sunday and I don't like to shoot on my range on the farm during deer season - too many hunters out on adjoining property. And, it's been very windy and COLD here today!

bangerjim wrote about sprues: " I use a hand garden trowel to slide them back in with my hand safely back from the pot."

I like this idea, another gardening tool that my wife won't know what happened to it.
    And to keep with the theme of the post, I worked on cleaning around my reloading bench-I'm beginning to think I might be a little messy.

Boolit Grand Master
    out of here, wandering somewhere in the SW.
    Picked up several pounds of H110 over the weekend, so I loaded up some test loads (24) of 44MAG's for my 7½" RedHawk. Never fired full house 44 rounds B4....only lighter ones more like 44SPL's. 240 SWC PC + Cu GC with 24gn H100, by the books. Also did 12ea) of 21.5gn, although the books and this forum say do not go more than 0.3% below....no problems at all. Just less kick and no noticeable loss of accuracy.

Went to the range this afternoon.

WOW........that was fun. A lotta kick.....but fun! Need to stuff some more now!

The 357MAG's in the S&W were light weights compared to the 44's! The guys down the lanes had to ask what that loud bang was from. They were shooting 22LR's and 9mm!

Fun!

banger

Boolit Bub
    Sorted most of the way through my first 100 lbs of wheel weights. I'd guess scrap yard has another 400 lbs evenly split between ww and pure lead.

Here's some of my PC Lee TL401-175 . Loaded into 38-40 cases for my 1892 Winchester. Hope to get to the Range next week and punch some holes so I can tune these loads.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	8.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	56.0 KB 
ID:	153226 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6a.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	83.0 KB 
ID:	153227
    The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.
    Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Petro58 View Post
    Here's some of my PC Lee TL401-175 . Loaded into 38-40 cases for my 1892 Winchester. Hope to get to the Range next week and punch some holes so I can tune these loads.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	8.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	56.0 KB 
ID:	153226 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6a.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	83.0 KB 
ID:	153227
    Beeeeyoutiful rifle!! (And SA)
    For by grace are you saved through faith, and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God. Not of works, lest any man should boast. Eph. 2:8,9

Boolit Master
    Nothing in the reloading room but i did find almost 100 cases for 223 at our club today.
    I'm a Red Cross blood donor- are you? Make an appointment to donate today http://www.redcrossblood.org/make-donation
    http://www.redcrossblood.org/

FOR Disaster Relief DONATIONS-
    http://http://www.redcross.org/charitable-donations

Boolit Master
    I have been preparing several thousand 223 cases for use. decrimping primer pockets, polishing, and full length sizing. Bought an AR-15 lower last week and gonna find an upper soon, hence gonna need something to shoot from it. To start with I will be using some H322 because I have a lot of it, well relatively speaking, 2 pounds is a lot for me. . Was thinking about some H4831, I have even more of that, but have only found 1 source for load data, not from a manual, would like to find more, seems like it is more usefull in the larger cases.
    Paul G.
    Once I was young, now I am old and in between went by way to fast.

The end move in politics is always to pick up a gun.
    -- R. Buckminster Fuller

I cast up 512 rounds of Lyman 358495 full wadcutters using my 4 cavity mold and Lee 20lb pot in exactly 1 hour. No rejects at all during the run(preheated mold). May be the best afternoon casting I ever had.
    Loaded up 200 rnds of 38 special with 158 SWC and 3.5 Bullseye. Always good to have a few boxes of these on hand.

Found several 100 38 Special brass in a box, so Im sized them up, the last are in the tumbler.
    Hopefully will finish up by next week, and get back to fun stuff like 45/70 loadin
    I have sworn on the altar of GOD eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.
    Thomas Jefferson

" Any law that is NOT constitutional is not a law" James Madison

Boolit Master

Cast about 450 Lee 365-95-1R for the P-64 and broke in a new 6 cavity Lee 358-105-SWC, casting about 450 of those. Then loaded 20 38 special rounds

Boolit Master
    Welll, I have a couple of Savage/Springfield shotguns on the bench I'm thinking of tossing in the dumpster. I'm gonna look in a few more places first, but they sure are frustrating.

Casted up some 32-40 bullets. With a single cavity mould, this is slow going.

Loaded up some 357 magnum bullets for the pistol caliber cowboy match this morning. I like 231, such a versatile powder, and only 1100 fps. Just dandy. The cases hardly expand at all, and slide noticeably easier through the carbide sizing die.
    Hate is a poison which one consumes expecting another to die.

Quote Originally Posted by scottfire1957 View Post
    Welll, I have a couple of Savage/Springfield shotguns on the bench I'm thinking of tossing in the dumpster. I'm gonna look in a few more places first, but they sure are frustrating.
    Toss in the dumpster?? What's wrong with them?
    For by grace are you saved through faith, and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God. Not of works, lest any man should boast. Eph. 2:8,9

Quote Originally Posted by 1989toddm View Post
    I had wondered the same thing. But then Frustration will sometimes make you do funny things. My Dad has a Kimber Solo that I personally would like to take and use for a Target. Then melt it down and bury it deep. It's a total piece of JUNK. We've taken it to 2 supposed different Smith's look at, it's been back to Kimber at least once, and it still jams or fails to fire. Good primer strikes, but FtF. I don't care about the Premium ammuniton Myth. If I was dumb enough to carry it and had to use it, I'd have a better chance dropping the mag and throwing the Bullets at the Perp, then I would pulling the trigger and relying on it to Fire. Now if you SOAK IT with WD40 it'll MAYBE (and I say MAYBE) fire a Mag or 2 with No Jams or FtF. Chamber been Polished, the feed ramp Polished, Firing pin and guide slot Polished, everything slick as Hot Goose Grease sliding a Turd out an Owl's Butt. Last I talked to Dad we intend to Send it back to Kimber along with a Picture of a HIGH POINT that really works, and tell them to Stick it, "Please Destroy" because we don't want it Back. Maybe we need to Trade it for 2 Savage/Springfield Shotguns that someone else is having Problems with. Sorry for the "Frustration", Rant Over!

Side Note: the only thing we haven't done is try Only 147grain ammo. We've used at least 7 different Brands of Factory 124gr, FMJ, and HP and NOTHING worked everytime. Premium Ammo Myth.
    Last edited by Petro58; 11-15-2015 at 12:17 PM.
    The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.
    Thomas Jefferson

Pietro, I can testify that frustration makes you do some otherwise crazy things. But shoot I'll take a chance on it! Lol

Boolit Master

Actually, I didn't cast any boolits or make any shot.....BUT I did finish putting into ingots 440 lbs of sheet lead and got started on smelting around another 125 lbs of sorted WWs. These should go nicely with the 75 lbs of tin that I have squirrelled away. Hmmmmm, I hope that will last me til spring...

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by 1989toddm View Post

Easy enough to get apart, but when you pull the trigger group from the receiver, springs fall out. I'm looking for diagrams to reinstall the springs.

They are cheap shotguns and never very popular, with many series variations.

IF I can get them together, I'm gonna sell 'em cheap. Caveats will be given about disassembly.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by dragonrider View Post
    I have been preparing several thousand 223 cases for use. decrimping primer pockets, polishing, and full length sizing. Bought an AR-15 lower last week and gonna find an upper soon, hence gonna need something to shoot from it. To start with I will be using some H322 because I have a lot of it, well relatively speaking, 2 pounds is a lot for me. . Was thinking about some H4831, I have even more of that, but have only found 1 source for load data, not from a manual, would like to find more, seems like it is more usefull in the larger cases.
    H-4831 is no good for 223. way too slow.

Quote Originally Posted by scottfire1957 View Post
    Easy enough to get apart, but when you pull the trigger group from the receiver, springs fall out. I'm looking for diagrams to reinstall the springs.

They are cheap shotguns and never very popular, with many series variations.

IF I can get them together, I'm gonna sell 'em cheap. Caveats will be given about disassembly.
    I do see your frustration. Oh well such is life! Without these things there would be no challenge!