RotoMetals2Lee PrecisionRepackboxMidSouth Shooters Supply
Snyders JerkyWidenersInline FabricationTitan Reloading
Load Data
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How Do you Take off Rubber Boots.

Boolit Master

How Do you Take off Rubber Boots.

I have a love/hate relationship with rubber boots for hunting. My question is HOW DO YOU GET THEM OFF?

I just got back from a moose hunt in Ontario and it was a real headache getting out of my Irish Setter rubber boots at the end of each day. I have been wearing some $15 dollar specials I got at Tractor Supply about 8 years ago but they dont give me the support I need.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I didn't get my moose but my brother did. Not much of a rack but the meat is absolutely delicious.

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    Try talcum powder inside the boots before you put them on.
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

Boolit Buddy

Boot jack!!! how the world has changed. first project in shop class, everyone made a boot jack. Do they even have shop class anymore? New rubber boots are junk, made for yuppies walking to their mail box and kicking off. The old true ankle fit La Crosse Burly's were great hunting boots, stayed one your feet, now your foot slips in them all day and makes blisters but the yuppies don't need a jack to get 'em off...

I have the same boots. They are a pain to put on and take off. But the reward is comfort and fit. I just sit down and go to work. Try rolling them down from the top. If they are the same as mine they have a neoprene upper.

Vendor Sponsor

I use a boot wench.. They are prettier
    [SIZE=4][B]Selling Hi Quality Powdercoating Powder

I carry a Nuke50 because cleaning up the mess is Silly !!

http://www.bing.com/search?q=nuke50&...7ADE&FORM=QBLH

I am not crazy my mom had me tested

Theres a fine line between genius and crazy .. I'm that line
    and depending on the day I might just step over that line !!!

Boolit Master
    Talcum is good. I've also seen people put plastic bags over their socks. Makes them slide in and out of the boot nice and slick, they say.
    Warning: I know Judo. If you force me to prove it I'll shoot you.

... sorry can not help it --- one boot at a time!!

Boolit Mold
    Quote Originally Posted by JSnover View Post
    Talcum is good. I've also seen people put plastic bags over their socks. Makes them slide in and out of the boot nice and slick, they say.
    The plastic bag trick works but the bag keeps in the sweat from your feet. Good for short periods but not a day of hunting or ice fishing

Boolit Master

I get boots that are a bit bigger than I need, then I wear a slick sock under my winter socks. Used that trick when we had to do our 12 and 25 mile road marches, the slick sock helps protect your foot and lets it slide out of your boot easily when done.
    "Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it."
    ~Pericles~

Boolit Master
    Get a Plank of Wood cut a Vee at one end,Nail a piece of square wood across 6" from the Vee,step on the long end and place the Boot to be removed in the Vee and Pull the Wellington off Repeat for the other foot.Very often you will find there is a welt on the Heel ideal for hooking the Vee.

Boolit Master
    get someone to stand in front of you facing away from you ,put your foot between their legs and get them to hold heel, put your other foot against their **** and push them away .just be sitting down at the time.simples

Boolit Master
    I was thinking about thinner socks and a large tub of wet swamp muck. Seemed to work on my hunt. There is enough welt on the boot to engage a boot jack too.

Boolit Master

Like vopie I'm still using the boot jack pattern that I originally built back in shop sometime in the late seventies. They work slick. I've got one at home and camp.
    jeepyj
    Sometimes it takes a second box of boolits to clear my head.
    Feed back thread http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...?261449-jeepyj

Boolit Master

1720 miles East of Wall Drug, North of Cooperstown, NY
    Vopie is right on. For some of us, they are an everyday part of our life. There is a lot voids in today's education system.

I find it hard to imagine a Moose hunting camp without a Boot Jack by every door.

Do a search of Boot Jack on the thing called the internet and make a few for yourself. I think your problems with boot removal will be jacks away.

Ken
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Je suis Charlie
    Remember Lavoy!
    I'll cling to my God and my guns, and you can keep the "Change".

Boolit Master

It only takes a few minutes to make a boot jack out of some scrap lumber. I use mine almost everyday.
    Chuck

Boolit Man
    Use an old pair of your wife's knee highs over socks.

tt

Boolit Grand Master

Like others have said, a boot jack is the answer to your problem. Lacking a boot jack, I catch the heel against the top step and do about the same thing as the jack does.

Boolit Buddy
    Wax paper over socks keeps feet dry and foot slips right out

I had to google those boots because I have never heard getting rubber boots off being such a problem. First thing that comes to mind is that you are using too small size.

Boolit Master

Those must be some world class rubber boots. I didn't know you could pay that much for rubber boots. I used a boot jack to get mine off. Bought the boots at Tractor Supply and wore them for at least half the day mucking out stables.
    Disclaimer: Reloading and casting I only look at cents/round and ignore any other costs