Inline FabricationLee PrecisionRotoMetals2Snyders Jerky
Titan ReloadingLoad DataRepackboxMidSouth Shooters Supply
Wideners

Thread: Lube for the 45

Boolit Mold

Lube for the 45

What would be a good lube to get to use with the lyman 45 sizer. I will be starting to cast for the 357 max first, but will also be casting for the 30-30, 308, and 35 Rem.

Banned

do you have a heater?
    warning there will be about 14000 opinions coming up alert.....alert...

Smile

Jake's is the best lube you will find with the best customer service and fastest delivery. He's a small businessman doing business on eBay. Of course, I have no financial interest, just a satisfied customer. BTW, it's not my opinion, just the dope.
    Americans have the right and advantage of being armed, unlike the people of other countries, whose leaders are afraid to trust them with arms." (Federalist Paper #46) - James Madison

Heard on the street about our current POTUS: he is inebriated by the eloquence of his own verbosity...

More importantly, what do you want on yer boolits? As for the 14,000 opinions, here's mine. I dilute Lar's C-Red with Bullplate lube 6 to 1 by weight (so it doesn't need heat in my lubrisizer). I'll have to investigate Jake's. Felix's FWFL you can make yourself, and it's as good as any lube. At least that's the opinion on this board generally.
    We need somebody/something to keep the government (cops and bureaucrats too) HONEST (by non government oversight).

Every "freedom" (latitude) given to government is a loophole in the rule of law. Every loophole in the rule of law is another hole in our freedom. When they even obey the law that is. Too often government seems to feel itself above the law.

We forgot to take out the trash in 2012, but 2016 was a charm! YESSS!

lube

I used red rooster for a while, zambini,red needs heat. In my 38 spl. I had bad leading with hard cast. Mild leading in my Kimber 45. I tried lars carnuba red and did away with the leading in both. the lars lube needs a litle to get to flow. Bill

lube

I forgot to mention that lars is a member here and there is a link at the bottom of the page. and he sells on ebay, white label lube. Bill

Moderator Emeritus
    Lars White Label lube, he's one of us and has excellent products at unbeatable prices.

His 50/50, 2500 and BAC lubes all don't need heat.

BAC has Carnauba wax in it if that's important to you.

Link here: http://www.lsstuff.com/lube/index.html

For fine firearms and shooting requisites visit my Web Site by clicking the link below:

Pukka Bundhooks

Boolit Master

See Lars

I've been using LARS' 50/50 with an assortment of boolits. I've had a little bit of leading with the full wadcutter 44, so will try his B-A-C for them or possibly the carnuba red on the next batch...but it might be my BH 9 or 10 alloy. I've gotten good accuracy...up to the level of the untuned stock VAQUEROS/BISLEY VAQUEROS. My SUPER BLACKHAWKS and BISLEYS will do 1.5 inches or better at 25 yards...which is about as good as I can do with iron sights.

Way back when, GAR in Patterson NJ made some good 50/50 lube and inexpensive, but they are long gone. There are other good suppliers out there, but LARS is my choice. Good people, good product, good service.

Boolit Grand Master

Speed Green from Bullshop. Search for a stickie - click on the name at the bottom of the page.
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

Banned

i have been using jakes and magmas lately but i think lars is near me and
    i will be trying some of his.