Snyders JerkyInline FabricationRotoMetals2Repackbox
WidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingLee Precision
Load Data

Thread: Black Ops bb revolver = cheap accurate fun.

Black Ops bb revolver = cheap accurate fun.

Walmart close out for $40.loads like a real revolver.very good trigger and sights.here it is rested st 7 yards. Remember this is a smooth bore c02 bb gun.

I flipped the target to the bwck so the groups were more visible.

Attachment 147144
    Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelt of elderberries

How many shots out of a single co2?

About 60 i think I'll try to keep track next time.

Boolit Master

Harry, Tom Gaylord recently wrote an article about shooting pellets in smoothbore BB guns. His platform was a Colt single action clone. You might find it interesting. .pyramydair.com/blog/2015/07/colt-single-action-army-bb-gun-part-4/
    Proud member in the basket of deplorables.

I've got the itch, but don't got the scratch.

What are the cost of CO2 cartridges?? is there any place where you can get deals on multiple purchases

Hey Ray in NH

the link you post gets redirected to CasoBoolits main page
    I have to wonder if the bosses think that it's advertising so they re-direct

Boolit Master

Try this Tom, http://www.pyramydair.com/blog/2015/...bb-gun-part-4/
    Forgot the ol' www.
    Proud member in the basket of deplorables.

I've got the itch, but don't got the scratch.

Boolit Grand Master
    out of here, wandering somewhere in the SW.
    WalMart is the cheapest place I have found for the BIG box of them. I think there is 40 in the box.

Problem with the several CO2 guns I have is they cannot hold a charged cart for very long. Every time I go to grab one the cart is dead! And by the time you fiddle around loading another one, the "thing" you wanted to plink at is loooooooong gone. You just cannot beat single shot break barrel spring/piston guns for BB's and pellets.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by bangerjim View Post
    Problem with the several CO2 guns I have is they cannot hold a charged cart for very long. Every time I go to grab one the cart is dead! And by the time you fiddle around loading another one, the "thing" you wanted to plink at is loooooooong gone. You just cannot beat single shot break barrel spring/piston guns for BB's and pellets.
    To get around the slow seepage of CO2 problem just leave a fresh cylinder in place but not screwed to pierce the cap in until you need it.
    If you are figuring on shooting rats or other pests its best to have a fresh cylinder at the ready for maximum velocity.

To repair a slow leak at the cylinder seal washer I cut a gasket from some very very thin black rubber strips I had laying around. I used a .303 case mouth as a tube cutter and let the piercing pin cut its own hole on first use. These home made gaskets need to be replaced now and then but last for many uses.
    Regular rubber band or balloon rubber won't work, its too porous for CO2 under pressure. If nothin else is handy try a piece of bicycle inner tube rubber.
    Main thing is that the gasket material be thin enough that the piercing needle can reach deep enough to do its work.
    My CO2 guns hold gas for months without leakage.

Boolit Master
    If you are figuring on shooting rats or other pests its best to have a fresh cylinder at the ready for maximum velocity.
    Hmmm... and be ready to plink for 20 minutes after killing the rat? More like leave the fresh cylinder in there for when you want to plink, and pick up the pumper for the rat.

My CO2 guns hold gas for months without leakage.
    Some are good this way, some aren't so good. CO2 diffuses into the rubber over time and messes up the elasticity/seal. If you leave the cart in there all the time, make sure you don't change brands of CO2. Consider yourself lucky that your gun holds that well. If you change brands the cart can have a slightly different shape on the tip, and your gun might not hold a charge, anymore. At least without a long rest or a seal change.

Not completely relevant, but pretty cool.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=70znrkiHfpA
    Last edited by gloob; 08-29-2015 at 06:09 PM.

Boolit Grand Master
    out of here, wandering somewhere in the SW.
    I have 5 different CO2 guns and all of them leak internally.....very slooooooooly....even though I use the proper air gun oil and keep the dirt out. Just the way they are built, I guess. And they ARE not cheap guns!

I have gone to single shot piston/spring break barrels. CO2's are OK if you go out to target plink for 40-60 shots. Not what I want.

Same with the several hi-power EXPENSIVE ASBB semi's I have that run on propane/green gas. Easy to refill but all gas leaks out internally, and not around magazine seal.

Having a CO2 gun that will hold a charge for months is VERY unusual and VERY lucky. Congrats!

banger

Boolit Man
    Just bought the Gamo revolver..very similar to the crosman in style but is all metal and shoots pellets instead of bb's. I wasn't real impressed..accuracy with its favorite pellet was so-so at 10 yards and power starts about 400fps with a 7.9gr. pellet and drops with each shot, rapid fire is about 275fps. Bored me so quick i couldn't finish the cartridge.. no idea if its holding pressure or not and will be trading it off very soon, should have bought the crosman at less than half the price.

Boolit Master
    Low velocity .177 air or gas guns often give better accuracy with BB's than with pellets. If velocity is around 600 FPS or slightly less then pellets perform very nicely. The heavier .22 pellets seem to give decent accuracy at 400 FPS or slightly less.

My Gamo P-23 pistol may have higher velocity than advertised. When single loaded with lead pellets it sometimes blows the skirt right off the pellet at the muzzle. Accuracy with the pellets I've been using is poor. Perhaps a tougher alloy pellet would work better.

My S&W 78g has an unusual cylinder chamber and the seal is an O-ring on the threaded plug. The original O-ring was long gone when I got it . I restored it after a friend found it buried in mud on a lake bottom.
    When using plumbing type O-rings I have to let remaining gas out and let the pistol sit for a half hour or so before opening the chamber. If I open immediately after releasing remaining gas, bubbles form on the O-ring rubber then burst destroying the ring.

The thin gaskets I use on my more conventional CO2 guns make up for any variation in the cap of different brands. Without these home made gaskets My guns would leak as easily as any others.

I put a reflex sight on it tonight. Wow what a blast to shoot.and CHEAP!

I've burned through too much powder recently and need to slow down and get back to my airguns.

Quote Originally Posted by Multigunner View Post
    Low velocity .177 air or gas guns often give better accuracy with BB's than with pellets. If velocity is around 600 FPS or slightly less then pellets perform very nicely. The heavier .22 pellets seem to give decent accuracy at 400 FPS or slightly less.

My Gamo P-23 pistol may have higher velocity than advertised. When single loaded with lead pellets it sometimes blows the skirt right off the pellet at the muzzle. Accuracy with the pellets I've been using is poor. Perhaps a tougher alloy pellet would work better.

My S&W 78g has an unusual cylinder chamber and the seal is an O-ring on the threaded plug. The original O-ring was long gone when I got it . I restored it after a friend found it buried in mud on a lake bottom.
    When using plumbing type O-rings I have to let remaining gas out and let the pistol sit for a half hour or so before opening the chamber. If I open immediately after releasing remaining gas, bubbles form on the O-ring rubber then burst destroying the ring.

The thin gaskets I use on my more conventional CO2 guns make up for any variation in the cap of different brands. Without these home made gaskets My guns would leak as easily as any others.
    My Daisy 853 Avanti is only going about 450 feet per second but will shoot under an inch at 25 yards with iron sights. The old classic Walther and FWB Olympic grade match rifles shot in a similar velocity range and are one hole at 10 meters.the later ones were in the 600 range.your right about the 22 power.I had a heck of a time with one until I used rws basics and got to 400 fos.
    Last edited by HARRYMPOPE; 09-09-2015 at 12:14 AM.

Boolit Master
    My Daisy 853 Avanti is only going about 450 feet per second but will shoot under an inch at 25 yards with iron sights
    A lot of difference in performance characteristics between high end target rifles and low end hand guns.

I didn't realize you were just talking air pistols.I was amazed the little Daisy could still group out to 25 at that low speed.my Diana 75 and 100 only did a little better as I remember.

Boolit Master
    At 25 yards my Daisy 880 will group BBs very nearly as tightly as pellets and dime sized groups with pellets are the norm.
    Multi Pump air guns allow one to suit the velocity to the projectile for optimum performance.

I took my old 78g out recently and it shot very well but for no apparent reason the exhaust valve seal suddenly disintegrated.
    The valve was a NOS replacement I ordered from Numrich gun parts many years ago and had seen many thousands of rounds fired since then.

Luckily a airgun smith who makes upgraded valves for high end rifles has manufactured a few replacement valves of his own design for the 78g. I'll order one of these soon. His site has a video tutorial on how to refurbish this sort of valve. I may give that a try as well.

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance gpidaho's Avatar
    I just picked up a Crosman Vigilante CO2 revolver at Walmart. It looks the same as the OPs gun. This handgun has a rifled steel barrel and comes with 1 6rd BB clip (their wording not mine) and four 10rd pellet clips. (.177) It shoots 50+ good shots on ! CO2 cartridge and a few more weak ones. Claims 465fps. Fun back yard gun and cat scrammer. Gp