Snyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Wideners
Load DataInline FabricationRepackboxLee Precision
Titan Reloading
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: McClintock!

You Sir, need a hobby. My wife starts to smoke when I pick nits, she'd explode if I showed her your post

Quote Originally Posted by smokeywolf View Post
    In spite of continuity problems, it's still one of my favorite John Wayne movies.

About 6 or 8 minutes into the movie, the Duke is talking to a fellow rancher about Texas eventually becoming a State (which happened in 1845).

Not much further into the movie, Chill Wills is talking about trying to shoot one of the Indians with his "Sharps 50 caliber" during "that trouble back in the '40s".

In the scene where Stefanie Powers comes home from college, Jerry Van Dyke, who comes home on the same train as Stefanie Powers, speaks to Maureen O'Hara and mentions that he was valedictorian, class of '95

When Stefanie Powers joins the Duke while he's out hunting, he tells her that when she was a baby (she's now about 22) her mother (Maureen O'Hara) stayed home with her in a sod hut under 8 feet of snow (8 feet of snow on the Texas plains?) while he moved a herd of cattle 300 miles. Earlier in the movie he states that the Chinese cook has been working for him for 30 years.

In the scene where Stefanie Powers demands that "Father" (Wayne) shoot Devlin Warren (Patrick Wayne) for "impugning" her honor and Wayne shoots Devlin (Patrick Wayne) with a starter pistol, it first shows a smallish powder burn about 5 inches up from Patrick Wayne's belt buckle. Next shot of Patrick Wayne, he's sitting on the floor with a much larger powder burn slightly right of center chest.

Never could stand Stefanie Powers

Black Powder 100%

Livingston, La. 20 miles east of Baton Rouge, La.
    I have two copies of that movie as I do of several of "The Duke" movies. I was watching an interview with Maureen O'Hara and she said that they had to stop filming on that movie as John Wayne broke a couple of her ribs when they were filming the chase scene through town and when he picked her up, he squeezed her too hard and broke the ribs. They made many good movies together. Later David
    Shooter of the "HOLY BLACK" SASS 81802 AKA FAIRSHAKE; NRA ; BOLD; WARTHOG;Deadwood Marshal;Bayou Bounty Hunter; So That his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat; 44 WCF filled to the top, 210 gr. bullet

Didn't know that fact! Thanks for sharing David.

"Everyone has a plan, until they get punched in the face!" - Mike Tyson

"Don't let my fears become yours." - Me, talking to my children

That look on your face, when you shift into 6th gear, but it's not there.