Snyders JerkyTitan ReloadingWidenersRepackbox
Inline FabricationRotoMetals2Lee PrecisionLoad Data
MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: A new reason to burn up 22 ammo...100 yard pistol

Boolit Master

A new reason to burn up 22 ammo...100 yard pistol

I finally got my 22/45 Target dialed in with a Sightmark Mini Shot on top and and was getting excellent groups from a rest at 25 yards, so I tried it at 50 yards. Spot on, 10 shots within a 2" group or so. I have no idea what possessed me to do so, but we were at the rifle range and there were steels at 100 yards. Even with a 10-20 mph crosswind, that little bugger was ringing the torso and 8" steels every single time. The 4" took a little doing and you could see from the impact on the berm when the wind would grab one, but we had hits 50% or more. Between that and the ultimate clip loader my wife got me for my birthday, far more 22 ammo was burned than I had planned on. But man, that makes you grin when 10 rounds hit steel at 100 yards with a pistol.

Boolit Master
    I have a Ruger MKI T with a Busnell Phantom 2.5x that I have shot at 100yds. I rarely hunt with a 22 rifle anymore as this gun will group 2'' or less at 50yds. The Ruger MK series 22s are more accurate than most folks can shoot by a fair margin. With a good rest and ammo the gun likes, empty shotgun shells are in serious trouble at 50yds.

I havn't shot .22 rifle silhouette at all this year but I showed up at the last match with a pistol as is tradition and we shot pistol silhouette. I only got 14/40 but it was shooting a TOZ-35 target pistol I had a very rough zero on. I have several ruger MKII's I probably should have used instead as I know where they hit but its just too much fun to knock steel down at 100 yards.

In the fall out at that range we shoot a 200 yard mini palma match with .22's VERY good practice for calling wind.
    My firearms project blog

Boolit Buddy
    A very long time ago I met a retired gentle man with a Kimber .22 rifle. He was shooting at 100 yards and was competing with himself right hand vs left hand. Both hands were doing fine.

Boolit Buddy
    I rang mine out yesterday took a bit of practice with the open sights getting my holdover. It was easier with the 22/45 than the Glock 17 though which surprised me.

Boolit Grand Master
    Considering that a 22/45 is about 4 or 5 times as accurate as a Glock 17 that's not very surprising.

Boolit Buddy
    The glock is super accurate in close but I'm just shooting up some loads that don't make minor power factor so they're slow.