Titan ReloadingLee PrecisionRotoMetals2Load Data
WidenersReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders Jerky
Repackbox Inline Fabrication
Page 45 of 609 FirstFirst ... 35363738394041424344454647484950515253545595145545 ... LastLast

Thread: What did you do in the reloading room today?

I spent just under 3 hour in front of my Lee 4-20 running my NOE 358-135-fn. I ended up with slightly over 2200 good boolits. Now I have to size and lube them all. These should last me a few weeks.

Boolit Buddy
    Started to load some 45 acp. Did a couple and then the primer feed wouldn't do all the way, so I tore it apart and realigned the machine and now it seems ready to go. I hope so. Will find out tomorrow.

Boolit Master
    Picked up 1lb can of CFE223 today and more primers. I only get to this shop a couple of times a year and knew they would have powder. Now to work up a load for my AR 1:9 twist using my BOOLITS 61-62gr
    I'm a Red Cross blood donor- are you? Make an appointment to donate today http://www.redcrossblood.org/make-donation
    http://www.redcrossblood.org/

FOR Disaster Relief DONATIONS-
    http://http://www.redcross.org/charitable-donations

Boolit Grand Master

Didn't even open the door, have some rifle ammo to load and moulds to break in but today the best I can do is research and planning.
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    Smokeless powder is a passing fad! -Steve Garbe
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.

Boolit Grand Master

OK, ya'll shamed me into it. I went in there to retrieve the vacuum cleaner and stayed long enough to clean it up a bit. You'll never believe (OK, a couple of you would ) what I found in there, lol. I even ran the vacuum in there when I was done. Bad idea, I know. Buddy called while I was in there and I measured a few cases and boolits for him while I was there. I know, I generally don't allow a phone in my loading room but there was no actual loading going on. Talked him into a set of extra set of dies I had lying around and a few 38-55 cases to tide him over until he gets some in. Think I'll throw in a few sample boolits for good measure, lol.
    May even scrub and heat cycle a few new NOE moulds that are patiently waiting for their inaugural casting session.
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    Smokeless powder is a passing fad! -Steve Garbe
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.

Loaded up another batch. Ready for my day at the range on Tuesday

Banned

mystery boxes

Sorted boolits.

Had a order come in and I pulled a few boolits to sell to a local guy a few weeks ago and noticed they didn't appear to be RNFP vs a SWC. I'll break down and sell smaller lots.It was bothering me so I start looking and opened the other manufactures boxes and notice some are not as labeled ..IMO
    I sent the manufacture a note asking if the boolit pictured is a 9mm or a 38? Mic'd a littler different too. I then mentioned it was a good thing I didn't ship as labeled.

What happens, I get a note stating they will not do business with me any longer since I'm selling in less amounts than the box they came in. Even thought the manufactures name is clearly printed on & in my adds.

He still never told me if the boolits are 38 SWC or 9mm TC. I have 4 or 5 boxes here that IMO are not as they are labeled.

Try to help a customer's out one of many who don't want or can't afford 500 boolits.
    Now here I am going through 14 boxes to make sure they are as labeled.

I sure don't go out of my way like I did with these to label a 6,000 round Hornady box that is sold off in lots of a 100 or more with the manufactures logo and phone number.

Waste my fracken time again.
    44 RNFP? Ain't no round on these
    Attachment 139201
    Last edited by Black Powder Bill; 05-11-2015 at 02:32 PM.

Boolit Grand Master
    This week the Spring Nationals of the North-South Skirmish Associations begin (Wednesday-Sunday.) I spent significant portions of Friday, Saturday and Sunday casting Minie Balls and bullets for my Maynard Carbine, then lubing, sizing, and loading them. I had already done revolver rounds a while back so now I'm ready for individual and team matches for all three of my guns. Satisfaction!

Froggie
    "It aint easy being green!"

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Powder Bill View Post
    44 RNFP? Ain't no round on these
    They appear TC but looking closer, they do seem to have the slightest curve to them.. Last night I was designing a RNFP that was so close to being a TC I really had to wonder if it was worth it. The large meplat is to blame. Those actually look like SWC, after a bit of considering.

Banned

my eyes

Quote Originally Posted by Deadpool View Post
    They appear TC but looking closer, they do seem to have the slightest curve to them.. Last night I was designing a RNFP that was so close to being a TC I really had to wonder if it was worth it. The large meplat is to blame. Those actually look like SWC, after a bit of considering.

My pic stinks! No round ~ all tapered to the FP top. I have 2 boxes of 44 one marked RNFP the other TC which is what I ordered. BUT with my eyes they both look TC. No ring for the SWC
    The 148gr 38 SWC I have looks like a 9mm TC. I'd cast these small lots for guys but it kills my hands, arthritis and all that old fart stuff. It just sux as I found a manufacture that actually had all I needed in stock at a fair price and now he's gone.
    I pulled this pic off the net.
    This IMO is a RNFPAttachment 139213

so goes the war

I am getting ready to move to another house. In preparation for that, I spent 5 hours this morning in front of my Lee 4-20 lead pot casting with My Lee 358-158-rf 6 cavity mold. I now have a 50cal ammo can mostly full with 3500+ boolits.
    Attachment 139214
    Dang that can is heavy!

Boolit Master
    Got three boxes of Sierra 150 grain .311 spitzer condom bullets from Midway, they were on sale, and loaded up a bunch of 7.62x54r and 7.7 Jap rounds. Used up the last of my IMR 4895 powder and opened up some H414 and IMR4350.
    Updated my load data book, haven't kept it current so spent some time going through ammo cans and transfering the info over. Need to get to the range, suffering from overstuffed ammo cans and running out of brass.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by tazman View Post
    I am getting ready to move to another house. In preparation for that, I spent 5 hours this morning in front of my Lee 4-20 lead pot casting with My Lee 358-158-rf 6 cavity mold. I now have a 50cal ammo can mostly full with 3500+ boolits.
    Attachment 139214
    Dang that can is heavy!
    We moved last August and I'm still sorting stuff. Good luck!

Boolit Master
    stocked 3 cans of 2400, and a can of 4227. I guess the powder shortage is lessening, since I found the 2400.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Powder Bill View Post
    We moved last August and I'm still sorting stuff. Good luck!
    I have been working on this move slowly as I have time for about 4 months. The move is only 60 miles. Both houses are free and clear so except for the utilities and such there is no big rush to get it done. However, summer is coming and I would like to spend some time on the river so I guess I need to get it done.
    I am transporting things as the weather permits, using my pickup and trailer. It will still take a while as I have been living here for over 40 years.
    I didn't know I had so much stuff until I went to clean it up and move it.

Boolit Buddy
    Picked up a couple sleeves of small pistol primers at Cabellas today and stocked them into my primer drawer.

Boolit Master
    sized 150 .223cases 20 were crimped and glue in they were a b***** to de cap

Banned
    I messed around with some 8mm Mauser.

Boolit Master
    Yesterday we deprimed 50 cases for 9mm.
    Not much but with my 4 y. o. Grandson spending the week and wanting to make some bullets with me it was priceless!!
    I'm a Red Cross blood donor- are you? Make an appointment to donate today http://www.redcrossblood.org/make-donation
    http://www.redcrossblood.org/

FOR Disaster Relief DONATIONS-
    http://http://www.redcross.org/charitable-donations

De-capped and wet tumble cleaned 500+ 223 for 300BO fab.