RepackboxLee PrecisionWidenersLoad Data
MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Gander Mountain, Raleigh NC Is Not Cool At All

Boolit Grand Master in Remembrance

Quote Originally Posted by jcwit View Post
    Because I'm listed in the phone book?

Good thing I have a valid tinfoil hat. LOL

I live in a town of 3,000 folks. I know all the Officers in our town. I personally know our County Sheriff.

Ya right, the gov. is recording my phone calls, hehehehehehe.

You are really getting paranoid to say the least!
    I'll go a little further. You do realize all of the above is public record. Don't know about where you live but here one can go on the county map and check out every ones property taxes, how much, did they pay, look at their property from the air, from the street view, check out the house number, license plate number if a vehicle is in the drive or street, all kinds of stuff.

It's all public record folks.
    Lets make America GREAT again!
    Go, Go, Go, Go, Go Donald Trump

Keep your head on your shoulders
    Sit with your back to the wall
    Be ready to draw on a moments notice

I fail to see how any of that is relevant. We are talking about a company tracking and keeping records of your personal habits and behavior, not matters of public record.
    Last edited by Cmm_3940; 04-20-2015 at 10:21 PM. Reason: clarify

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by jonp View Post
    Identity thieves just love people like you. I bet you have not problem with cops randomly stopping your car and searching it or the Government recording all of your phone calls or keeping track of your email either. Hey, you got nothing to hide, why not let the cops show up unannounced at your house and search it when they want to.

How easily people give up there God Given rights and those guaranteed under our founding documents.
    There is a big difference in freely given and theft. I had my phone number listed for as long as I had a land line. It had my address as well. Same with my parents when they were alive. I was on the do not call list almost as soon as it came about. Not a big deal. The gov checking my e-mails or phone records, that is theft unless they have a warrant and then my beef is with the judge. Search my car, I don't think so, if you don't have the probable cause why would you even want to, again go see a judge. If a cop comes by the house to talk, I would probably let him in but there would be no reason for them to leave the room I am talking to them in. Cashier asks for my date of birth, I would probably tell them, it is easier than having to show them the ID so they can read it for themselves, they ask for my phone number I just tell them I am not giving it to them. They ask for my address, they don't get that unless they have to deliver something to me. I don't really mind them having the info but sort of on a need to know basis. When I order a pizza to be delivered I expect to give them both phone number and address, what is the big deal. Zip code, snip code, they can have that everyone can have that as far as I am concerned. If someone can steal an identity with name, address and phone number then they are really good.

Tim
    Words are weapons sharper than knives - INXS

The pen is mightier than the sword - Edward Bulwer-Lytton

The tongue is mightier than the blade - Euripides

Quote Originally Posted by Cmm_3940 View Post
    I fail to see how any of that is relevant. We are talking about a company tracking and keeping records of your personal habits and behavior, not matters of public record.
    Just what habits and behavior are they keeping track of by me buying store brand instead of Charmin Tissue?

Furthermore who cares other than me and the retailer so they can reorder?

So tell us all,

How much TP HAVE you bought in the last six months? Was there a sudden increase or drop in usage?

In Remembrance - Super Moderator & Official Cast Boolits Sketch Artist

Just a bit of info all the apps that are free are data collecting think about that the next time you click on one.
    Reloading to save money I am sure the saving is going to start soon

So tell us all,

How much TP HAVE you bought in the last six months? Was there a sudden increase or drop in usage?
    Huge drop, Dr. put me on a diet. Gotta lose weight. No more donuts with the local Peace keepers.

Boolit Master
    I take a new copy of my info every 3 years to my local Police chief for my F.F.L. Now they done ran a back ground check on me and I guess do every 3 years too. I don't know. I guess if things "GO SOUTH", I won't die in a nursing home -- EH!

Hey, I forgot all about my "License to Carry" and the fingerprints, and background check, not only with the local Police but with the State Police, and the FBI, must have passed them all as I have the License. Have heard the State may do a random check with the FBI now and then. Been doing that ever since I was in the military working in The Pentagon, 50 years ago.

Boolit Master

How many forums do you sign up for that require a birth date? I don't keep track but am surprised when I get an email from one, usually one that I don't frequent, wishing me a happy birthday. I've often wondered what else they could be using that bit of info for.
    John
    W.TN

Boolit Master
    Hey, I forgot all about my "License to Carry" and the fingerprints, and background check, not only with the local Police but with the State Police, and the FBI, must have passed them all as I have the License. Have heard the State may do a random check with the FBI now and then. Been doing that ever since I was in the military working in The Pentagon, 50 years ago.
    Precisely.
    The store is not a government agency and can do NOTHING to you, no matter what information they have.
    Big Brother, OTH, already has more than enough. Anyone who worries about Gander Mountain or Wal-Mart is looking over the wrong shoulder.
    Warning: I know Judo. If you force me to prove it I'll shoot you.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by alamogunr View Post
    How many forums do you sign up for that require a birth date? I don't keep track but am surprised when I get an email from one, usually one that I don't frequent, wishing me a happy birthday. I've often wondered what else they could be using that bit of info for.
    Most gun forums, along with a lot of other types forums have an age requirement. They don't want an 8 year old coming on and causing trouble. You can enter in the right date or not. They have no way of knowing either way.

Quote Originally Posted by JSnover View Post
    Precisely.
    The store is not a government agency and can do NOTHING to you, no matter what information they have.
    Big Brother, OTH, already has more than enough. Anyone who worries about Gander Mountain or Wal-Mart is looking over the wrong shoulder.
    I prefer to look over both. Just because one is worse doesn't mean the other isn't also bad. The info collected by stores is only a subpoena away if BB ever decides they need it.

Any of you folks ever buy a hunting or fishing license?

Boolit Grand Master

Any of you folks ever buy a hunting or fishing license?
    So please tell me how this has anything to do w/ data mining from a private company.

Any of you folks have credit cards?

Boolit Master
    Any of you folks have credit cards?
    Funny!!!!!! I think they might be too paranoid to use a payment method with a permanent record of their purchases. Someone might find out how much toilet paper they use.

Tim
    Words are weapons sharper than knives - INXS

The pen is mightier than the sword - Edward Bulwer-Lytton

The tongue is mightier than the blade - Euripides

CC purchases aren't itemized when they get sent to the card issuer. All that's sent is an amount and a request for authorization. Of course, the name of the seller is recorded, which depending on what you've been up to, might be a bit embarrassing.

Boolit Grand Master

You also voluntarily pay w/ your card. You have the option of paying w/ cash just like you have the option of not giving them any personal information.

CC purchases aren't itemized when they get sent to the card issuer. All that's sent is an amount and a request for authorization. Of course, the name of the seller is recorded, which depending on what you've been up to, might be a bit embarrassing.
    Reminds me of the news story about how some of the shall we say "female professionals" working in New York took credit cards and the card statement would have the "purchase" as being from Joe's Electronics or some similar named shell business. Wondered at the time how many hard looks it generated in front of TV's across the country.

"Oh that, bought a Walkman on that business trip but it was stolen. Right out of my bag. No dear I figured not worth the hassle of a police report". Me I'm thinking that guys living room temperature dropped 15 degrees when that news story aired.
    Scrap.... because all the really pithy and emphatic four letter words were taken and we had to describe this source of casting material somehow so we added an "S" to what non casters and wives call what we collect.

Kind of hard to claim to love America while one is hating half the Americans that disagree with you. One nation indivisible requires work.

Feedback page http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...light=RogerDat