RepackboxTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad Data
RotoMetals2Lee PrecisionWidenersSnyders Jerky
Inline Fabrication
Page 40 of 610 FirstFirst ... 30313233343536373839404142434445464748495090140540 ... LastLast

Thread: What did you do in the reloading room today?

Loaded 12 30-30 rounds with the Lee 309-180R slugs I cast, sized & checked last week. Load was 10gr of Unique. Hope to do some 44mags tomorrow.

Cast 1400 120 gr truncated cone 9mms Sat. & Sun. afternoon, now sizing & lubing with Bens Red and then seal with BLL. These will be target loads for my Shield 9mm, I really like this little boolit, feeds great.

Boolit Buddy
    Thanks Deadpool! I will now have something definitive as a follow-up to the debate. The boys will be intrigued, for sure.

Boolit Buddy
    Thanks Tazman. Will do.

I figure if I can raise good kids to become good men, while a lot of other guys are doing the same, we can rebuild/repair the bedrock of a great nation and ensure a future for them as good as or better than we even had.

Quote Originally Posted by 8mmFan View Post
    Thanks Tazman. Will do.

I figure if I can raise good kids to become good men, while a lot of other guys are doing the same, we can rebuild/repair the bedrock of a great nation and ensure a future for them as good as or better than we even had.
    Awesome, dad, we need more like you. Read your other post too.
    We need a "LIKE" button.
    I didn't get into loading until the kids were out but they're now legal to buy and getting into shooting etc.
    Their "donor" dad didn't believe in guns, but is now changing his tune so the kids are not fighting the "other" influence.
    My son and I did go shoot some of my reloads lately and he's getting an interest, with your story above I'll push it more.

Loaded 80 - 45colts with some of my own 250g powder coated pills, looking forward to getting out and seeing how they do...

Boolit Master

Just gathered up 75 rounds to send the lead back where it came from, Mother Earth that is. It was huge success too.
    Lead bullets Matter

There are three kinds of men: The ones that learn by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves. - Will Rodgers

Loaded some test rounds in 40 S&W and 30 30 . It is time to shoot. Turkey season in about 17 days and Coyotes just waiting for me. lol

Boolit Buddy
    Day 4 of the tool head and die cabinet build. Only had the doors to put on, or so I thought. Just started building stuff when I retired. This was the first thing with doors. Had bought some European type hidden hinges. Never used them before. Didn't realize there were different types. Figured out I had the wrong ones, so went to town, about 17 miles one way, to get the correct ones. Started working on them. Took a long time (longer than it should have) to figure how to install and put them on. First door done. Great. Second one - installation was easier as I knew what I was doing. Problem - door just a little too long. Dang. Took the door and trimmed it down with the table saw. Then sanded until it was where I wanted it. Then had to rout the side again because part was trimmed off. Then had to sand entire door again. Finally got it put on and finished it again. Just before leaving the shop I decided to see how the slide out shelves would look installed with the doors on. Can't get the slide ins in with the doors on! Will have to trim them down now. It is looking good and will be useful when done. Wish I had started this building stuff earlier in life so I would know what I am doing.

I loaded up 200 rounds of wadcutters for my 38 special. I am trying out a load of WST since I bought an 8 pound jug a few weeks ago. Lots of people seem to be using this powder for this application and there is plenty of data out there.
    So far my K38 hasn't really shown a preference for powder. It seems to shoot everything well.
    Even if they aren't the best load they will still work for practice/warm up rounds.

Boolit Master

Cast some 9mm. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	70.8 KB 
ID:	135062

Boolit Buddy

Put together 100+ 38Special rounds with Lee 105gr boolit- My younger daughter purchased her first handgun, so we're training her this weekend with ultra-light loads for her PINK Charter Arms---
    Used Ben's Liquid Lube on the sized&lubed boolits with Carnuaba Red in the grooves- So easy, dries fast, I love this new process- will use it on all my boolits going forward- Sized & lubed 200 boolits (165gr FP) for the 3 32-40s- gotta keep 'em fed with good stuff!
    I've confirmed that using quality lead alloys from RotoMetals makes so much sense- no more scrap alloys for my target loads-
    Keep your pot hot and your molds clean!
    Chuck

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427381902.250973.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	246.3 KB 
ID:	135097Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427381930.930148.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	66.0 KB 
ID:	135098my son loves loading his rounds and seeing how good they work.
    Using Tapatalk

Processing 223/556 brass getting to do my final reloading of the "dark' season. Then go shoot them; repeat.

Boolit Master

Let's see....today I sized and ultra-sonic cleaned a batch of 7 TCU brass, sized a batch of 8mm Mauser and started loading a batch of .410 shot shells. There just isn't enough time!!!!

Boolit Buddy
    Reloaded some with PC's LSWC 145gr and some 308W. Also 100 357 mag with PC'd 158 gr LSWC. Nice day and fit in doing laundry in between! Ed C
    .Click image for larger version. 

Name:	308Wreloads.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	25.8 KB 
ID:	135134Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SWC40SW.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	37.0 KB 
ID:	135135

Lubed my first one tonight. Still have a ways to go on figuring out my lubematic. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427426116.502981.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	298.6 KB 
ID:	135136
    Using Tapatalk

Those wadcutter loads I loaded up last week worked great so I loaded up some more today. After I got done with those I pulled out the lead pot and cast up and lubed about 600 of the Lyman 358432 wadcutters.
    I changed my turret press over to 40S&W and proceeded to load 300 rounds of 145 grain TC boolits over some IMR 4756(won't be long and I will be out of this powder probably forever). I will probably load up more of them tomorrow. This load has been shooting consistently well for the last 6 weeks so it is time to make up a bunch of them. That gives me 2 good bullet weights for the 40.

Boolit Bub
    I got my 9mm dies for my new dillon square deal B so I switched over from 45acp and loaded up 150 rounds. Love this Square Deal........

Made 44 rounds of black powder 8mm Mauser

THE GUN
    The gun has been praised.
    The gun has been denounced.
    The gun has played a critical role in History.
    The gun has been implemented for good.
    The gun has been abused for evil.
    With the gun comes a great moral responsibility!
    To better understand the gun is to better under stand History. And with the gun protect your future.
    D.B