Inline FabricationReloading EverythingRotoMetals2Lee Precision
MidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingMCD ProductsRepackbox

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Last day at work

Perma-Banned

Good luck with your new life and keep your head up as a lot of us will be praying for you and that is the best that a person can have done for them.

I was eligible for retirement (35yrs...had to make the 55yr birthday) yesterday...and I got up and went to work today, so I know what you mean about not wanting to retire just yet...I really need the structure that work requires, so I hope to do it a while longer.

GOD bless you.

Boolit Buddy
    Lightman, best of luck with the ms and retirement. Enjoy the family and yourself!

Boolit Grand Master
    Best of luck to you
    everyone has offered up good advice and I can't add any
    just say have fun and enjoy yourself
    Hit em'hard
    hit em'often

Boolit Bub

From one lineman to another good luck with retirement I will pray for you to be healed.

Boolit Master

God bless, Godspeed and find something to keep your mind and body in the game!
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same......." - Ronald Reagan

"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather, we should thank God that such men lived." - George Patton

The second amendment is a nail on which hangs a picture of freedom - member Alex 4x4 Tver, Russia

Moderator Emeritus

Good luck in your retirement! Prayers for the MS to go into remission! Torn rotator cuffs both shoulders and wrecked lower back ended my work career at 46. Took me awhile to get used to not working because of my work ethic. Sitting doing nothing was doing me in so I started a small business that keeps me challenged now and then. Plus all the extra house projects I needed to get done, plus I got back into reloading after being out of it for 20+ years. The key is stay busy to distract yourself from the medical garbage that seems to ruin to much of my life.

Boolit Grand Master

Thanks for the kind words and thoughts, everyone. Its slowly sinking in that the late night callouts and long hours are over. I plan to hunt more, learn to fish, shoot and cast more, and to travel some with the Wife. Then there are the Grandchildren. I've been wanting to do some kind of project like restoring an old Jeep or Scout. Wow, how did I have time to work?

As far as the MS goes, I'm going to meet it head on. Thanks again, everyone.

Boolit Grand Master

I'm hoping 6 months from now you're wondering how you ever found time to work. Don't know much about MS but I'm hoping for the best; take good care of yourself and enjoy your retirement.
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    Smokeless powder is a passing fad! -Steve Garbe
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.

Boolit Buddy
    Good luck and enjoy your time.

Cheers,

Good luck Lightman your in my prayers.Climbed my last pole in 07 had to retire with copd.youll soon be so busy you will have to take a vacation from retirementOldarkie.
    OldArkie

Boolit Master

Congrats!

Going out with bang is not the best terms for electric guys! Electricity gives me great caution! My brother does it for Nat'l Grid.

Sounds like you have a good positive outlook re the MS. That's probably the best approach. Hope that path is smooth as possible.

Boolit Master
    Hi Lightman.Wishing you the best on the treatment for the MS.Prayers out for you.Enjoy your retirement.Do what you can,when you can.My oldest stepson will retire in appx 3 years with 35 years as a LEO.He`s looking forward to that.
    Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
    Leo
    People never lie so much as after a hunt,during a war,or before an election.
    Otto von Bismarck

Boolit Master
    In a year you'll be wondering how you ever found time to go to work.
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms *shall not be infringed*.

"The greatest danger to American freedom is a government that ignores the Constitution."
    - Thomas Jefferson

"While the people have property, arms in their hands, and only a spark of noble spirit, the most corrupt Congress must be mad to form any project of tyranny."
    - Rev. Nicholas Collin, Fayetteville Gazette (N.C.), October 12, 1789

Boolit Master

200 miles south of the center of the United States
    Retirement is highly under-rated ! Best wishes that yours is more than you ever hoped it could be.

After being retired for 10 years, one of my favorite things is to crack an eye open on a cold snowy morning, chuckle a little and turn over for another half hour of sleep. It's delicious.