RepackboxLoad DataInline FabricationReloading Everything
RotoMetals2Titan ReloadingSnyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters Supply
Wideners Lee Precision

Thread: harrell powder measure

Boolit Master at Heaven's Range

harrell powder measure

if you have used one of these what is your opinion of them? they are quite pricey tho.

Boolit Master
    I love mine. I have the Schuetzen model (bought first) that I use for handgun, I liked it so well, I purchased their Classic Culver model for rifle stuff. I just find the repeatable micrometer settings a real nice feature. They ARE pricy, but if you can swing it, I say go for it.
    I have to admit though, I'm a bit of a sucker for well made tools. (they're darn pretty too)

I started out with a RCBS Uniflow & it still runs fine, I've relegated it mostly for Bullseye powder. I also have a Redding BR2 measure with the micrometer and it is a fine measure as well.

Now that I own a couple of Harrell's, I no longer wonder how nice they are. (And the ARE nice) I really appreciate the machining that goes into them, and have been a joy to use. The fluidity of the operation of the handle is superb.

Extruded powders will still have a little "crunch" which will vary by the length of the extrusions, but overall it seems to me they are more forgiving of this "crunch" than both my RCBS & Redding measures.

Just my 2 cents
    Last edited by PbHurler; 02-20-2015 at 08:40 AM.
    Bob

Boolit Grand Master
    I like mine quite well. I have considered a Schuetzen measure for the smaller charges. Repeatable as all get out. I write the charge and setting on the powder jug with a Sharpie.
    You will learn far more at the casting, loading, and shooting bench than you ever will at a computer bench.

Boolit Buddy
    Harrell measures are wonderful and worth the cost.

Boolit Master
    I was going to buy the best, Neil Jones micromeasure, but it didn't do small pistol charges and I could buy both Harrell's schuetzen/pistol and premium measures for the same as a Neil Jones. They are both excellent.

Boolit Grand Master

I have a Harrels standard culiver and shutzen measures they work excellent and handling working them you know they are true quaility/ craftmanship. I bought the larger one first and used it for several years loading 223, 308, and 243 for NRA High power matches. Also for several others up to 300 win mag for hunting and plinking. Mine throws any powder Ive poured in it extremely well. The shutzen was purchased for smaller cartridges 22 hornet 218bee and such. Both do an exceptional job. Very smooth and accurate. SInlairs have adapters to use powder bottles for hoppers also. Set up for drop tubes and diffrent lengths are available also.

Very happy with my Harrell's Precision BR model for my rifle reloading.
    My Feedback, (did I buy or sell to you? Please add your Comments)
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...hlight=novalty

Boolit Mold
    I have the following Powder Measures:
    RCBS Uniflow
    Lyman 55
    Ohaus Duo 7200
    Foster Benchrest
    Harrel Brenchrest

Each one has it place on my reloading bench. Some works better with specific powders. I like to setup a powder measure for a specific load and caliber and keep it locked on that measurement. All powder measures has a small inconsistency but when used with a tickler they all do fine. The Harrel is superior in that it has a very good volume indicator and works with clicks. One click is about 0.05grain depending on the powder. It is easier to duplicate previous loads on the Harrel than any of the other brands.