MidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationSnyders JerkyRepackbox
Titan ReloadingWidenersLoad DataRotoMetals2
Lee Precision
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: More bad press for Wounded Warriors

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by LUBEDUDE View Post
    Scottish Rite Hospital is part of the Shriners from my understanding.

We took our daughter there 20 years ago for spinal problems.

They did not charge us a dime!!! Nor did they ask for a donation!!

Their ONLY concern was helping our daughter.

Pure Class all the way!!!!
    It is the Shriner's Hospital that gives free care for children. The Scottish Rite is involved in speech pathology for children, disaster relief, and scholarships.
    Although there has been a movement to change this in the past few years, one had to be a Master Mason in good standing, plus a member of either Scottish Rite, or York Rite to be a Shriner. The proposed change is to allow non-Masons to become Shriners.

32nd Degree Scottish Rite here.
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

Shriners is the greatest; I worked there as a volunteer for 2 years during my college days in the '60s, it helped make me the person I am today, "Give to the kids" not to the "SCAMMERS"(WWP), I became a teacher after my Shriner experience to help reach more kids.
    Ramar
    AMERICAN EX-PRISONERS OF WAR -- NON SOLUM ARMIS

Boolit Master

Look at this way any organization that thinks veterans don't know how to enjoy firearms really has something wrong them. I found this out when I thought of donating some money their way. I think veterans who like to hunt, shoot and fish should be allowed to enjoy this type of recreation as best as they can for as long as they can.

I have thought a long time about starting a fund for veterans, but I want to be paid also and my pay would be 1% of whatever comes in and of that I would put in 50% of what I am paid back into the fund just to make sure it gets to as many veterans as possible. Yep I would be living the high life on 0.5% of donations and with that I would pay all my expenses and hope there was enough to do that. Leftover would most likely be used to have meals with veterans and see what else I could do to help them. Yea I am a real gold digger when it comes to veterans and helping them.
    WWP is nothing more than a scam anymore not sure it was ever anymore.
    Beware of a government that fears its citizens having the means to protect themselves.
    NRA Patron member
    Veteran

Boolit Grand Master

Where our governors, congressmen AND THEIR WIVES make our license plates
    Didn't we run them into the ground when they left disabled vets sitting on the RR tracks with a train approaching a few years ago?
    WE WON. WE BEAT THE MACHINE. WE HAVE CCW NOW.