RotoMetals2Load DataTitan ReloadingWideners
Snyders JerkyInline FabricationRepackboxReloading Everything
MidSouth Shooters Supply Lee Precision
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Vibrating primer tube fillers

Boolit Master

Quality control on the Frankfort Arsenal units is erratic. If you read the reviews on the Midway site and check for an old thread here you will find people love the good ones, and others despise the bad ones. The one I paid $25 for was a piece of $#!&. Maybe you'll get lucky.

Boolit Master

It would have to improve a lot to be a piece of ####

Dannyd Could not have said it any better!

Boolit Bub
    I've tried to rationalize getting a vibrating primer loader, but they don't seem right for me. Since I only load a couple hundred rounds in a sitting, and it takes me just over a minute to pickup a hundred primers from the flip tray, I think just one glitch in the system and I'd have lost the few seconds gained by the device.

A proper flip tray, though, is a worthwhile $8 investment.

Boolit Master

A couple hundred rounds per session, a single stage press and slow primer loading is adequate. When you're shooting 50,000+ per year, volume matters. This is one of those things where the importance varies by consumption.

I don't load USPSA ammo (thousands/year) and hunting ammo (dozens per year) by the same standards and criteria.

YMMV,
    David
    Sometimes life taps you on the shoulder and reminds you it's a one way street. Jim Morris

Banned

Don't know why you guys have so many problems with them. Most ive had to do was a couple minutes of deburing on one tray on of the units I had. Takes a bit of technique to work them best but my wife does it and has no problem whatsoever filling tubes. Like I said earlier ive used the **** out of these things. I actually wore to out to the point the vibrating wasn't enough to work well. I think I found out why though. You need to keep batterys fresh in them. Its not a tool for getting the last bit of juice out of a battery. They not only don't work as well but I believe that's what hurt those motors. If you really want something to bitch about buy one of those 300 dollar dillons and fight that for a year or so. Its the only thing Dillon I gave up on. I sent it in to them twice and they supposedly fixed it. the second time they set it up with an adjustable rheostat and it still worked like ****! Finally I just told them to keep it and send me back my money. These Frankfort arsenal units may not be perfect but there the best thing out there and a bargin for what they cost vs time saved. Keep in mind what 50 bucks buys you today. You cant even take the wife out to eat for that.

Takes a bit of technique to work them best but my wife does it and has no problem whatsoever filling tubes.
    Wives are smarter than husbands...at least that's what my wife says.

Banned

maybe so eddie. Maybe wives don't think they should be able to take something out of the package and because there so talented it should just work perfect for them the first time, heck even without reading the directions. I boughten a few of these things now and I haven't seen one bit of difference in quality from one to the other. I personaly don't know how a guy could stuggle with one of these and not be hating the progressive press he loading these primers for. They too take a bit of technique
    Quote Originally Posted by EddieNFL View Post
    Wives are smarter than husbands...at least that's what my wife says.

Maybe I've just been lucky these past 40 years.

Didn't mean to offend.

Well, I tried another frankford arsenal vibraprime. After several here said they had to trim flash off the tray and haven't had any problems with it, I decided to try again. On the first one I bought, the smalls loaded fine with a little tweaking, but the larges would not load without several of them being flipped. This second one I checked it out before trying it and did find some flashing to remove on the tray. The small primers will not feed into the tube at all no matter what I try. The larges feed into the tube just fine without flipping, but they will not drop out of the tube without me pushing them out with my primer follower rod from my press. The handle unit came apart in my hand and I had to tape it together. It is now also going back to Amazon as defective. I gave it a second try. There won't be a third.

Interestingly enough, the purple primer eater I bought a while ago is now working flawlessly.

bought the FA unit and after a couple min deburing it was great. Went on sale and bought a spare
    Dave
    The only part of the metric system America has embraced is the 9mm.

Remember incoming fire has the right of way

Boolit Buddy

Boolit Man
    Thanks everyone. After researching your leads I took my two Lee units, glued in the blue Dillon tube adapter,
    strapped on the wife's electric toothbrush to the tube and it works well. Sure speeds things up, and it cost me
    nothing out of pocket.