Inline FabricationLoad DataSnyders JerkyRotoMetals2
Reloading EverythingTitan ReloadingRepackboxMidSouth Shooters Supply
Wideners Lee Precision
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: A time machine has been built! You've bought a one way ticket. Where are you.......

Boolit Master
    Well slag and dross rises to the top just as feces float in a toliet bowl. The most useless are often the most vocal and evident in a society.

Bump!
    "Everyone has a plan, until they get punched in the face!" - Mike Tyson

"Don't let my fears become yours." - Me, talking to my children

That look on your face, when you shift into 6th gear, but it's not there.

Boolit Master

I had the same argument on wine and alcohol and pointing out that Noah got drunk when he got off the ark did not make the other person happy to many people try to rewrite the bible and the rest of history as well.
    When I think back on all the **** I learned in high school it's a wonder I can think at all ! And then my lack of education hasn't hurt me none I can read the writing on the wall.

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by firefly1957 View Post
    I had the same argument on wine and alcohol and pointing out that Noah got drunk when he got off the ark did not make the other person happy to many people try to rewrite the bible and the rest of history as well.

On Cowboy Corner, I heard an old rancher say that when Noah was dealing with the flood, they only got a half inch of rain in west Texas.
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

1950, I'd go back and kill Jona Salk before he developed the witches brew that contaminated 98 million Americans. This figure doesn't include what it has done to later generations.
    "If people let the government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny."

-Thomas Jefferson

Travel back in time and shoot your self fatally with a cast boolit. How, can you travel back in time?

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by ell198679 View Post
    Travel back in time and shoot your self fatally with a cast boolit. How, can you travel back in time?
    Traveling back will always be part of *your* timeline and can never be changed. You would create a parallel dimension the moment you went back, and it wouldn't matter if you shot yourself or not.

Banned
    I have given this some thought & given that it "is" possible to time travel - & return, I would take a number of trips. The first would be back to around 1775 & hook up with my hero's like Washington, Franklin, Adams, Paine, et al, & my favorite Tom Jefferson.

Then I'd go & fight with Tim Murphy & watch him make the shot that many say, changed & won the war. Fight on until the end & watch the birth of the US.

Then I'd snag a bunch of mint condition coins return to my 30s & sell them for big bucks & buy Apple & Microsoft etc & buy a lot more guns & hunt & fish the world, raise Quarter Horses & cattle on a big *** ranch with a real nice 1 mile range.

The I'd take my millions/billions & ensure that Osama Obummer never got elected (or hopefully any of the other scumbags).

Quote Originally Posted by waksupi View Post
    On Cowboy Corner, I heard an old rancher say that when Noah was dealing with the flood, they only got a half inch of rain in west Texas.
    And Carpetman probably got it.
    Have mercy.
    A haw, haw, haw, haw, a haw.
    A haw, haw, haw

Boolit Grand Master

Salk developed a "witches brew"? Is this supposed to be a joke or just some
    insanity? Salk developed the vaccine to prevent polio - how in world is that twisted
    into something bad?

Bill
    If it was easy, anybody could do it.

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by MtGun44 View Post
    Salk developed a "witches brew"? Is this supposed to be a joke or just some
    insanity? Salk developed the vaccine to prevent polio - how in world is that twisted
    into something bad?

Bill
    I was still scratching my head over that one, too. He must not know anyone who had polio.
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

Boolit Master
    Before politicians ruined my country and way of life by allowing immigration to run wild whilst they sit in their Ivory Towers surveying their handywork.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Col4570 View Post
    Before politicians ruined my country and way of life by allowing immigration to run wild whilst they sit in their Ivory Towers surveying their handywork.
    If they only earned room & board, and couldn't own anything or have families... (dehumanize them)... Then that would remove a huge conflict of interest, and most/all would have your interests instead of their own.

Boolit Master

I was still scratching my head over that one, too. He must not know anyone who had polio.
    +2 on that one. I was wondering the same thing.

Boolit Master

Or knows someone who got polio from the vaccine?

Boolit Master
    Some Salk Polio Vacine made using cells from the Rehsus Monkey was found to be contaminated by the SV-40 virus. While 98 million Americans took the vacine only 30 million got the contaminated vacine.
    While SV-40 has been found in cancerous tissues surveys indicate that those who carry the virus are no more likely to develop cancer than those who don't.
    Still it is a cross species contamination and one that was unlikely to have ever occurred on any noticable scale otherwise.

Boolit Man
    Back to 1965 when I was 17 if I can take what I know now with me
    and not be as stupid as I was at 17.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by oldsagerat View Post
    Back to 1965 when I was 17 if I can take what I know now with me
    and not be as stupid as I was at 17.
    "If I knew then what I knew now... I would probably be in jail..."

Bump!
    "Everyone has a plan, until they get punched in the face!" - Mike Tyson

"Don't let my fears become yours." - Me, talking to my children

That look on your face, when you shift into 6th gear, but it's not there.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Janoosh View Post
    Starbits raises an interesting question.
    1- Me and material...pre-columbian North America.
    2- just me......the day and place in the crowd, front and center, listening to the sermon on the mount.

So far, I like this answer best