Inline FabricationLoad DataRotoMetals2Lee Precision
RepackboxTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders Jerky
Wideners
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Officer Wilson in NO TRUE BILLED by the Grand Jury

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by marlin39a View Post
    But it is not over for Officer Wilson. Surely the Obama regime will go after him on Federal Civil Rights charges.
    I don't think so, have little doubt the civil suit will be filed before the turkey bones hit the trash bin.
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    Smokeless powder is a passing fad! -Steve Garbe
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.

Quote Originally Posted by TXGunNut View Post
    I don't think so, have little doubt the civil suit will be filed before the turkey bones hit the trash bin.
    Today I heard someone call the shooting "accidental". Boy-o-boy, that sure smacks of civil suit preparation to me.

Sarcasm /ON
    Let's see, Mr. Brown was walking on the sidewalk when the LEO stopped by. Mr. Brown walks over to the Police vehicle (after looking both ways for traffic) and asks the LEO to look at his piece. LEO agrees, and accidentally shoots Mr. Brown while unholstering the pistol. LEO then gets out of his vehicle to bandage Mr. Brown's hand. Mr. Brown then remembers he left the tea kettle on the boil, and sprints away, but then remembers that, Gosh Darn! he dropped the house keys in the LEO's vehicle. So Mr. Brown turns around and starts sprinting at the vehicle. The LEO, understanding the urgency of the moment, is trying to holster his weapon, but unfortunately puts five more rounds into Mr. Brown.

Tragic accident. Sarcasm /OFF
    Last edited by ohland; 11-26-2014 at 10:20 AM.
    Belle, Belle, Belle!
    Purty Gu-ur-url!

What everyone down there protesting likes to forget.

A if Brown had complied with the officer's request and moved to the sidewalk, he would be alive.

B If Brown had not assaulted the officer in his car, and tried to get his gun, he would be alive.

C If once shot in the hand when Brown started running away, if he had just kept on running, he would be alive.
    But he did not keep running away, he did not follow the officers instructions to get down on the ground. He charged him with malice afore thought. He fully intended to kill him, to "get" the guy that shot him.

This is not some saint, this is a 6'6" big bully who was used to getting his own way.

He deserved exactly what he got.

The last thing people like to forget, if they had indicted the Officer for using his gun when threatened. Within a week or two officers all across the country would quit their jobs. They live in fear that they will someday be forced to use their gun. If after all the training, and all the policy's if they are then to be turned over as sacrificial lambs to the slaughter. They would quit en-mass.

Imagine the sheer and utter chaos that would follow! It would make this little round of violence, burning and protests look pathetic.

Who would hire on to do the job if you knew in advance that firing your gun would get you thrown into a jury trial each and every time?

The answer is only those who you don't want.

This played out the only way it COULD play out.

You want to lay blame? Lay it at the feet of those parents who do not teach their children to "Respect and obey" police officers.

Chicago Values

For a good graphical depiction of all the murders and shootings in Chicago, check out http://hey*******.com/.

Comments on the Ferguson verdict:
    http://hey*******.com/enlightening-c.../no-true-bill/

Cautious, there is some strong language on the site. But then again, maybe tallying the 408 murders so far is a bit intense. I made a few, obvious, snips. Not that such words offend me, but the intent is still clear.

Message follows -- //
    While the events down in Ferguson play out, back in Chicagoland the same old >BS< continues day in and day out with nary a peep. In the 107 days since officer Darren Wilson shot and killed 18 year old Michael Brown – 12:03pm, Saturday, August 9th – the following stupidity has taken place in Chicago:

Brutal, yet incredibly asinine and absurd to say the least.
    So what is it about these stats that hasn’t caused people to lose their collective >STUFF<?

After all, there have been plenty of opportunities to march, chant, throw >STUFF<, break stuff, come up with a hashtag, etc… in the past few months, not only in Chicago, but all over the nation. So where is the national media? The cable news talking heads? The race pimpin’ super duo of Jesse and Al? The professional agitators and social justice warriors? The exploiting politicians? Almost 900 shootings and homicides in the past three months and not one is worthy of their attention.

Someone from ‘round these parts once said “never let a crisis go to waste”. Apparently these stats aren’t crisis-y enough.
    Message Ends ------//
    Last edited by ohland; 11-26-2014 at 10:23 AM.
    Belle, Belle, Belle!
    Purty Gu-ur-url!

Boolit Master
    http://www.documentcloud.org/documen...sy-report.html

Some things to think about.
    One of the wounds to the upper arm had to have been made while Brown had his hands raised over his hed, unless he was shot from behind before he turned.
    Neither witness saw Brown move his hands to his waist, both saw his hands clenched at his chest or raised above his shoulders.

Claiming that a suspect put his hand in his waistband is a common kneejerk response. Once said they have to stick to that no matter what any witnesses say otherwise.

In other news Chicago resident Al Bundy was shot by officers responding to a domestic violence call.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by marlin39a View Post
    But it is not over for Officer Wilson. Surely the Obama regime will go after him on Federal Civil Rights charges.
    News reported his home address.
    Shouldn't this be charged as terrorism?
    Naw...inquiring rioters have a need to know!

Boolit Master

Just a thought.

George Noory had Jesse Ventura on last night, now don't get me wrong. I would never be the one to say that the former Governor could be voted "Mr. Mentally Bright " of the year but he did bring out two good points.
    One, hitting Brown with "6 or7" shots sure seems like a lot of kill power being used. Any several could have put him down. Earlier I had heard ( read ) that Brown was on pot at the time. True ? That might , if true, explain why he just didn't drop.
    Two, in a Grand Jury there is no right of cross examination, only know facts are examined. Accord to Ventura only in a regular court of law where there is a right of cross examination will all the facts come out.

I don't think this thing is going to go away any time soon.
    Facta non verba

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Reg View Post
    Just a thought.

George Noory had Jesse Ventura on last night, now don't get me wrong. I would never be the one to say that the former Governor could be voted "Mr. Mentally Bright " of the year but he did bring out two good points.
    One, hitting Brown with "6 or7" shots sure seems like a lot of kill power being used. Any several could have put him down. Earlier I had heard ( read ) that Brown was on pot at the time. True ? That might , if true, explain why he just didn't drop.
    Two, in a Grand Jury there is no right of cross examination, only know facts are examined. Accord to Ventura only in a regular court of law where there is a right of cross examination will all the facts come out.

I don't think this thing is going to go away any time soon.
    I didn't think there was a maximum number of rounds to stop a threat. And pot will not give you any superhuman qualities, crack, PCP, khat, maybe but not pot. I do have to commend Wilson on his marksmanship though, many LEOs would empty their sidearms without hitting anything.
    "Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it."
    ~Pericles~

Boolit Master
    What angle of entry would be necesary for a bullet to enter the center of the forehead and exit at the jaw?

Banned
    I'm going to go ahead and state the obvious. If the man killed had been white there wouldn't have hardly been a mention of it on the news and it would have been stuck somewhere on page 6 of the paper. The man shot was a thug a burgler a thief. According to accounts the perp tried to take the officers gun. The man tried to inflict great bodily harm. According to what I heard on the news in the state of Missouri lethal force is justified if the officer feels his life is in danger. If I had been him I would not have waited as long as he did.

Boolit Master
    I'm going to go ahead and state the obvious. If the man killed had been white there wouldn't have hardly been a mention of it on the news and it would have been stuck somewhere on page 6 of the paper.
    Thats very true, and Wilson has stated he would have killed a whiteman under the same circumstances.
    There was never any possibility of a true bill regardless of evidence statements, autopsy report, or inconsistencies in Wilson's statements, the same would have been true if the dead man were white.

Boolit Master

Rioters seem to be burning down their own neighborhoods, so Wilson is probably safe. I have never understood getting so angry you want to burn your neighborhood down. Some else's, OK I guess. My own? What kind of thinking is that?

The feds won't go after Wilson. The burden of proof for a grand jury to indict is almost zero. There is nothing to go after. Yes, there will be a civil suit, and the city of Ferguson will probably settle. Actually, the city's insurance company will probably want to settle rather than litigate. That's usually how it goes.

Boolit Master
    The feds won't go after Wilson. The burden of proof for a grand jury to indict is almost zero.
    The DA in this case has never gotten a true bill on any officer regardless of available evidence and testimony.
    I've been told he has lied to newspapers about the content of witness statements in another officer involved shooting and this was discovered when the newspapers obtained transcripts. If my source has the facts straight some police detectives had given testimony that contradicted the statements of the involved officers.

I'll look this case up and find out just how much truth there is to it.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Multigunner View Post
    The DA in this case has never gotten a true bill on any officer regardless of available evidence and testimony.
    I've been told he has lied to newspapers about the content of witness statements in another officer involved shooting and this was discovered when the newspapers obtained transcripts. If my source has the facts straight some police detectives had given testimony that contradicted the statements of the involved officers.

I'll look this case up and find out just how much truth there is to it.
    True bills on law enforcement officers involved in shootings are very, very rare. And that's anywhere. I don't see it as a reflection on the DA. Witness statements are always shaky. Interview 7 eyewitnesses and you will get 7 different stories, and some of them will be very different. People with experience in law enforcement know the weakest evidence is eyewitness evidence.

Frosted Boolits

One of the wounds to the upper arm had to have been made while Brown had his hands raised over his hed, unless he was shot from behind before he turned.
    How do you figure?

What angle of entry would be necesary for a bullet to enter the center of the forehead and exit at the jaw?
    When a bullet hits round shaped bone it's path can be deflected.
    Last edited by IllinoisCoyoteHunter; 11-26-2014 at 07:07 PM.
    My Feedback : http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...iscoyotehunter

An armed society is a polite society.

the BB knows

Boolit Master
    How do you figure?
    Actually I should have wrote lower arm, there was a wound to each upper and lower arm with exit wounds.
    The entry wound to the lower arm was on the dorsal side and the exit wound on the ventral side, the oposite of the wound to the upper arm. the Upper arm wound was from the front but the lower arm wound was either from the back or from the front if the arm was raised.

I could be reading this wrong somehow, the use of the terms ventral and dorsal are not so clear cut when describing the limbs. Basically ventral is the front, dorsal is the back.
    For a bullet to enter the dorsal surface and exit the ventral the arm was either raised or the wound was from the back.
    If he had his arms raised to his chest, as one witness has stated, and a bullet passed through the dorsal lower arm it would coincide with a chest wound.
    In any case it doesn't sound like his hand was down his pants.

A proper diagram with angle of bullet tracks would be helpful.

Still wondering about the entrance wound to the center fore head and exit at the jaw. Both men were the same height.

Frosted Boolits

The lower arm wound could have been from the struggle at the patrol car.
    My Feedback : http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...iscoyotehunter

An armed society is a polite society.

the BB knows

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by IllinoisCoyoteHunter View Post
    That was my first thought as well. And the head wound could have come when he "charged the officer with his head down like a football player", as the witness statements read.

Boolit Master
    Now the Monday morning quarterbacks are on it...
    Done with this thread.
    Warning: I know Judo. If you force me to prove it I'll shoot you.

Boolit Master
    No powder strippling, no gunshot residue on Browns skin. Short sleeved shirt.