Load DataInline FabricationSnyders JerkyRepackbox
Titan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionWideners
RotoMetals2
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: What was your first pistol?

Boolit Master
    Daisy Spit'n Image 6 shooter to match my Spit'n Image Daisy '94 lever action. Didn't shoot my eye out either.

prs

Boolit Grand Master
    I got my first handgun in the Summer of '70 when I turned 21... a used High Standard Sentinel Deluxe snubbie I traded for and still own. My first pistol was also a High Standard, the forgettable Dura-Matic with the one piece plastic grip that also served as the grip frame and the magazine carrier. It got sold in almost new condition after only a box or two of ammo. I've been through quite a few in the intervening 44 years and would be hard pressed to pick a single favorite, but I still can't get rid of that Sentinel for nostalgic reasons!

Froggie
    "It aint easy being green!"

Boolit Master
    Ruger mk2 standard model. That gun would eat any ammo i fed it and ask for more. I tradex it for a 850 yamaha and now i have neither. I should have kept the ruger.

Boolit Grand Master

Ruger Single Six. I've bought and sold probably a hundred pistols but still have that one. I'll never let it go
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

Boolit Master
    First one I ever bought myself was a 4 5/8" Ruger Blackhawk in 45 Colt, still have it, throats are all .4525, and I plan on passing it to my son when the time comes.

My first pistol I still have. A mid 70's Colt Python. It still has the prettiest bluing of any handgun I own I have taken very good care of it. I was 16 at the time so had to have an adult with me to actually make the purchase. My first actual purchase was a day after my 21st birthday...the just introduced stainless Redhawk in .44 mag. I still love both of these guns though I havent shot the Pyyhon in years. I just take olit out occasionally and rub it with a silicone cloth and admire my reflection in the finish.

My first was a Grendel P-30, .22 mag. I was teenager and saved up my summer job cash. Mom bought it for me, her boss at the time had an FFL. I got it new from the factory. Grendel closed its doors a few years later. Of course, I still have it but with cost of ammo, it doesn't get shot much.

My First purchased pistol was a Dan Wesson Model 15 357 magnum
    - early "pork chop" model

still got it - still shoots well - still got the ringing from that first 100 rounds of 357 magnum.
    je suis charlie

It is better to live one day as a LION than a dozen days as a Sheep.

Thomas Jefferson Quotations:
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."

My first was a RG .22lr 6 shooter. I think about 30 bucks and I was 16. Back then you didn't have no stinking restrictions like today. Several of us had them but if you had scrimped and saved you had a Ruger Single Six. My cousin still moans to this day that he ever sold his Ruger.

Isn't it amazing how we ever managed to survive without those Regulations!

Boolit Master
    my first pistol is my colt commander in 9mm and first revolver was a colt frontier scout .22lr and a .22 mag. cylinder.

Boolit Buddy

Back in 1986 a Ruger security six 4" .357 bought from a security guard after they went to 9's. Put a couple of boxes thru it then traded for a 10/22. Only firearm I ever traded and like most -- wished I'd have kept it. At least I learned my lesson about trading.

My first handgun was an RG 4inch 357mag purchased in 1974. I got a quick education in poor gun quality and the need for ear protection. I couldn't hit anything except by accident with it.
    The side of the barrel right in front of the cylinder blew out about 5 boxes in. The gun shop replaced it and I traded the replacement off without firing it.

Boolit Mold
    Ruger Old Army. I read about it in the 1972 or 73 Shooters Bible. I knew I had to have one, so I got on my bicycle and rode to Sportsman's Headquarters in downtown Grand Forks ND. Inside was my prize, a blued Old Army, the price tag read $125.00. I asked the guy at the counter if they had lay-away and he said yes. 25% down and 25% for the next 3 months. I gave him $40 to start and when I made the 3rd payment he told me "next month when you come in bring your dad with you.". The next month I brought my dad with me as I made the last payment. The clerk looked at my Dad and asked him if he was OK with this purchase. My Dad said he was OK with it. I also bought powder,caps and balls. We headed out in the country and loaded it up and cut loose. I don't know who had the bigger smile, Dad or me.
    Dad has been gone since 2002, but the Old Army is still with me and always will be.
    k2nd
    I was 15 at the time and made my money delivering the GF Herald!
    Last edited by k2nd; 11-23-2014 at 09:50 PM.

Boolit Master
    Four inch 1950 target smitt and western 44 special. Shot it to death

Boolit Bub
    My first was my Dad's S&W 22 kit revolver. He's gone, but that pistol still keeps us in touch. First one I bought myself was a Beretta 92FS.

Boolit Buddy

J C Higgens mod 88(Hi Standard sentinel ) still have it. About 1960.
    John

Colt Delta Elite, bought in the PX on Camp Lejeune.
    That was in 1994 and I still have it though it is a bit worn it is and always has been 100% reliable.
    My firearms review site. http://rangehot.com/

Boolit Buddy
    High Standard Duramatic. Dad's idea. He liked the machining and thought the stampings made the Ruger MK1 look cheap. The Duramatic had quality control issues, but was accurate and I squirrel hunted with it. Sold it to a friend and bought a 10 3/8 barrel MK2. Nice pistol, but I wish I had that High Standard back as well.....Mike

Moderator Emeritus

My first was a Berretta 92F in 9mm. Bought it around 1984 or so and never fired it until two years ago. For some reason never got around to it then kids, life, etc.. Nice shooting pistol.