WidenersLoad DataTitan ReloadingInline Fabrication
RepackboxSnyders JerkyRotoMetals2Lee Precision
MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Where were you 13 years ago today?

120 miles North of Texarkana 9 miles from OK in the green hell
    I was on my way to work on the Depot. Being west it was still dark.I found out when I walked in at work just a few minutes later 1 of the guys got a call from home 30 min later we were sent home on admin leave. 5 days of 8 for 10 admin . Then we were back to business as usual, except for the 100% vehicle inspection that continues today.

We expected to have a Pearl like response instead work just ground to a stop it was nearly a year before shipping normalized sorta.

That day was filled more with rage than shock , I remember wondering if we would mobilize in force or go gunning 1 by 1. I also remember vividly Yasser Arafat calling and more diplomatically I'm sure saying I swear we had nothing to do with this you need men ,air bases, fuel I'm your man.
    Last edited by Harter66; 09-11-2014 at 07:47 PM.
    In the time of darkest defeat,our victory may be nearest. Wm. McKinley.

I was young and stupid then I'm older now. Me 1992 .

Richard Lee Hart 6/29/39-7/25/18

Without trial we cannot learn and grow . It is through our stuggles that we become stronger .
    Brother I'm going to be Pythagerus , DiVinci , and Atlas all rolled into one soon .

Boolit Grand Master

Back in the woods a piece, just outside Auburn, AL.
    At work, in the file room of an engineering firm. But there was a computer in there and I kept it on streaming CNN all day.
    KE4GWE - - - - - - Colt 1860, it just feels right.

I was in Madison Wisconsin working at a customer site. My wife called my cell and told me that a plane hit the WTC. I remember saying to her, 'What a tragedy, keep me posted on the details.' and hung up. I went back to what I was doing and sure enough the cell rang again with the news of the other plane.
    I told my co-worker something was up, and we headed up to the engineering offices to find some news.
    I was scheduled to fly home that Friday, but knowing that all flights were shut down, I just called the travel department and told them to just let me know whenever things opened up.
    We finished up the week, and for some turn of fate, I got on one of the first domestic flights in the states. There was me and two others on a 50 seat jet. Cincinnati airport was ghost town, and I had security following me through the airport. What a surreal situation....

Boolit Master

I was on the west coast at tech school training for the military. I was woken up by my carpool buddy yelling "We're at WAR!" Went to work (class), and they locked down the base. All Marine students got yanked out of class and armed up and were posted at the entrances to the bases and the doors of every builidng. That was a long day while we all tried to figure out exactly what had just happened and who it was that had attacked us. Not much training actually occurred that day, as we gave in to the inevitable and just watched the news pretty much all day.

Boolit Master

Room 4E442, which was about 100' counter clockwise from point of impact.
    Looking to the left out the office door was nothing but dust, smoke, dangling light fixtures and fallen ceiling tiles. So, we turned right and started marching. We all made it, unlike some I knew.
    Alex (LT, USN)

Love Life
    I was in the 11th grade in Mr. Christensen's woodshop class at Austin High School. I remember he received a phone call, had us shut down all the tools, and gather around the TV as he turned it on.

When the TV 1st came on it took a second to realize that what we were watching was the news, and not a movie. At the time, only one tower had been hit. We watched as the 2nd plane hit and even as young as we were, we knew we were under attack.

My buddy and I decided we would help get revenge when we were old enough. I'm still here, he isn't, but we went and got some revenge for what those pieces of garbage from the far away toilets of countries did!!

I will never forget and I will never forgive.

I was at home. Received a phone call after the first plane had hit. My country has never been the same since.
    "Everyone has a plan, until they get punched in the face!" - Mike Tyson

"Don't let my fears become yours." - Me, talking to my children

That look on your face, when you shift into 6th gear, but it's not there.

Perma-Banned

I was at work, Andrews AFB, HQ AFOSI Bldg., as a civilian contractor. I heard about the 1st plane, and was watching when the 2nd one hit. My home was 120 miles away, no cell phone, so it took me a while to get in touch with my wife. She had been worried about me, and all of the kids had been calling her because they knew that I used to work periodically in the Pentagon. With 8 1/2 years in the Marines, I volunteered my services to help at the Pentagon, only to be informed, "Sorry, no civilians". Base was closed to civilians for the next day, and the day after I wasn't on some list, so had to turn around and go back to where I was staying. The next 3 days it took 1-2 hours to get on the base for work. I will Never Forget, and Forgiveness is related to Humanity, something these cowardly sand lice would not understand.

Semper Fi!

OB

[FONT=times new roman][SIZE=3]Je suis Charlie

Safeguard our way of life...Defend the Constitution against ALL Enemies, Foreign and Domestic!!!

I was too young to remember. I remember seeing it on the TV but had no clue what was happening.

I was at home feeding the kids breakfast. watched live on the news.

Still shocked.

Boolit Buddy
    Active duty about half way to retirement. Told my troops to have their mobility bags ready to go because we would be leaving soon. Told my teenage boy that we would still be fighting this one after he finished school. I've been retired for 9 years and he has been on active duty for 6 years now.
    USAF (Retired) 1985-2005

Perma-Banned

I watched it happen sitting in a barbers chair.

Boolit Buddy

I'll tell you guys. It makes me proud, overwhelming emotion was rage and anger, not fear. Thats my bygod country !!!!

Boolit Master
    Was almost ready to leave for work. Called my boss & partner who I knew was already at the studio (Sony Pictures). He said don't come in yet; call back in an hour. When I called back he said, "Forget coming in, they've locked down the studio."
    They kept up pretty good security for several months afterward; bomb sniffing dogs, undercarriage checks, ID verification, trunk, interior, truck and van searches.

smokeywolf
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms *shall not be infringed*.

"The greatest danger to American freedom is a government that ignores the Constitution."
    - Thomas Jefferson

"While the people have property, arms in their hands, and only a spark of noble spirit, the most corrupt Congress must be mad to form any project of tyranny."
    - Rev. Nicholas Collin, Fayetteville Gazette (N.C.), October 12, 1789

I'd been working night shift, got up at 2 o'clock (UK time) put on TV saw the tower ablaze.... thought, "that looks bad", then saw the second plane hit.... Ah!... it's a review of a new movie or something.... if only.... that was a bad day for all of us.... we are all so vulnerable....
    May we achieve our aims....

Boolit Master

I was at my Aunt's house, in the Bronx, getting ready for work. Had the talking heads on and they suddenly got real excited. Watched the hits, live, on T.V.. The news reported that the bridges into NYC were closed, so no work in Queens. Was on the flight path to LaGuardia and everything got real quiet. The city got real quiet. Those of you that ever lived in a city know that there is always some noise. It got real quiet. No fear...lots of rage...that MY city....that MY country...was attacked..

Boolit Man
    I was still in bed when the first plane hit. It was the second week of my sophmore year in High School. My mother had come in to wake me up and was screaming at me to get out of bed and said something about a plane hitting the trade center tower. At first I thought she was talking about the trade center here in Portland so I didn't think much of it as it is pretty close to the flight path. I get downstairs and see that it wasn't here, it was in NYC. Got ready for school and headed in. Before the bell rang for the first class we were watching as the second plane crashed into the second tower and we knew this wasn't an accident.

We spent the rest of the day, in every class, talking about what was happening in NYC and elsewhere. I don't think anyone was really scared, more shocked, dismayed, and angry. Especially when we started seeing reports about celebrations in the countries of our supposed allies...

Boolit Master
    Funny how after a disaster or attack like that, everybody says expect and prepare for the worst and hope for the best; part of that preparation is being or becoming well armed. A few years later, those who are still practicing that theory are deemed paranoid, crazy gun toting rednecks, "preppers", extremists, societal outcasts.
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms *shall not be infringed*.

"The greatest danger to American freedom is a government that ignores the Constitution."
    - Thomas Jefferson

"While the people have property, arms in their hands, and only a spark of noble spirit, the most corrupt Congress must be mad to form any project of tyranny."
    - Rev. Nicholas Collin, Fayetteville Gazette (N.C.), October 12, 1789

Boolit Master

I and my crew were kicking off a shutdown maintenance project at a petrochemical plant when somebody heard the report on the radio. didn't get to a TV until lunchtime. Just kept on working.

dale in Louisiana

Quote Originally Posted by smokeywolf View Post
    Funny how after a disaster or attack like that, everybody says expect and prepare for the worst and hope for the best; part of that preparation is being or becoming well armed. A few years later, those who are still practicing that theory are deemed paranoid, crazy gun toting rednecks, "preppers", extremists, societal outcasts.
    Very True!

I was in Allentown, PA working. They called us all in the break room an hour or so after the second plane hit and sent us all home.
    My Feedback : http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...ZmanWakeForest

A good parent prepares the child for the path, not the path for the child.