Snyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersInline Fabrication
RotoMetals2Titan ReloadingLoad DataRepackbox
Lee Precision
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What did YOU do today?

Boolit Buddy

What did YOU do today?

I poured about a hundred pounds of range scrap ingots and cast around 600 230 grain tumble lube .452 bullets.

Banned
    Made some checks

Boolit Master

since it's only 0605,not much,still drinking coffee.normally I cut grass on thursday,but it's going to rain,so I will stay inside and work on my VA packet for my up and coming appointment.now if you had ask about yesterday,that would have been a whole different story.it was a really long day.arms are bruised like crazy.and I am sore as a boil on a possum's cod.
    Pro Patria-Ne Desit Virtus

Had some coffee, took the dogs out....it's 7am! I cut the grass on the shootin range yesterday though.

Boolit Master

Well, just woke up today, but last night I taught a new friend how to reload. Now he has the bug, and said he's going to look online for his own reloading set to purchase.

One at a time...

Made Hornady send me a missing set screw from a compensator I got from midway yesterday
    I have sworn on the altar of GOD eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.
    Thomas Jefferson

" Any law that is NOT constitutional is not a law" James Madison

New Lee .314 sizer arrived so I sized up the 200 boolits I had made, dip lubed them all, then resized. Laid out in a container, labeled for size, weight, and gun intended. Small batch for some of you guys but the biggest I've done to date. Next I can start loading some of those same boolits to see how they do at the range.

Most likely going to be sitting on top of IMR 4895 probably about 27-30 grains. Tames the old russian girls down pretty well. Makes them almost civilized!

We'll yesterday I got called into work, then I converted 50 rounds of '06 into 8mm for my bro in law (he did most of the work). My wife and I went shooting, she shot 50 rounds of 223 to get sighted in for huntin season, 400 rounds of 38 special ammo and 75 rounds of 20 ga ammo, while my bro in law shot 50 rounds of 8mm Mauser with the lee 324-175 tumble lubed with 45-45-10 over 15 grn of 700x powder.

Then we went to lowes to get some adapters for an AC unit (when did plugs get so expensive?) came home from that and the wife had home made buffalo wings made

43PU

Last night I cast a pile of 240gr RN .44cal, 90gr RN .356cal, and 124gr RN .357cal.

Boolit Master

Got a call late last night that an old caster had passed away and his gear is being sold off.6 molds, Red Dot, and shotshell wads, WW's and lead. Now... I'm looking for the funds and awaiting a text on the mold's numbers.

Boolit Buddy

Drinking coffee still but I shot my crono yesterday, well really just the diffuser rod.
    Noli Me Tangere

Banned

Pulled my well pump, set the new pump too deep to pick up dirt and got air in my water. Had to raise it, flush and shorten the hose. Works fine now. Put the pump in the center of the water column. I got a good measurement with a length of 50-50 tin lead on a rope. well is 110' and water is 32' from bottom. I set to center and no more air.

Boolit Master
    Got breakfast at my local cafe, then cast 350 9mm 359-120b boolits from my Accurate Mold. Now off to work.

I powder coated 200 rounds of 358-125-rf and loaded them into 38 special and 9mm to try out this weekend. Followed that with loading about 300 rounds of 9mm with Lee 356-95-rf over a charge of Titewad for practice loads. Loading all done on a Lee classic cast turret press.
    Then helped the wife clean the house because she has company coming over tonight.

Boolit Master

Shot three rounds of skeet today at the Air Force base getting ready for the upcoming bird seasons.
    Keep your powder dry,

Scharf

Boolit Master

I worked, some one has to pay for the welfare that so many are getting.
    Je suis Charlie
    ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rednecks run the Brits out of this country years ago,
    I will defend this country from anyone or thing that tries to take it from me or mine
    I AM A REDNECK!!!
    "If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government,our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." Samuel Adams, 1776

Quote Originally Posted by RED333 View Post
    I worked, some one has to pay for the welfare that so many are getting.
    Same here.
    "The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms."
    - Samuel Adams

COTEP CBOB0736

Boolit Master
    I cast about forty round ball for my Ten Bore Double Rifle, and loaded all 20 cases with 135gr of 777, a card wad, two jute wads, and a round ball.

I worked also. However on one of my parts runs I picked up a Lee loader in 45LC and brass and boolits from my parts guy to load for him. Mainly so I can use a Lee Loader, been itching to really see how they work.
    For by grace are you saved through faith, and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God. Not of works, lest any man should boast. Eph. 2:8,9

Vendor Sponsor

Broke in a new Noe 311299 HP mold
    For subsonic work in blkout and 308
    Started having keepers on the 3rd cast
    [SIZE=4][B]Selling Hi Quality Powdercoating Powder

I carry a Nuke50 because cleaning up the mess is Silly !!

http://www.bing.com/search?q=nuke50&...7ADE&FORM=QBLH

I am not crazy my mom had me tested

Theres a fine line between genius and crazy .. I'm that line
    and depending on the day I might just step over that line !!!