RepackboxInline FabricationWidenersLee Precision
MidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataSnyders JerkyRotoMetals2
Titan Reloading

Thread: .32 magnum and power pistol?

.32 magnum and power pistol?

I have discovered the .32 magnum and am in love with it. I have also had very good luck with power pistol in other cartridges. I called alliant and was told that they did not have data for power pistol in .32 magnum. I was aware of that but hoped they could give me some data. Anyway is anyone using power pistol in .32 magnum with the RCBS 98 swc boolit?
    Paper targets aren't your friends. They won't lie for you and they don't care if your feelings get hurt.

Boolit Buddy

Try Unique!

i, too, fell in love with the 32 Mag back when it first came out, perhaps 1988 or so? I've always loved the little 32S&W Long, and here was the new Mag, like the Long on steroids!
    Had 2 Ruger singlesix mags, and got lucky and found new a Smith Model 631 4" stainless KitGun-- How many times have I wished I still had that little shooter? Stupid moves happen when you really need the money, don't they?
    Anyway: Never tried Power Pistol (don't think it was around back then) but used the finest pistol powder known for revolver cases, Unique- My notes show that with Fed 32Mag cases, Win Small Pistol powder, 4.5gr Unique, and the same 98gr SWC by RCBS produced a very tight-grouping load- noted at 3" at 25yds out of a 4" pistol- a very snappy load for sure, but never any problems. I certainly would not suggest going higher than this with Unique, but worked for me (your mileage may vary!)
    Good luck on your quest with Power Pistol!
    An excellent choice of cartridge for small and light revolver!

358wcf Chuck

Have used 4.0 of unique with good results.
    Paper targets aren't your friends. They won't lie for you and they don't care if your feelings get hurt.

Boolit Master
    I just got a 6-1/2" Ruger Bisley Single Six in .32 Mag, and am working my way through my rustiness with pistol shooting. I have improved measurably recently, but I did shoot a 2" 50 yd. group with the RCBS 98 gr. SWC over 4.5 grains of Power Pistol. I noted no pressure signs, and could shake the cases out of the gun. I don't think you will find a more accurate boolit.

Thanks Marshall!

Boolit Buddy

I don't know why, but I haven't previously considered Power Pistol for my Ruger .32 Mag. That's a good idea, and I will have to try it.

Thus far, Power Pistol has been reserved for my 10mm.