MidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataSnyders JerkyWideners
Titan ReloadingLee PrecisionInline FabricationRotoMetals2
Repackbox

Thread: Uberti 1871 357 magnum

Boolit Bub

Uberti 1871 357 magnum

So I found one of these and got it in 2 weeks ago. Beautiful gun, tight fit and finish. I took it, a couple of 22s and my 8yr old son to the range. Gun shot great, good groups and was working to find a load for it when my boy decided he wanted to shoot it. He spent the rest of that day and the next range session shooting 38 specials out of it. The 22s are now sitting neglected. I'm going to miss that gun, but glad he is getting to enjoy it. If I'm lucky, he might give me a turn next time we go. I wish they still made these, I'd buy another.

Boolit Grand Master bedbugbilly's Avatar
    Sounds like some good "father/sone" time and "memory making"!

Look at it this way . . . if you reload 38s . . . cast your won . . . scrounge lead like I do and have the brass on hand . . . you can shoot it cheaper than the 22s! All of my 22s sit "dormant" right now as I refuse to pay the high prices of that some are charging for 22 ammo.

As far as the Uberti . . . I just got a Uberti Bisley and am very impressed with the quality, fit and finish. I've seen some of their rifles and they do look nice! Sounds like you got one that you'll both enjoy and that can be "passed on" to him when the time is right!

Enjoy and treasure those "father/son" times. My Dad has been gone for 20 years now and I still miss him every day. Some of my fondest memories I have are of the times he took us out and taught us how to shoot and gun safety. That's been well over 50 years ago and the memories still put a smile on my face.

Are you talking about the 1871 Rolling Block? If so I want one too. I have one in a 45-70, but the light weight of the gun is begging for a 357.

Owen

Boolit Bub
    It is the 1871 rolling block. I don't think they offer it anymore in the 357, glad I found one. For me it is a great fit. Great gun and big brother to my 1871 in 22lr.

great gun, I just got mine a few weeks ago. It's a hoot.

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by jlucke69 View Post
    So I found one of these and got it in 2 weeks ago. Beautiful gun, tight fit and finish. I took it, a couple of 22s and my 8yr old son to the range. Gun shot great, good groups and was working to find a load for it when my boy decided he wanted to shoot it. He spent the rest of that day and the next range session shooting 38 specials out of it. The 22s are now sitting neglected. I'm going to miss that gun, but glad he is getting to enjoy it. If I'm lucky, he might give me a turn next time we go. I wish they still made these, I'd buy another.

No photos to share ? ?

....I'm going to miss that gun, but glad he is getting to enjoy it. If I'm lucky, he might give me a turn next time we go. I wish they still made these, I'd buy another.
    Is it just me or can the rest of you hear the long deep sigh of resignation with the proud smile behind it as clearly as I can....

I can't find you another Uberti but Pedersoli still makes a baby carbine in the popular center fire handgun calibers.
    Witty saying to be plagarized shortly.....