MidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingSnyders JerkyTitan Reloading
WidenersRotoMetals2Load DataInline Fabrication
Lee Precision Repackbox

Thread: patching the 32-20 ?

patching the 32-20 ?

i am going to pull the trigger so to speak on ordering a barrel in 32-20 that has a .308 instead of the .312. reason i desire this lil hummer is for small game and target. i will run as heavy as i can and wondered about patching for it.

has anybody patched for this lil bugger? if so ... how was the outcome and hassles? thoughts? ideas?

Barrel for what? TC Contender? Or something different? If it is a TC barrel, they were 1:10 twist .308" with a funnel throat that ought to work real well for PP. Most 32-20 chambers, though, have almost no throat in them and it might be tough to get the patch started down the bore without tearing it. So it is all going to depend on what your chamber looks like.

Before long I'll be able to tell you what happens when you try patching for a Marlin 1894CL. I have one that I want to shine up the bore on, so am going to try and see how PP works in it. I'll get back to ya....

-Nobade

awsome. yes it is a Encore platform and im going to have MGM build me a barrel custom so i can stipulate the chamber as well as the bore diameter. i didnt know that the TC's were the 10 twist. that sounds custom made for my thoughts of a small case with a heavy for cal boolit going slow and being accurate.

thanks for the heads up.

i look forward to your experiments with the Marlin. should do just fine for your needs and i bet you can develope a load that whizz's them out there spiffy like.