Snyders JerkyLoad DataRotoMetals2Reloading Everything
Lee PrecisionRepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan Reloading
Inline Fabrication Wideners

Thread: Ruger stock

Boolit Buddy

Ruger stock

Is the synthetic stock on a Ruger M77 Mark II 30-06 stainless steel anything like the Tupperware 700 stocks?
    Are the Rugers any better or are they lust the flimsey hollow sounding like the REM?
    How are the current production Ruger Hawkeye all weather synthetic stocks?

ERGONOMICALLY PLEASING BLACK SYNTHETIC STOCK has more rounded contours along the barrel, on the
    bottom of the stock, and on the top of the pistol grip. Black rubber buttpad for recoil reduction features Ruger logo.
    This doesn't tell me much.

Thanks

Boolit Buddy
    Anybody?

In my limited experience they are much better. I bought a Mark II 77 when the LGS was closing them out for the Hawkeyes. The Ruger stock is much stiffer than what I have seen on 700s. In all the years I have had the rifle, point of impact has never, ever shifted.

Boolit Grand Master

Sounds like my "bad weather gun". It had languished on a LGS's back shelf for years before I bought it about 10 yrs ago. It's not my prettiest gun by a long shot but it shoots very well with loads tailored for my "primary" gun. Don't try to free-float the barrel, just shoot it. Timney trigger and a few hundred cycles of the bolt didn't hurt anything either.
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    Smokeless powder is a passing fad! -Steve Garbe
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.