MidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxLee PrecisionWideners
Inline FabricationRotoMetals2Load DataTitan Reloading
Snyders Jerky
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Anyone heard from john @h-g firearms?

Boolit Mold
    I Too fell for johns BS everything that everybody saying happened to me too I would love to get my money back the Dies are **** nothing works like it's supposed to the press is a piece of junk I ask him to make me two more punches and and it took me 3 months to get them after the first 2 weeks he told me that they were ready to go I sent him the money three months later I have the two punches that he made me and they were not right the part that you thread into the RAM would not even thread into the Ram they were .025 to .030 to small and when I send him an email he got very belligerent with me I told him that I am a machinist that's what I do and it was a good thing that I had access to a lathe and I made two new punches myself but everything else **** I'm willing to join the lawsuit if we could get it Done but the problem is he will just file bankruptcy and we're still screwed if anybody out there has access to a lathe its not that hard I remade two punches and thinking about getting tooling to make new dies

I know the frustration of being in situations like this, and Lord knows, misery loves company. I think the affect parties should PM each other and formulate a plan for the way forward. I would do this privately because of the possible legal implications.

For those of you that are new to swaging or are considering it, some advice: Buy from a well known, established company like Corbins for your initial purchases. They are less affected by illness, supply problems or taking on too much work. Their machinists know what they are doing. That's a plus in this game.

Larger companies that have been around for a while have a reputation to protect, and have a lot of experience dealing with the needs of new people and old hands. Will you pay more? Yes, but what is the alternative? In the case of the people who have paid HG Firearms and received nothing, well, another few dollars would have saved them time, money and pi$$pot full of aggravation. I'm not saying this to be a jerk. I'm hoping that new people will learn from this and avoid the pitfalls.

For those of you that feel you've been taken, PM each other and take some action.
    Safe Shooting!
    Steve Redgwell
    www.303british.com

Excerpt from Cold Iron by Rudyard Kipling

Gold is for the mistress - silver for the maid -
    Copper for the craftsman, cunning at his trade.
    "Good!" said the Baron, sitting in his hall,
    "But Iron - Cold Iron - is master of them all."

Boolit Bub
    I agree on all of us getting together, we can complain and rant and rave and keep anyone else from getting ripped off, but we need to get either product or our money back. I got postal inspectors involved and I did get everything but a core mold, I know I'm lucky to be out only that, but will join with others to make a case. I do know he has seen this post because with my contact with it he mentioned it, so we do need to make a effort to do it through pm's and get something rolling, your welcome to pm me and between us we can try and figure something out.

Rod

A quick update on my situation with HG, Deputy Brief has turned over to the DA in MI the case file and there are now five of us that has registered complaints to the DA, William Donnelly. I have talked with Donnelly at great length and he, supposedly, is going to proceed with fraud charges against Gilbert, which according to Brief, is not his real name, imagine that! If you have had problems with HG firearms and want to do something about it, Nick Brief 231-839-4338, William Donnelly, DA 231-839-3111. Can't guarantee any thing will get done, but at least I'm trying! (very trying my wife says!)

Banned

Sounds like this one needs to go to DEADBEAT status. Sorry you guys are havin' to go through this. Stay within the law. BT will be able to serve your swage needs just fine in the future. He's an awesome guy!

Anyone have any new "news"?
    "Truth is treason in the empire of lies" Ron Paul

Boolit Bub
    He's back under a new name.........complete22 caliber bullet swaging kit

Unfortunately its hard to give up easy money.....

Boolit Master
    I notice he is offering Priority post to Australia, I wonder how many from this side of the world gets taken.

Boolit Buddy
    What are the names that he has used or is using?

Boolit Master

If it's him, he is using "Small Game Company" as the name. Says he acquired the die works of a local manufacturer and will only sell "in stock items". He is now offering two sizes of swaging presses and has them pictured. We'll see.

Bob
    Si hostes visibilis, etiam tu

Boolit Buddy
    I wonder if this is why he would never provide a tracking number?

I got an email from Deputy Brief today stating that John was indited on 5 counts of felony fraud and arrested and is sitting in jail as I speak. So anyone who is awaiting anything from HG firearms, it'll be a bit....

Good work, guys! I've had no exposure to this but always appreciate the heads-up about people like that.

Quote Originally Posted by jimbull34 View Post
    I got an email from Deputy Brief today stating that John was indited on 5 counts of felony fraud and arrested and is sitting in jail as I speak. So anyone who is awaiting anything from HG firearms, it'll be a bit....

Ask that Deputy if he can send us his mugshot and publish it here for all to see and take heed of what happens to scammers

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Theditchman View Post
    Ask that Deputy if he can send us his mugshot and publish it here for all to see and take heed of what happens to scammers
    Good idea.
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

Boolit Master

Hey guys I had a problem for a year with a very large multi million client firm. Hours on the phone, then nothing. I made a complaint with the better business bureau and less than 48 hrs they couldn't make corrections fast enough, just a thought.
    Bill

Joe,
    What was the forum you went too and got tis **** from? I do have first person experience and will gladly go there and "run my mouth". I don't like being screwed, (without a kiss) and when I find someone who has been doing it for some time now, I do my best to make others aware of it. Sounds to me like this guy was sorta pissed that you were informing people about HG and it might screw up his sale.... send me a pm with the forum and where you were...if you want.

Boolit Master
    Oh no it was not the seller. It was others on the forum. I kind of get that they were just sticking up for him as fellow brother/sister members do. It is not even there now and I get the feeling that if I were to just have sent the seller a message and not posted he would have understood and removed.
    "Consequently we move away from other shooters to remain focused on our passion, as our ideas are quickly dismissed or misunderstood by others. Sharing does not come easily for swagers, not because they are necessarily selfish, but because they have been whittling away in their only little world for so long, that being able to relate to others what they understand is no simple task."

​Mentor

Just an update, got a letter from the DA in MI yesterday. John is being charged with five counts of common law fraud involving five victums. He also sent a victim impact statement for each of us to fill out. It took a while but maybe this individual will finally be put out of business, for now anyway. Problem is, we are still out out money/dies/presses. I just hate a thief and a crook....